• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Curly hair' becomes code for gay in Florida high school grad speech after senior says he was censored

beefheart

Ice Cream for Crow?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Great job. This guy has a good future ahead of him.

During a graduation ceremony Sunday, Zander Moricz spoke about his experiences and activism as the first openly gay class president of Pine View School in Osprey, Florida, but in his commencement address, he never said he was gay. Instead, he used his curly hair as a euphemism for his sexual orientation.

Earlier this month, the 18-year-old Pine View class president had publicized his feud with the school administration on Twitter over his graduation speech, saying the school's principal, Stephen Covert, had called Moricz into his office to warn him the administration would cut off his microphone if he mentioned his activism. His tweet thread accumulated hundreds of thousands of likes and shares.

During a graduation ceremony Sunday, Zander Moricz spoke about his experiences and activism as the first openly gay class president of Pine View School in Osprey, Florida, but in his commencement address, he never said he was gay. Instead, he used his curly hair as a euphemism for his sexual orientation.

Earlier this month, the 18-year-old Pine View class president had publicized his feud with the school administration on Twitter over his graduation speech, saying the school's principal, Stephen Covert, had called Moricz into his office to warn him the administration would cut off his microphone if he mentioned his activism. His tweet thread accumulated hundreds of thousands of likes and shares.

Remember, righties are all about free speech.

Until they're not.

What did he do?

That interesting...short curly's is code for pubic hair.

Listen to the speech, understand the analogy, appreciate the thought process.

An OP has an obligation to offer a brief synopsis. Then, if interested i look at links provided for something more in depth.

I have little tolerance for such lazy posting.

An OP has an obligation to offer a brief synopsis. Then, if interested i look at links provided for something more in depth.

Obligation? Do you have a source for that?

Just move on if it's too much effort.

I understood it. The kid was told not to mention his gay activism so he used the term curly hair as a euphemism.

😄 Love it!

If you start a thread it comes with some basic obligations.

Even a sentence or two can be enough.
I started the thread.

I even linked to the article which you didn't read.

I then copied and pasted the first few sentences.

Other posters figured it out.

RTFA

I have no tolerance for lazy readers who didn't read my post, didn't click on the article, and then bitched because they couldn't understand it.

I understood it. The kid was told not to mention his gay activism so he used the term curly hair as a euphemism.
In Florida, he was not allowed to say "Gay" they would have cut off his microphone....

Very simple to understand, we all got it! :)

I started the thread.

I even linked to the article which you didn't read.

I then copied and pasted the first few sentences.

Other posters figured it out.

RTFA

I have no tolerance for lazy readers who didn't read my post, didn't click on the article, and then bitched because they couldn't understand it.

This is a message board . I have a news feed already. I dont need you for a news feed.
I come here for discussion.

This is a message board . I have a news feed already. I dont need you for a news feed.
I posted the link to the article.

After that that, I copied and pasted the following:

Exactly what didn't you understand of that? Did you even read that part?

I gave you everything you needed to know in the first post, and, if you weren't lazy, you could have clicked the link.

And, if you decided to do one more micro ounce of work on your part, you could have watched the video.

But, no, you would rather not read it, then bitch about what you didn't read, because you don't understand it.......because you didn't read it.

You want a discussion? OK, you are answering in this thread......discuss it.

Gee, are you a brain surgeon or rocket scientist in real life? Because, wow, understanding that OP is DIFFICULT. /s

Yet, from what I have seen you rarely discuss anything. You just complain complain complain and brag.

I posted the link to the article.

After that that, I copied and pasted the following:

Exactly what didn't you understand of that? Did you even read that part?

I gave you everything you needed to know in the first post, and, if you weren't lazy, you could have clicked the link.

And, if you decided to do one more micro ounce of work on your part, you could have watched the video.

But, no, you would rather not read it, then bitch about what you didn't read, because you don't understand it.......because you didn't read it.

You want a discussion? OK, you are answering in this thread......discuss it.

In your words, just a few, what's it about?

Thanks

If that kid had got up there and prayed you would have thrown a hissy fit.
If it was a public school, it would have been out of place, right?

But, he didn't get up there and pray, and now you are having a hissy fit.:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom