• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day 11 testimony (Tuesday7/9)

Anything can happen, I just don't see it. On the way home today I was listening to CNN on Sirius, and they were doing a story... Basically the black preachers around Florida watching the trial to follow the evidence have begun to gently nudge their parishioners to realize a not guilty verdict is likely and to help prepare them to hopefully prevent rioting. I guess the state or county (not positive which) have even begun airing PSA's to help prevent rioting.

I just saw that as well. It wasn't just black preachers, though.

I just saw that as well. It wasn't just black preachers, though.

Oh, I was listening on the radio, so I didn't get pictures. I had assumed it was black preachers. I know the one was anyway. Thanks for the clarification.

They're still in court? What's going on?

SOme type of hearing on texts TM had sent regarding fighting and wanting to acquire a gun. Guess the defense is asking it to be divulged to the jury.

They're still in court? What's going on?

Proffer testimony. The lawyers are arguing whether or not certain evidence can be admitted. So far they've talked about the defense video animation and evidence from Trayvon's cell phone. I think they also have to cover whether or not Donnely's testimony will be stricken or not.

Did Judge Nelson rule on the animation yet?

Did Judge Nelson rule on the animation yet?

That part I saw, she was delaying ruling until later. I'm torn on it, but it was kind of sounding like she was leaning to letting it in with some strong warnings to the jury.

Defense is still working on getting texts to be submitted.

That part I saw, she was delaying ruling until later. I'm torn on it, but it was kind of sounding like she was leaning to letting it in with some strong warnings to the jury.

She really has to think about it because if he's convicted, that could be the one thing (if she doesn't allow it) that will get them an appeal.

OK, I know this is a personal aside, but I'm starting to feel like claiming a cummulative trauma syndrome injury from being forced to listen to Mr West multiple times.

Hmmmm sounds like the state is using the "it depends on what your definition of is is" argument when the attorney argues "we don't know if these words including fight are code words for something completely different".

A bit odd he used "andre the giant" and "a little girl" in the same sentence as contrasts.

West is sooooo hard headed. He's a slow learner. Has he NOT learned already Judge Nelson is "no nonsense".

Man! West is just plain blowing up right now!!

WOW!!!! I thot the "Fourth of July" was five days ago! O'Mara needs to relieve West of his duties. Someone needs to give Judge Nelson a sedative. Tomorrow morning at eight am will be VERY VERY interesting.

Talk about fireworks!! I believe that ENTIRE exchange will be dissected in legal lectures for decades!

Did Judge Nelson even engage inn "tit for tat" with immediately going to the "Donnelly" breaking sequestration? and "for the SECOND TIME TODAY I've heard defense witnesses have BROKEN the sequestration". Yikes!! NOT good conduct for a Judge.

WOW!!!! I thot the "Fourth of July" was five days ago! O'Mara needs to relieve West of his duties. Someone needs to give Judge Nelson a sedative. Tomorrow morning at eight am will be VERY VERY interesting.

Are the continuing arguments on the texts tomorrow, or will it just be her decision?

Wow!

Judge just recessed for the night and wants to get to the Donnely issue at 8:00. Both West and O'Mara are arguing that this gives them no time to get witnesses together and she just walked out. The cherry on the sundae is that it looks like she is disinclined to allow the text message testimony because they can't "prove" that somebody other than Trayvon created the texts (even though they were created through a password protected app on a password protected phone) and the only proof she'll accept is the author's testimony that he created the texts. That's going to be a tough nut since Trayvon is dead!!!!

Are the continuing arguments on the texts tomorrow, or will it just be her decision?

I just read at another site there are two sequestration violations? Other then Donnelly, is there another one?

She made a dismissive comment about rendering her ruling on the text messages in the morning. I can't imagine she's going to allow them based on her demeanor. She also indicated the "Donnelly" issue will be front and center at eight am.

O'Mara had to wave West off. Not good, NOT good at all. West was talking at her back as she was walking out, "your Honor I cannot go at this pace anymore"...............

I just read at another site there are two sequestration violations? Other then Donnelly, is there another one?

According to Judge Nelson's own words.....apparently there are two.

Apparently John Good was consulted about the animation during his sequestration

Ladies and Gentlemen, that's a wrap for today. Tune in tomorrow for the next episode of..........."Disorder in the Court".

Last edited:
Apparently John Good was consulted about the animation during his sequestration

I read it was Demaio talking to the video creation guy. Shrug. Guess, well find out tomorrow.

BTW:

https://twitter.com/RichardHornsby

For those listening, Don West's comments about physically unable to proceed are grounds for reversal.

Richard Hornsby ‏@RichardHornsby 1h
In my First Degree Murder trial last week, State digital forensic expert found deleted texts that sunk my case (jury returned Manslaughter).

Back
Top Bottom