• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Covid, Covid, Covid, Covid.' By the way, on November 4, you won't hear about it anymore,"

Well, what they've stated is they have not received funding from Operation Warp Speed to develop or manufacture the vaccine. I suspect a part of that is to avoid the cloud of skepticism some have with the political motivations to announce a vaccine. Which benefits are your referring to?
I believe they did not get up front funding for the development, but the government prepurchased millions of vaccines.
So the drug company got paid in advance for product. My guess is that they would retain the money if the product was not chosen or as effective as needed. So yes, they were helped on some level by warp speed.

I believe they did not get up front funding for the development, but the government prepurchased millions of vaccines.
So the drug company got paid in advance for product. My guess is that they would retain the money if the product was not chosen or as effective as needed. So yes, they were helped on some level by warp speed.

Do you know what customers who purchase something that they don't know what it is and if it is not what they want cannot get their money back if they end up not wanting it are known as?

suckers.JPG

The use of expeditious federal approval and thre committment to purchase successful vaccine doses is a product of Warp Speed and a great benefit to prospective vaccine developers. Simply saying they didn't receive money up front for their effort doesn't mean they haven't substantially benefitted through the means above.

To say that "they MIGHT benefit" and "they HAVE benefited" mean the same thing is sort of reaching, isn't it?

To say that "they MIGHT benefit" and "they HAVE benefited" mean the same thing is sort of reaching, isn't it?

There is no doubt they have benefitted. There is no "might", and therefore no "reach".

I should also mention that if BioNTech was capable of conducting trials and actually producing this vaccine, Pfizer wouldn't be involved. Developing a possible vaccine is not the same thing as going through all that's required to bring one to the public.

There is no doubt they have benefitted. There is no "might", and therefore no "reach".

I should also mention that if BioNTech was capable of conducting trials and actually producing this vaccine, Pfizer wouldn't be involved. Developing a possible vaccine is not the same thing as going through all that's required to bring one to the public.

BioNTech didn't "benefit" from "Operation Warp Speed", did it?

Without BioNTech, Pfizer wouldn't have any role to play in "The Great Donald Trump 'I Have A Secret Vaccine and I Won't Tell You How I'm Going To Distribute It' Game",

BioNTech didn't "benefit" from "Operation Warp Speed", did it?

Without BioNTech, Pfizer wouldn't have any role to play in "The Great Donald Trump 'I Have A Secret Vaccine and I Won't Tell You How I'm Going To Distribute It' Game",

Sure they did, by way of Pfizer. Pfizer has the clinical, financial, and manufacturing apparatus BioNTech lacks, and Pfizer clearly has benefitted from accelerated approval and guaranteed orders of the vaccine.

Sure they did, by way of Pfizer. Pfizer has the clinical, financial, and manufacturing apparatus BioNTech lacks, and Pfizer clearly has benefitted from accelerated approval and guaranteed orders of the vaccine.
Pfizer wasn't at all involved in BioNTech until AFTER they had a potential vaccine.

Your position is like saying that the person who supplied the beer for the post-game party was responsible for the winning touchdown.

Pfizer wasn't at all involved in BioNTech until AFTER they had a potential vaccine.

Your position is like saying that the person who supplied the beer for the post-game party was responsible for the winning touchdown.

BioNTech was going to have a partner out of neccessity, regardless of who it would be. Pfizer had guarantees, and a willingness to provide what BioNTech lacked. It's simple enough. Beer has nothing to do with it. It's smart business. Pfizer clearly benefitted from the accelerated program and guarantees here, and so did BioNTech, indirectly. They can claim otherwise, but the facts speak differently.

Wishing the best for your brother in law and family, I feel for you and agree, Trump is a lowly piece of shit, glad he's on his way out.

Brother in law is finally going home, but will be on oxygen for the foreseeable future. Daughter still can't smell or taste. Grandson has limited taste and smell, but otherwise they are doing better everyday. Thanks!

Brother in law is finally going home, but will be on oxygen for the foreseeable future. Daughter still can't smell or taste. Grandson has limited taste and smell, but otherwise they are doing better everyday. Thanks!
Thank you for the update @TrumpVirus 2020, good to know that your brother in law is going home, but having to be on oxygen is very unfortunate. Good that your daughter and grandson are doing better, it's a shame they all had to go through this. Take care.

BioNTech was going to have a partner out of neccessity, regardless of who it would be. Pfizer had guarantees, and a willingness to provide what BioNTech lacked. It's simple enough. Beer has nothing to do with it. It's smart business. Pfizer clearly benefitted from the accelerated program and guarantees here, and so did BioNTech, indirectly. They can claim otherwise, but the facts speak differently.

Indeed, and since the guarantees were given by the government of the United States of America, then both Pfizer and BIONtech "benefited" from the American Revolution. They also "benefited" from the War of 1812, WWI, WWII, the Korean War, and the Cold War.

It really depends on how far you want to stretch credulity in order to give Mr. Trump praise for something that he didn't actually do.

Donald Junior has the has tested positive for Covid. The virus disappearing my ass.

Indeed, and since the guarantees were given by the government of the United States of America, then both Pfizer and BIONtech "benefited" from the American Revolution. They also "benefited" from the War of 1812, WWI, WWII, the Korean War, and the Cold War.

It really depends on how far you want to stretch credulity in order to give Mr. Trump praise for something that he didn't actually do.

I'm not interested in delivering undeserved praise to Trump. Warp Speed has been the result of work done by many people. I'm also not interested in claims by companies like Pfizer asserting they received no benefit from the expeditious manner in which these vaccines have moved from the lab, through trials, and into the public. Clearly they have benefitted.

Back
Top Bottom