• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cost of War, in Real Time!

Yes, because we all know that forcing prisoners to make human pyramids, wear woman's panties on their heads and blaring loud music to induce sleep deprivation equates to sawing off innocent people's head's with a buoy knife right?

Some of you people are really out of touch with reality or are simply disingenuous. Let me just say I condemn all acts of torture, and what occurred at Abu Ghraib was reprehensible but 12 bad apples doesn't speak for the US military as a whole. Second, I can't stand Limbaugh or any other liberal or conservative talking heads for that matter, but if you can't keep this in perspective than I feel sorry for you, but Abu Ghraib was nothing compared to what these Islamic fanatics do to our people and their own.

ILikeDubyah said:
Actually, I'm even more glad my money is going to the defense of this country, after seeing that website.
I don't want to see my money to go for free housing, I have to pay for my housing, and what happens to government funded housing areas.....I.E. Cabrini Green in Chicago....yeah, we should build more of those!
Free College education through scholarships? Don't think so. I had to work for mine...it builds character.
Free health insurance....maybe for children, but once someone's 18 & can get a job, they can get their own insurance.
Pre-school is un-necessary.
I Don't think the government should be responsible for taking care of AIDS.
Immunizations are the responsibility of the country in which you reside.

if the government doesnt take care of the aids epidemic then who will

Originally posted by ShamMol:
Do you mean without raising taxes like we usually do to finance a war...like George's father did after the war to help pay for the costs? Honestly, it isn't the point-the point is that it doesn't matter the cost of the war because we are over there and quarrelling about the cost of it will likely result in cost-cutting measure like happened in the 90's by both sides which would not be beneficial to our troops who need our support
What the hell are you talking about? We shouldn't even be there in the first place. I'm not going to support an illegal war. Now go party with your buddie cnredd!

Back
Top Bottom