• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Current TV Series You'd Like To Recommend

Fantastic writing. One of the better written series is some time.
I will warn you, episode 4 is a "back story" episode that is a bit disturbing, and not within the flow of the rest of the episodes.
Episode 5 returns back to the story.
It is a psychological drama, that is written in the style of a comedy... which is odd, but really works.
I really can't say anything bad about it.

Oh... thanks!.... this looks good.
We really like Toby Jones, he is good in everything

Edit - Oh FFS!!... it is on Prime... so of course only the first episode is free, after that they want you to pay for it - and watch commercials.
Amazon Prime - the worst streaming channel in the world.!!
:mad:
LOL people get Amazon Prime not for the channel, but for the other stuff like shopping perks. :LOL:

Fantastic writing. One of the better written series is some time.
I will warn you, episode 4 is a "back story" episode that is a bit disturbing, and not within the flow of the rest of the episodes.
Episode 5 returns back to the story.
It is a psychological drama, that is written in the style of a comedy... which is odd, but really works.
I really can't say anything bad about it.

I queued that one. It is based on a personal experience, IIRC.

Baby Reindeer is a fantastic watch. Its about a Scottish comedian who is aggressively stalked by a middle aged woman for years and she basically infects every aspect of his life. Its written by and stars the comedian who lived through it and the emails/texts you see on the show are the actual messages he received.

Anybody try the Lazarus Project? We're on episode 3 and it's pretty good. It's a hard sci-fi time travel show. I say it's "hard sci fi" because it does an extremely deep dive into the ramifications of time travel and time loops, and it does it in a way I've never seen before. If you ever watched Groundhog Day and thought, "I'll bet I could have fun with that," the Lazarus Project will disabuse you of that notion. Then it will sleep with your wife, shoot your dog, get you fired from your job, and call the IRS and tell them you've been cheating on your taxes. Point is, if you find a Genie and you're granted one wish, don't wish to be in Groundhog Day.

Anyway, we're liking it a lot so far, even though we know it can't be that good or it wouldn't have been canceled after the second season, but YOLO.

Anybody try the Lazarus Project? We're on episode 3 and it's pretty good. It's a hard sci-fi time travel show. I say it's "hard sci fi" because it does an extremely deep dive into the ramifications of time travel and time loops, and it does it in a way I've never seen before. If you ever watched Groundhog Day and thought, "I'll bet I could have fun with that," the Lazarus Project will disabuse you of that notion. Then it will sleep with your wife, shoot your dog, get you fired from your job, and call the IRS and tell them you've been cheating on your taxes. Point is, if you find a Genie and you're granted one wish, don't wish to be in Groundhog Day.

Anyway, we're liking it a lot so far, even though we know it can't be that good or it wouldn't have been canceled after the second season, but YOLO.
Did you ever finish the Gentlemen? If so, should I give it another go?

Reactions: PoS
Did you ever finish the Gentlemen? If so, should I give it another go?

It just wasn’t our thing. It was like every episode was “Oh boy, what wackiness are these guys gonna get in today??” And that’s absolutely cool because that’s a totally legit type of entertainment, but it’s not our thing. Or maybe I just didn’t need a Weeds Meets Snatch thing either.

Finished Fallout. I thought it was an excellent tragi-comedic, gonzo romp. Great cast. Great writing. Great characters. I hope the second season matches it.

It just wasn’t our thing. It was like every episode was “Oh boy, what wackiness are these guys gonna get in today??” And that’s absolutely cool because that’s a totally legit type of entertainment, but it’s not our thing. Or maybe I just didn’t need a Weeds Meets Snatch thing either.
I watched about 3 episodes of The Gentlemen before I gave up. I agree with your points. If youve seen one Guy Ritchie show youve seen them all. The whole thing was moderately predictable in which somebody always screws up or there was some kind of reversal to their schemes so the episode could be prolonged. Even the plot was lifted off that Matthew McCaunaghey movie.

Now I've switched to Shogun, and its drawing me in. First episode is intriguing.

I started watching Black Sails on Netflix and walked away.

Reactions: PoS
I started watching Black Sails on Netflix and walked away.
LOL I liked that one. The first season is very slow though, until the final episode. The series doesnt hit its stride until Season 2.

Back
Top Bottom