• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

De Blasio threatens to begin rounding up the Jews

jmotivator

Computer Gaming Nerd
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
deblasio.jpg

What a strange thing to say. This can't help his re-election....

I think the New York City experiment with far left wack job mayors is coming to an end, thank goodness.

View attachment 67279274

I think the New York City experiment with far left wack job mayors is coming to an end, thank goodness.

So he should just allow them to violate the stay at home orders so he can risk the health of millions of his constituents so he can...win the election?

Nothing strange about what he said. The funeral for the Rabbi violated the order.

View attachment 67279274

"Round up the Jews?" If you're trying to sound hysterical, good job.

de Blasio is an asshole, but he's absolutely right here. I don't care what their religion is, they are not above the rest of us. We are all making sacrifices right now.

They could have held a small service of only the closest family, but instead they CHOSE to ignore the health crisis and hold a massive service in a city where the virus is spreading like wildfire.

Whoever organized indeed should be arrested.

Hopefully, nobody else listens to these far-right religious zealots who believe they are above the law.

So he should just allow them to violate the stay at home orders so he can risk the health of millions of his constituents so he can...win the election?

Nothing strange about what he said. The funeral for the Rabbi violated the order.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin

The quarantine should be voluntary, and allow everyone to weigh their own risk.

Unlike New York State that forced Nursing Homes to take in COVID-19 patients, leading to thousands of deaths in nursing homes.

But there is no evidence of transmission in open air gatherings, so...

Moreover, there is no reason to single out the Jewish community in his threats.

This is the same ****wit releasing violent criminals from jail because they might get sick there.

de Blasion is an asshole, but he's absolutely right here. I don't care what their religion is, they are not above the rest of us. We are all making sacrifices right now.

They could have held a small service of only the closest family, but instead they CHOSE to ignore the health crisis and hold a massive service in a city where the virus is spreading like wildfire.

Whoever organized it should be arrested.

Seig Heil!

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin

The quarantine should be voluntary, and allow everyone to weigh their own risk.

Unlike New York State that forced Nursing Homes to take in COVID-19 patients, leading to thousands of deaths in nursing homes.

But there is no evidence of transmission in open air gatherings, so...

Moreover, there is no reason to single out the Jewish community in his threats.

This is the same ****wit releasing violent criminals from jail because they might get sick there.

de Blasio issued an order making large gatherings illegal. The funeral for the Rabbi violated that order.

You're sulking because he cares more about his responsibility as Mayor and his constituents than winning re-election.

This thread brought to you by Law & Order Republicans.

Good to see you're practicing your chants for the local Republican protest.

Nah, I'm not the one calling for the round up of Jews for practicing their religion against state orders. That is you. Wear it proudly.

de Blasio issued an order making large gatherings illegal. The funeral for the Rabbi violated that order.

You're sulking because he cares more about his responsibility as Mayor and his constituents than winning re-election.

Wonder if he sent a similar note to those who went out to see the flyover yesterday.

Nah, I'm not the one calling for the round up of Jews for practicing their religion against state orders. That is you. Wear it proudly.
Sorry, man. You got me mixed up with Nazi's. I wear red (my favorite color) because I'm a commie according to Republicans. Can't be both.

Being a commie has that advantage, and we get some killer boots, too.

Yes you are. Your OP threatened just that. de Blasio didn't.

What do you want to do with the Jews when you round them up?

Wonder if he sent a similar note to those who went out to see the flyover yesterday.
You mean the people wearing masks and gloves that have been saving thousands of lives, and were only out for like 5 minutes?

fetchimage

which can run afoul of constitutional rights more so religious gatherings which this could be considered one.
his unconstitutional order does not have to be followed. it is the reason we have a constitution.

It is to stop these would be rulers by fiat.

Well, the state said so!! Does deBlasio have the constitutional authority for denying the right to peacefully gather?

You don't really care, do you? It's whatever the state says.

No he ****ing doesn't. If he cared he wouldn't have been telling people to keep taking subways and buses while the disease was spreading, and he wouldn't have been forcing nursing homes to take COVID-19 positive patients. And he wouldn't have been continuing he his own private travels while claiming he had special privileged do to his position.

He doesn't give a **** about anything but unchallenged authority and the the authoritarian state. He is a dictatorial dirtbag. You have let stupid, ignorant fear push you into support for dictatorship. Good job on the persistent downward slide.

which can run afoul of constitutional rights more so religious gatherings which this could be considered one.
his unconstitutional order does not have to be followed. it is the reason we have a constitution.

It is to stop these would be rulers by fiat.

Let me know when Trump and Barr order de Blasio to lift the stay at home order.

View attachment 67279274

Arrest those gathering in large groups and put them all together in jail? Okay. :lol:

Well, the state said so!! Does deBlasio have the constitutional authority for denying the right to peacefully gather?

You don't really care, do you? It's whatever the state says.

No he ****ing doesn't. If he cared he wouldn't have been telling people to keep taking subways and buses while the disease was spreading, and he wouldn't have been forcing nursing homes to take COVID-19 positive patients. And he wouldn't have been continuing he his own private travels while claiming he had special privileged do to his position.

He doesn't give a **** about anything but unchallenged authority and the the authoritarian state. He is a dictatorial dirtbag. You have let stupid, ignorant fear push you into support for dictatorship. Good job on the persistent downward slide.

Let me know when your hero Trump orders de Blasio to life the order.

You have let your ignorance push you into lying about de Blasio threatening to round up Jews. Good job. Don't worry - I'm sure Princess Ivanka is safe.

You mean the people wearing masks and gloves that have been saving thousands of lives, and were only out for like 5 minutes?

So you think, without evidence, that...

1) The only people to go outside were doctors and nurses..

2) They all wore masks...

3) And they were only out for 5 minutes...

That is a whole boat load of bull**** you believe.

Let me know when your hero Trump orders de Blasio to life the order.

You have let your ignorance push you into lying about de Blasio threatening to round up Jews. Good job. Don't worry - I'm sure Princess Ivanka is safe.

Federalism. Learn what it is.

It's funny, the thing Trump is most wrong about is the one thing you side with him on. You are unerringly wrong.

"Round up the Jews?" If you're trying to sound hysterical, good job.

de Blasio is an asshole, but he's absolutely right here. I don't care what their religion is, they are not above the rest of us. We are all making sacrifices right now.

Whoever organized indeed should be arrested.

Hopefully, nobody else listens to these far-right religious zealots who believe they are above the law.

Hmmm...IMO that actually depends on which members of the "Jewish Community" we are talking about here.

The OP citation does not provide information about which group of the "Jewish Community" is being discussed.

Based on this article:

De Blasio insists no coronavirus ‘double standard’ after cops break up Jewish funeral crowd
De Blasio insists 'one standard’ on coronavirus after Jewish funeral dispute - New York Daily News

It seems he is talking about Hassidic Jews. If it is the Hassidic community, they are already fairly insular. They have their own schools, shop at their own stores, with the major contact with other citizens down in the "diamond district" in Manhattan; where they line both sides of 47th street between First Ave. and the West Side Highway with jewelry stores.

So unlike the average New Yorker, their contacts are fairly limited. It is also a violation of their First Amendment right to peaceably assemble amongst each other and worship.

I understand the drive to prevent any kind of example that other's may choose to use to ignore the "lockdowns" themselves. But again, one should balance the threat with the circumstances IMHO.

Arrest those gathering in large groups and put them all together in jail? Okay. :lol:
Obviously that won't happen.

But, those that organized it absolutely should be arrested and made to pay for the danger they created with jail time.

No, I don't feel bad about that.

Right?! This is the same dillweed who is releasing violent criminals from jail for fear of them catching COVID-19 in jail... but he has room for, and no care for, the Jews, apparently.

Back
Top Bottom