• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dehumanization

There is no term for people who don't believe in astrology or alchemy.
They would fall under the umbrella term of skeptic

On the other hand. As atheists if it should turn out we are wrong then instead of getting to spend eternity at the feet of god with a bunch of christians. We get to spend eternity with rock legends of the past. So, is it really the wrong choice to choose to be an atheist?
For me, being an atheist is no choice at all. I am simply incapable of believing in something like god/s without evidence. If I mustered any such "belief," it would be insincere. If there is a God, I would think God would appreciate honest skepticism rather than false faith.

If the feeling of being personally watched (over?) by an invisible master makes folks behave better then I see no problem with it.

But the evidence seems to indicate that it does not have that effect.

Whoever this DP member is, he/she does have a point. I mean that there is even a term like "atheist" for unbelievers. There is no term for people who don't believe in astrology or alchemy.

No one even talks about alchemy anymore. There are a lot of old beliefs that younger people aren't even aware of.

Neither have I. Banning abortions is a bit like banning collision insurance. You don't have to buy it or use it and it does you no harm if others buy it.

But, here's the strange thing about legal abortion. Those that want to ban it, get abortions just as often as the godless women that believe it should be legal. Figure out that one, if you can.
I'm going to have to call bullshit on that.

For me, being an atheist is no choice at all. I am simply incapable of believing in something like god/s without evidence. If I mustered any such "belief," it would be insincere. If there is a God, I would think God would appreciate honest skepticism rather than false faith.
Same here. Facts matter to me. End of story

Facts are good. I like facts. Can't get enough of those wonderful facts.
You'd think facts would speak for themselves. But they don't

You'd think facts would speak for themselves. But they don't
Unfortunately, some are not interested in facts, especially when it contradicts their own biases.

Neither have I. Banning abortions is a bit like banning collision insurance. You don't have to buy it or use it and it does you no harm if others buy it.

But, here's the strange thing about legal abortion. Those that want to ban it, get abortions just as often as the godless women that believe it should be legal. Figure out that one, if you can.

Back
Top Bottom