• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cuomo blames federal tax law for $2.3 billion New York state budget deficit

Your #443 merely indicates you have no idea what the Civil War was about.

This is not an argument.

Apparently, it is you who is not aware of the US history and of the southerns' argument that their state policies regarding equality and fairness should not be a concern of the federal government . This argument has been rejected legally and politically in the US. So, the fact that you try now to repeat their argument shows that you have no reasonable political or or legal basis to support your views.

You like it or not, when you start preaching us about equality and "fairness' regarding the federal tax law and try to link these concepts to "all men are created equal" YOU DO bring into the conversation the state tax policies too! The fact that you do not want to talk about these state policies makes you part of the Southern plantation owners' group since you share with them the same rationale. Enjoy the company!

Last edited:
This is not an argument.

Apparently, it is you who is not aware of the US history and of the southerns' argument that their state policies regarding equality and fairness should not be a concern of the federal government . This argument has been rejected legally and politically in the US. So, the fact that you try now to repeat their argument shows that you have no reasonable political or or legal basis to support your views.

You like it or not, when you start preaching us about equality and "fairness' regarding the federal tax law and try to link these concepts to "all men are created equal" YOU DO bring into the conversation the state tax policies too! The fact that you do not want to talk about these state policies makes you part of the Southern plantation owners' group since you share with them the same rationale. Enjoy the company!

In fact, at the outset of the Civil War Lincoln said he would be happy to leave slavery alone to preserve the Union. It was only later, after war had hardened opinions, that abolition became a northern war aim.

The SALT deduction cap is a victory for equality and fairness, against the special interest advantage you are defending.

In fact, at the outset of the Civil War Lincoln said he would be happy to leave slavery alone to preserve the Union. It was only later, after war had hardened opinions, that abolition became a northern war aim.

The SALT deduction cap is a victory for equality and fairness, against the special interest advantage you are defending.

Your point about Lincoln before the war provides nothing to support your point. The Constitution before the war saw the blacks being as 3/5 of a human. So, your whole argument about equality and fairness should be about the interpretation of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence after the war.

Your supposedly accusations that I defend my interest is also a weak argument since you also defend your interests. This is why as a retiree you are not interested in talking about state taxes for the education to educate kids. So, everybody is making a case for his interest. The argument is which types of interests are more aligned with the concept of fairness and equality. I do not see any fairness in the interests of retirees like you who on one hand have contributed the most in increasing the federal deficit, and on the other hand try to promote the argument that it is not part of the discussion about "fairness" to talk about the state funding of education to help the younger generations to compete in the modern economy. This position is even more appalling when older generations (and I include mine even though I am most probably younger than you) expect the younger generations to bear the weight of the debt that we have mostly created.

Your point about Lincoln before the war provides nothing to support your point. The Constitution before the war saw the blacks being as 3/5 of a human. So, your whole argument about equality and fairness should be about the interpretation of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence after the war.

Your supposedly accusations that I defend my interest is also a weak argument since you also defend your interests. This is why as a retiree you are not interested in talking about state taxes for the education to educate kids. So, everybody is making a case for his interest. The argument is which types of interests are more aligned with the concept of fairness and equality. I do not see any fairness in the interests of retirees like you who on one hand have contributed the most in increasing the federal deficit, and on the other hand try to promote the argument that it is not part of the discussion about "fairness" to talk about the state funding of education to help the younger generations to compete in the modern economy. This position is even more appalling when older generations (and I include mine even though I am most probably younger than you) expect the younger generations to bear the weight of the debt that we have mostly created.

It proves you don't know what you're talking about in US history.
Stop whining.
You're still defending a special interest against equality.

It proves you don't know what you're talking about in US history.
Stop whining.
You're still defending a special interest against equality.

Every time you make statements, I will remind you that these are not arguments.
I do not respond to statements because I do not care about what you think. I only care about exposing the irrationality of your arguments to justify what you think.

Every time you make statements, I will remind you that these are not arguments.
I do not respond to statements because I do not care about what you think. I only care about exposing the irrationality of your arguments to justify what you think.

Truth is never irrational.
And the only thing you've exposed is your commitment to defending a special interest.

Truth is never irrational.
And the only thing you've exposed is your commitment to defending a special interest.

This is not an argument.

The first sentence is truism (a statement that is obviously true and says nothing new or interesting.)

The second sentence is another statement about what you think regarding me.

Until you come back with an argument , there is no reason for me to continue

:2wave:

This is not an argument.

The first sentence is truism (a statement that is obviously true and says nothing new or interesting.)

The second sentence is another statement about what you think regarding me.

Until you come back with an argument , there is no reason for me to continue

:2wave:

Best news I've had all day.

Back
Top Bottom