• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Critique of Mathematically Perfected Economy

Post-Autistic or Axiomatic Economics?

the strange option of Marxism

Khayembii Communique is an avowed Marxist. Ask him if I have badly described the Marxist position. My poll originally had only five options, but I added the Marxist choice after this exchange with Khayembii:

Property relations change, thereby making the laws of ecomonics (i.e. bourgeois economics) obsolete, as they were in the past and as they will be in the future.

Economics IS property relations. To claim that the same economic laws have governed human society since the first homo-sapien-sapiens gathered together is simply laughable, and I can't even take that seriously.

As I have already said, I can't take anyone seriously that thinks that economics of every single human society on the planet is maintained by the exact same laws throughout all time.

"Economics is property relations," quoth Khayembii the Marxist. Khayembii likes me not at all, but I do not believe that he would have any problem with checking the Marxist option in my poll.

Any comment, Khayembii Communique?

Take the poll at http://www.debatepolitics.com/economics/44239-post-autistic-axiomatic-economics.html

I'm not talking about determinism; this is yet another soldier in your army of straw men. This is why I always get bored so quickly when talking with people like you about this.

Incorrect, Marx spent most of his theoretical analysis on criticizing capitalism from a biased standpoint

But if it is economic reality that must be the criterion of the ideal, then it is comprehensible that a moral criterion for the ideal is unsatisfactory, not because the moral feelings of men deserve indifference or contempt, but because these feelings are not enough to show us the right way of serving the interests of our neighbour. It is not enough for the doctor to sympathize with the condition of his patient: he has to reckon with the physical reality of the organism, to start from it in fighting it. If the doctor were to think of confining himself to moral indignation against the disease, he would deserve the most malicious ridicule.
-G.I. Plekhanov

Back
Top Bottom