• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Delay, Deny and Deflect: How Facebook’s Leaders Fought Through Crisis

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Delay, Deny and Deflect: How Facebook’s Leaders Fought Through Crisis

merlin_136663134_c5600169-09d9-401a-be84-67af1a3a2d64-articleLarge.jpg

Joel Kaplan, right, Facebook’s vice president for corporate public policy, attended an April Senate hearing
where a coached Mark Zuckerberg, the company’s chief executive, largely eluded tough questions.

11/14/18
Sheryl Sandberg was seething. Inside Facebook’s Menlo Park, Calif., headquarters, top executives gathered in the glass-walled conference room of its founder, Mark Zuckerberg. It was September 2017, more than a year after Facebook engineers discovered suspicious Russia-linked activity on its site, an early warning of the Kremlin campaign to disrupt the 2016 American election. Congressional and federal investigators were closing in on evidence that would implicate the company. But it wasn’t the looming disaster at Facebook that angered Ms. Sandberg. It was the social network’s security chief, Alex Stamos, who had informed company board members the day before that Facebook had yet to contain the Russian infestation. Mr. Stamos’s briefing had prompted a humiliating boardroom interrogation of Ms. Sandberg, Facebook’s chief operating officer, and her billionaire boss. She appeared to regard the admission as a betrayal. “You threw us under the bus!” she yelled at Mr. Stamos, according to people who were present.

continued @ the link above

Long, yet compelling expose article by the New York Times on the brute force and underhanded tactics Facebook has used to quell global discontent over its lax privacy practices and security vulnerabilities.

Always attuned like a laser to profits, little has changed. Facebook still sells member data and remains vulnerable to election meddling forces.

I thought the youngsters were moving away from FB. Me and my dog have four accounts between us and I don’t keep up much....

I thought the youngsters were moving away from FB. Me and my dog have four accounts between us and I don’t keep up much....

And I got cancelled for either not using my real name, or an "opinion crime". I'm not sure which.

Anti Trump name variations are all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom