• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Day 80, year 2024.

Torus34

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The number of deaths by gunshot in the United States of America, year to date, stands at 3,465. That's an average of 43 each day, and a 24 hour increase of 49. The hot days and the overheated tempers of summer lie ahead.

Of those 3,465 deaths, 52 were children aged 0-11 years. Another 244 were teens ages 12-17. That's a total of 296 children's lives which were cut short by a bullet, slug or shot. That averages between 3 and 4 children killed each day somewhere in the United States of America.

Based upon the data thus far, 2024 is on track for a total of 15,809 deaths by gunshot.

Regards, stay safe 'n well . . . 'n un-shot.

Ref.: https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

In recent years, rate of gun deaths is over 5-to-7 times that of neighboring Canada, which has similar culture but much stricter gun laws... but I am sure that's just a coincidence.

You have to know by now that nobody gives a shit about your sick and twisted obsession. All you are demonstrating is your ignorance and extreme leftist bias. :rolleyes:

In recent years, rate of gun deaths is over 5-to-7 times that of neighboring Canada, which has similar culture but much stricter gun laws... but I am sure that's just a coincidence.
Canada also does not recognize anyone's rights. So feel free to move to that oppressive leftist shithole and give up all the freedoms enjoyed by Americans. You deserve each other.

You have to know by now that nobody gives a shit about your sick and twisted obsession. All you are demonstrating is your ignorance and extreme leftist bias. :rolleyes:
The rest of us need to be protected from folks like you seem to be. Your gun rights trump other people's rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Hard to do any of those things lying on the ground dead from a gunshot, no? Why do gun rights trump my rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of my happiness?

Canada also does not recognize anyone's rights. So feel free to move to that oppressive leftist shithole and give up all the freedoms enjoyed by Americans. You deserve each other.
So countries that are strict on gun control are leftist shitholes. I would much rather live in a country with strict gun controls than the wild west america seems to like. In my younger days I was standing right next to a buddy of mine who was shot by a guy running past us, not a pretty sight.

The rest of us need to be protected from folks like you seem to be. Your gun rights trump other people's rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Hard to do any of those things lying on the ground dead from a gunshot, no? Why do gun rights trump my rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of my happiness?
Where does “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” appear in the Constitution?

The number of deaths by gunshot in the United States of America, year to date, stands at 3,465. That's an average of 43 each day, and a 24 hour increase of 49. The hot days and the overheated tempers of summer lie ahead.

Of those 3,465 deaths, 52 were children aged 0-11 years. Another 244 were teens ages 12-17. That's a total of 296 children's lives which were cut short by a bullet, slug or shot. That averages between 3 and 4 children killed each day somewhere in the United States of America.

Based upon the data thus far, 2024 is on track for a total of 15,809 deaths by gunshot.

IMG_0258.gif

Your gun rights trump other people's rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
The exercise of the right to keep and bear arms does not affect your rights, listed above.

So countries that are strict on gun control are leftist shitholes. I would much rather live in a country with strict gun controls than the wild west america seems to like
When do you leave?

I smell a post-hoc fallacy here.

Do the parents of the Sandy Hook massacre know that?

They know it as well as the parents of every victim of a drunk or leadfoot driver, about whom you life-saving heroes can't be bothered to even whisper while ranting nonstop about guns.

Day 80, another day of whining about gun laws while totally ignoring the much bigger problems caused by our lack of strict driving and alcohol laws. Double standard, personified.

Wait.
You think the exercise of the right to keep and bear arms includes the right to commit murder?
Why?

Wait.
You think the exercise of the right to keep and bear arms includes the right to commit murder?
Why?

For the same reason any poorly regulated potentially hazardous equipment does.

Do you think the freedom to speed or drive drunk includes the right to commit murder?

No? Why not wait until the murder happens before any additional such oppressive regulations? Murder is already illegal. Enforce that first before coming up with all sorts of additional regulations, right?

For the same reason any poorly regulated potentially hazardous equipment does.
Allow me to educate you:
The exercise of the right to keep and bear arms does not include the right to murder someone., just as the right to free speech does not include the right to slander someone and the right to the free exercise of religion doe snot include the right to sacrifice someone.
Thus, the murder of the 20 people at Sandyhook has nothing to do with the exercise of the right to keep and bear arms.

Last edited:
Can you point out where the right to kill school children was exercised?

Where does “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” appear in the Constitution?
If it's not in the constitution does that mean it's not valid?

"Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness" is a phrase from the United States Declaration of Independence. The phrase appears in Thomas Jefferson's declaration that "all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness".

Who's law should be followed, god's law or man's law? The gop puts so much importance on god and not offending the entity, why does the phrase seem to not be as important as your gun rights? God will be pissed.

"Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness" is a phrase from the United States Declaration of Independence. The phrase appears in Thomas Jefferson's declaration that "all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness".

Who's law should be followed, god's law or man's law? The gop puts so much importance on god and not offending the entity, why does the phrase seem to not be as important as your gun rights? God will be pissed.
The point being that the Declaration of Independence is not a document that defines the government of the United States of America. Therefore, the rights to “life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness” are not protected in law.

In contrast, the 2A does protect the right of the people to keep and bear arms from government infringement. Said arms allow me to protect my life if necessary, my liberty as required, and I pursue a lot of happiness at the range.

It may come as a surprise to you, but many self-described Democrats reject extreme gun control, and embrace their 2nd Amendment rights.

The exercise of the right to keep and bear arms does not affect your rights, listed above.
Unless I get shot by a used to be responsible gun owner.
The point being that the Declaration of Independence is not a document that defines the government of the United States of America. Therefore, the rights to “life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness” are not protected in law.

In contrast, the 2A does protect the right of the people to keep and bear arms from government infringement. Said arms allow me to protect my life if necessary, my liberty as required, and I pursue a lot of happiness at the range.
I'm happy for you, keep it at the range or when hunting, not hunting people.

It may come as a surprise to you, but many self-described Democrats reject extreme gun control, and embrace their 2nd Amendment rights.
Oh come on, extreme gun control you say, like bump stocks? What purpose does a bump stock serve?

Back
Top Bottom