• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DADT cloture passes

I think our men and women in uniform can handle the passing of this historic legislation.. they have been through years and years of war for ****s sake

I think that the love, effection, respect and confidence that most Liberals have in our service members is very selective and certainly conditional.

Most Liberals that hail our armed service members as the smartest, most professional military force in history are the same ones that were calling them murderers and war criminals, just a few short years ago.

they have been through years and years of war for ****s sake

I reckon the wars weren't for naught, afterall. Eh?

P.S. ever notice how Libbos like to apply, "historic", to everything that Obama has his cabbage collectors in?

Last edited:

That is an absurd generalization.

It'll go away as seperate billets are built and assignments made. Or, because local commands insititute their own versions of DADT.

That is an absurd generalization.

But, it's true, I'm sure.

Notice I said, "most". Redress doesn't fall into that catagory, but she's the exception, not the rule.

Whatcha' wanna bet that every single Liberal that responds to that post says the same thing, "uh, uh, I didn't do that!". To be followed up with, "yooz a racist", or, "yooz a homophobe", or, well, you get the picture.

Last edited:
It'll go away as seperate billets are built and assignments made. Or, because local commands insititute their own versions of DADT.

You assume the commanders will want to go along with that, I certainly won't recommend it to my CO if any of my Soldiers have a problem billeting with a gay Soldier. Why? Because I have to trust my Soldiers to be able to perform every duty required of them with their fellow Soldiers. Having to seperate Soldiers for those reasons, outside of Army policy required seperation like gender seperation, will only add another layer of complexity to the mission, and quite frankly I'm far more in favor of forcing those Soldiers to adapt or get out. The same way the Army forced Soldiers with problems against those of another race to adapt or get out. But at NO TIME will I punish or have another Soldier go out of his way, one who has not violated any Army policy or done anything to warrent that punish, to bear an additional burden for a Soldier who cannot operate within the required standards of an Army Soldier. Those standards being in this case tolerance for differences among Soldiers, and respect for fellow Soldiers.

As for establishing their own verisons of DADT, you should know that is impossible because no commander can create a command policy in direct conflict with Army policy. And you assume again they will have the resources required to seperate their Soldiers.

And your generalization is still just as absurd, calling someone, you specifically, a racist or homophobe is not akin to believing all Soldiers are war criminals or murderers.

What rank are you? or, rather, what's your future former rank?

The first time one of your soldiers stands tall, starts quoting AR600-20 and calls his congress critter, telling about how his/her rights are being violated, you'll let that soldier billet damn near anywhere that he/she wants to. You'll let that soldier sleep on your livingroom couch, if it keeps that congressman from crawling up your ass and building a nest there. That's if the congressman is a Democrat; you better pray to God that that soldier doesn't have a congressman that was elected on the tea party vote.

Creating a version of DADT that doesn't punish sexual orientation, but forbids discussing sexual orientation wouldn't be in conflict with DoD policy. Cancelling social functions, indefinitely, or barring significant others from social functions wouldn't be in conflict, either. Lots-a-leeway for commanders, when it comes to interpretation of the regulations.

And your generalization is still just as absurd, calling someone, you specifically, a racist or homophobe is not akin to believing all Soldiers are war criminals or murderers.

Are you calling me a homophobe, or a racist, or both?

Last edited:

I am a 2LT. And as a PL if a Soldier outright refuses to be billeted with a gay Soldier he'll receive a counseling statement when I am soonest able to. And if he wishes to make a UCMJ issue out of it, I'll be sure to bring my PSG in for his opinion as well as inform the CO who will probably for command and Army policy reasons address the issue personally. However I'm aware that forcing the issue on the spot may cause additional problems and until I can deal with the issue better accommodations will be made. Now I'm not as familiar with AR 600-20 as I'd like to be admittedly, and no post DADT regulations have been written or at least released yet, but I will become as familiar as I can. For example I know chapter 4-19 on homosexual policy will be amended if not completely removed.

As for a Congressmen, well thats a little out of my pay grade to be worrying about what some Congressmen thinks of my day to day actions. And frankly I've never heard or seen of a junior officer creating an incident that led to Congressional involvement.

I hope you enjoyed your time in the Army, El-tee. You won't be there long.

Last edited:
Why not? Because it's something you don't agree with?

Sounds to me like you're selling our service members short and saying that they're not professional enough to look past a person's personal beliefs and soldier on.

I explained, in detail, why exactly they aren't professional. How about you try to refute the post instead of trying to attack me?

You seem to be making a lot of assumptions here, but have given absolutely zero evidence to back them up.

And constantly bringing up AR600-20 doesn't mean squat. First of all, the soldier would have to be absolutely familiar with it to even suggest it. Second, most people do not interpret that to mean that men or women should have separate berthings/showers based on their sexuality. In fact, it is not likely that any in the upper chain of command do so, since none of them have even mentioned this article. And many on here have told you that it really doesn't apply, since you would have to make the case that it is very likely that two men of differing sexualities are likely to cause one of them to face sexual harassment issues if they live together much more often than if they just work together. You can interpret that policy how ever you wish, but you nor any enlisted soldier would be the ones who get to decide how that policy applies in cases of sexuality, that would be up to those who are actually in charge of making and ensuring that military/Army policies are enforced/followed correctly.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…