• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dayton Mother Caught Breast Feeding and Driving

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
She was breastfeeding her child while driving with the child's head resting on the steering wheel and talking on a cell phone as well.
KETTERING, Ohio -- A Dayton mother is facing charges for breast feeding her daughter while driving her other children to school.

Genine Compton was pulled over by Kettering police Thursday at Far Hills and Dorothy Lane while taking her other children to school.

Police say Comptom could have injured her child and others because she was breast feeding and talking on the cell phone while driving the vehicle.

Dayton Mother Caught Breast Feeding and Driving - News Story - WHIO Dayton

After receiving citations, she said she would still feed her baby while driving. What a stupid bitch. I hope she gets jail time.

I find the cellphone thing to be the bigger problem. Driving while breastfeeding isn't any more dangerous than holding a coffee in your hand. The worst case scenario is that the kid isn't protected by a car seat in the event of an accident.

She was breastfeeding her child while driving with the child's head resting on the steering wheel and talking on a cell phone as well.

After receiving citations, she said she would still feed her baby while driving. What a stupid bitch. I hope she gets jail time.
This would be one of those rare instances where we agree.

Stupid people doing stupid things. What else is new.

What is Britney Spears doing in Dayton? :confused:

I find the cellphone thing to be the bigger problem. Driving while breastfeeding isn't any more dangerous than holding a coffee in your hand. The worst case scenario is that the kid isn't protected by a car seat in the event of an accident.

Are you kidding me? So if she gets into an accident and the air bag goes off, do you think her child would survive that accident? :shock:

Yeah I'm not really following you on this either. Breast-feeding seems at least infinity+1 times more dangerous for you and your kid. I don't have breasts or kids, so maybe the process is much simpler than I have perceived it to be, but it sure seems like a terrible, terrible idea to me.

child endangerment
no car seat
reckless driving
using cell phone while driving
probably under current law she could be charged with public indecency

they can keep her off the road.

Are you kidding me? So if she gets into an accident and the air bag goes off, do you think her child would survive that accident?

That is exactly what I said. Not having the child in a car seat is the bigger problem.

Yeah I'm not really following you on this either. Breast-feeding seems at least infinity+1 times more dangerous for you and your kid. I don't have breasts or kids, so maybe the process is much simpler than I have perceived it to be, but it sure seems like a terrible, terrible idea to me.

Breastfeeding ties up 1 hand (not to mention breasts) to hold the baby, but doesn't require you to maintain active concentration on the action.

Perhaps I should make myself more clear. I don't think that breastfeeding while driving is as distracting as talking on a cellphone while driving, meaning that it has a lower chance of causing an accident. However, if in an accident occurs, it increases the chance of the kid getting hurt.

That is exactly what I said. Not having the child in a car seat is the bigger problem.

rathi, that's not what you said. You thought her talking on the cell phone was the more serious offense. Then you said that in the worst case scenario, the child would get hurt in an accident, like it was nothing. :shock: That's child endangerment. She needs to get jail time to learn her lesson.

I hadn't seen the video before now. Did anyone see the age of the child she was feeding? She's at least 3 years old. My point about the age is that it's not like it was an emergency feeding because her child was starving. :roll:

rathi, that's not what you said.

Actually that is exactly what I said.

You thought her talking on the cell phone was the more serious offense.

No I said it was more likely lead to harm.

Then you said that in the worst case scenario, the child would get hurt in an accident, like it was nothing.

Are you kidding me? I pointed out the danger to the kid if an accident occurs, which is a very true and very serious fact. Anything else you read anything else into it, thats your own issue.

The only point I wanted to make is that breastfeeding a kid while driving is a huge problem because it increases the risk of the kid dying in an accident. I wanted to make the distinction between talking on the cellphone, which is a danger because it increases the chance of an accident happening. The moron was doing both, making her doubly stupid.

Actually that is exactly what I said.

No I said it was more likely lead to harm.

Are you kidding me? I pointed out the danger to the kid if an accident occurs, which is a very true and very serious fact. Anything else you read anything else into it, thats your own issue.

The only point I wanted to make is that breastfeeding a kid while driving is a huge problem because it increases the risk of the kid dying in an accident. I wanted to make the distinction between talking on the cellphone, which is a danger because it increases the chance of an accident happening. The moron was doing both, making her doubly stupid.

I guess I misunderstood your post. I apologize, and I thank you for explaining what you meant. Cheers! :2wave:

I agree--she's a moron. ;)

The kid will die if the airbags deploy.

rathi, that's not what you said. You thought her talking on the cell phone was the more serious offense. Then you said that in the worst case scenario, the child would get hurt in an accident, like it was nothing. :shock: That's child endangerment. She needs to get jail time to learn her lesson.

Rathi could be right, depending on how expensive the phone was.
:2razz:

Or am I missing the point?

I'll volunteer to supervise her by taking the baby's place.

I hope they got a breast print.

Is it an offence that can result in a jail time. It seems like a traffic offense to me.

It seems like a Parental Negligence issue to me, and that can and should be extremely severe.
Jesus, a 5mph bump of another car or obstacle could result in the death of the infant.

Back
Top Bottom