• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Death toll hits 56 in California's Camp Fire as officials release list of unaccounted

The Europeans who first explored this area almost 500 years ago wrote about these type of wild fires in their journals. Leftists Politicians trying to push this off on Climate Change are the ones who should not be running anything.

The President pointing out the real cause of the problem doesn't make him less empathetic, He is actually the most empathetic President America has had in decades.

40 years ago these type of fires were not as common, because western states had logging and actual forestry management. Now all the major problems form fires, crime and S**t in the streets are caused by Leftist Policies.

Actually, wildfires have always been natural. They are, in fact, a necessity in terms of "natural" development. Your comments about the current president's emotional capacity are a matter of opinion and unworthy of substantive reply. What confounds me is your inclination to blame a tragedy on, as you said, "Leftists [sic] Politicians [sic]" and "Leftist [sic] Policies [sic]".

I have lived through several colossal wildfires. I've shut off air intakes at my commercial properties and wet my home property because the danger posed by ongoing fires was that severe. About a year later, returning to my favorite camping spot in Colorado, I saw wildflowers and birds that I had never seen before. I saw sprouts of plants and trees that didn't exist at this elevation in my lifetime. I also saw the ruins of homes still being negotiated by insurance adjusters and courts. I saw tennis courts that were just waiting for a permit to be demolished. I never -- not once -- thought to blame nature's fury on a political class. I encourage you to gain some perspective.

Damn those Democrats and their inability to control the weather.

The failure to correctly regulate the power companies is a problem.

All of the fires that power companies seem to be starting is a problem.

Making a joke about this tragedy is just SICK. Shove your guns up your b***.

A little off topic, but I had a conversation by text message this week that devolved into a smear of Catholic priests. One of its participants insisted on making silly (and lazy) jokes about the abuse that some young boys suffered in the ways we all know by now. I'm irreverant and often worse, but I told him that he might not be plastering my phone screen with laughing-crying emojis if he knew a victim of sexual assault and childhood rape. He taped a note to my front door that night saying that he was sorry and would choose his jokes more carefully in the future.

I have no such hope for random, anonymous internet posters, but I do appreciate your effort and hope you will continue to make it.

PG&E stock is down to $25/share, maybe on the way to Zero.....spending the last few years consumed with Green Energy Fantasies like the Cali Politicians instead of concentrating on the basics such as not starting fires might have been a very bad idea.

What does this even mean?

The failure to correctly regulate the power companies is a problem.

All of the fires that power companies seem to be starting is a problem.

Please disregard my previous question. After reading your other posts, I realize that your response will be nonsensical and worthless to the overall discussion.

Please disregard my previous question. After reading your other posts, I realize that your response will be nonsensical and worthless to the overall discussion.

I am sorry to hear of your problems.

Maybe you will be better tomorrow.

California authorities are investigating PG&E equipment as a possible cause of the Camp fire, the deadliest blaze in state history, burning about 150 miles (240 kilometers) northeast of San Francisco. It has killed at least 48 people, destroyed 130,000 acres and wiped out the town of Paradise.

“The utility could be subject to significant liability in excess of insurance coverage,” PG&E said in its filing Tuesday.

PG&E already faces up to $17.3 billion in potential liabilities for 2017’s wildfires, according to a JPMorgan Chase & Co. estimate, bringing the total to about $30 billion. That well exceeds the company’s current market value of $12.6 billion.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...es-in-early-trading-amid-wildfire-destruction

OOPS!

$30 billion and counting / 40 million citizens using electricity = BIG BILL INCREASES

Dead people are a huge potential liability, and it looks like there are still more to come.

You're welcome.

A "potential" liability to whom? You're grasping at a connection that you haven't made, but I would love for you to make it in a cogent way.

I didn't thank you. Don't say, "You're welcome." It's weird and dismissive in a worthless way.

A "potential" liability to whom? You're grasping at a connection that you haven't made, but I would love for you to make it in a cogent way.

I didn't thank you. Don't say, "You're welcome." It's weird and dismissive in a worthless way.

I assume that people have a certain knowledge level though I am often willing to talk down......If the power companies are found to be at fault which means only that their equipment started these fires, which looks likely, then rate payers are going to have to pay most of the costs, because there is no one else. Every dead person they find is a potential electricity rate hike. Furthermore California is already a super expensive place to live.

I assume that people have a certain knowledge level though I am often willing to talk down......If the power companies are found to be at fault which means only that their equipment started these fires, which looks likely, then rate payers are going to have to pay most of the costs, because there is no one else. Every dead person they find is a potential electricity rate hike. Furthermore California is already a super expensive place to live.

So your unsubstantiated premise is that utility companies caused the wildfires in CA and that they will pass through the cost of dead bodies to their consumers. Then what, Hawkeye?

So your unsubstantiated premise is that utility companies caused the wildfires in CA and that they will pass through the cost of dead bodies to their consumers. Then what, Hawkeye?

Right, and rates are already very high.

And there are tons of new increases coming because of the Green Energy laws.

At the rate they are going they will be paying German Electric prices soon.

Every dead body potentially makes the problem worse.

Last edited:
Right, and rates are already very high.

And there are tons of new increases coming because of the Green Energy laws.

At the rate they are going they will be paying German Electric prices soon.

Every dead body potentially makes the problem worse.

You need to be more specific with your claims of "Green Energy" laws. In the Mountain West, rooftop solar benefits all consumers, by holding electric prices low. This is primarily due to 2 facts. First, Solar PVs are a peak load producer, preventing the need for a additional power plants, which is the primary factor in driving up electricity rates. Second, Solar PVs are point-of-source generators, so the Utility company provides more power without the associated voltage loss - more savings for everybody.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/rooftop-solar-net-metering-is-a-net-benefit/

Far from a net cost, net metering is in most cases a net benefit—for the utility and for non-solar rate-payers.

Just one day after Trump tweeted, by pointing fingers and laying blame, there are now at least 56 deaths, and many more missing.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/c...acuations-death-toll-2018-11-14-live-updates/

Authorities searching through the blackened aftermath of California's deadliest wildfire Wednesday released the names of some 130 people who are unaccounted, including many in their 80s and 90s, and dozens more could still be unaccounted for. Officials in Northern California said Tuesday that search crews had found six more bodies, bringing the death toll from the so-called Camp Fire to 56 and the statewide total to 59.

Any president who cannot be empathetic during a natural disaster, is not qualified to be president, and deserves no votes from thoughtful Americans.

Reports say several in Paradise are suing the electric companies. It will be interesting to see how those suits fare.

DJT is a clown, and he proves it with every tweet.

Just one day after Trump tweeted, by pointing fingers and laying blame, there are now at least 56 deaths, and many more missing.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/c...acuations-death-toll-2018-11-14-live-updates/

Authorities searching through the blackened aftermath of California's deadliest wildfire Wednesday released the names of some 130 people who are unaccounted, including many in their 80s and 90s, and dozens more could still be unaccounted for. Officials in Northern California said Tuesday that search crews had found six more bodies, bringing the death toll from the so-called Camp Fire to 56 and the statewide total to 59.

Any president who cannot be empathetic during a natural disaster, is not qualified to be president, and deserves no votes from thoughtful Americans.

Trump's an ass, not worthy of being elected dog catcher, we all know that.

My sympathies (and a donation to the Red Cross to provide real help) to the victims and their friends and families.

Last edited:
You need to be more specific with your claims of "Green Energy" laws. In the Mountain West, rooftop solar benefits all consumers, by holding electric prices low. This is primarily due to 2 facts. First, Solar PVs are a peak load producer, preventing the need for a additional power plants, which is the primary factor in driving up electricity rates. Second, Solar PVs are point-of-source generators, so the Utility company provides more power without the associated voltage loss - more savings for everybody.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/rooftop-solar-net-metering-is-a-net-benefit/

Far from a net cost, net metering is in most cases a net benefit—for the utility and for non-solar rate-payers.

Thank you for the information. :)

yontoket 600. Paradise is a refresher course.

Tossing live babies in the fire by their ankles? Yeah. And you sorry bastards of Paradise are “ victims “

Back
Top Bottom