• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Convert me!!!

Doughgirl.....I really question when I hear people say they converted to their fiancés religion in order to get married (especially if they were Christian to begin with) What…? they loved Christ for years then all of a sudden dumped Him for some other religion just in order to get married? They obviously never had a heart relationship…..only a "head relationship".

Good A.M. to ya!!
Yes, you are correct. I don't know how they do it unless it never was REAL. I'd change the guy before I'd reject my LORD. I am sure if they were to wait for HIM to bring the right one...who knows, maybe He would ...and maybe they weren't to have one, but do something else for Him??
I dont know but I do know a few who have done it and each one is miserable for a number of reasons.
I dont even know what to say to ease their pain...except, get back on your knees.

Doughgirl...We just had a discussion about that today. How many people find it fashionable to wear crosses and aren’t Christian at all? Big gaudy diamond studded crosses.

I have a few crosses but I have not been wearing them for a very long time...some of it is just because of what you said. and the other reason is I don't want that piece of jewelry to announce who I am...I want my actions and demeanor to speak for me. and also because The Cross,the symbol should not be taken so lighty as to be JUST a piece of jewelry
and that is how the world is viewing it.
I can't help but be reminded that I am IN the world, NOT part of the world. and that the wearing of a cross does not change me. and often the wearing of one shuts the door before I even get my foot in!!!
you are right, the oddest people sport them...the bigger, the gaudier...
stumps me...if they are using it to mock us....why do they even get so involved with us to even mock us???? Why don't they just leave us alone???
I leave them alone. I'm not threatened or offended by what they might think or say about me or our LORD....His shoulders are bigger than mine and He took it...so can I.
The truth...the ones that have baffled me most often are those claiming to be Christians...I can understand the worlds actions much easier.....but I have had to learn to discern babes from crawler, and crawlers from walkers, and walkers from runners, and runners from those who FLY!!

DOUGHGIRL....Well I used to read the Bible too (before I was saved) and felt I had a good grasp of both the Old and New Testaments. It however means something totally different after the Holy Spirit changes you. I read it now……WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT TO GUIDE ME.

AMEN,Sister!!!
I'm having a terrific time!!! and my spirit makes witness of you and Apostle13 also!!!
GOD Bless you IN JESUS Name,
ColaBear

ColaBear said:
Good Monday to you!

Right back at ya.:2razz:

Yes, The Triune God did....don't forget that the Triune God also includes The Son...He CHOSE to endure.

Might be, but during the crucifixation, the carpenter had a change of heart.

Certainly I know others have died in like manner but NONE claimed they would RISE from the dead. ONLY Jesus Christ.

That's false. Osiris did, Mithras did,Adonis did, and Tammuz and Dyonesuis also did. I ask you why you believe the carpenter's, but not theirs?

That would certainly make Him God in my books even if I had to just learn of Him.

One could say the same for any of the above.

If Christianity did Not have the Cross then it would be just like all the other religions in the world....there would be no need to cling to the Cross because it would only be a symbol, nothing more.

News flash: It already is like the other religions. All of them claim the truth, yet fail to deliver. I have encountered Muslims arguing like you for Islam, why is Christianity the right religion, because it shows off a beaten man on a cross?

The Bible also states...I am a jealous God...thus emotion.

Is that supposed to prove that he's perfect? I became an athiest after reading through the bible. As I got farther through it, I realized Christianity is nonsense. If the bible is not supposed to be taken literally, then I'd say it's morals condone and encourage slave owning, slave and women beating, rape, and numerous other dasterldy deeds. I think it is quite mind-boggling where Christians get their eminent view of the way a Christian should act. Christians desperately want a God of love, but when they are confronted with their monsterous diety in their holy book, they usually utterly spout "out of context" and such.

Why would you think He has no emotion...don't you think he weeps when of His children strays or when Christ is deliberately rejected?? I do. that does not make Him NOT God.

Actually, why call him God if he is imperfect? If he knows everything that ever was and ever will be, he cannot show emotions. The dictionary defines an emotion as a mental state that arises spontaneously rather than through conscious effort and is often accompanied by physiological changes; a feeling: the emotions of joy, sorrow, reverence, hate, and love. It is impossible to show an emotion, if he knows everything that's gonna go down. The fact that it is spontaneous shows that it's unexpected. That rules out omniscience, hence an omnipotent, omniscient God cannot exist. But if he is all knowing, he has the knowledge of every single choice we will make, and we cannot make any other decision other, hence not free will. Of course he doesn't force us, that's where there is an illusion of free will. The OT God was a deeply flawed diety with all the good and bad characteristics of humans, he was bloodthirsty and vengeful, and the Jews often disagreed with him. But for some reason, he had chosen them to be "his chosen people", and he set rules which they were expected to obey. For breaking them, they were made to suffer. After reading through his torments he inflicts upon Jews and non-believer's alike, how can one call him loving?

You have much head knowledge and opinions about Christianity, but no heart/soul/personal knowledge.

Yea, that all exited as I became a non-believer. O, and by the way, thanks for the compliment. It means alot coming from a Christian.

( It would seem illogical to believe as i do, I know, but THAT is when Faith steps in....
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."Hebrews 11:1

Actually, faith denotes blind trust, no observational evidence needed. Everyday you do not rely on "blind faith", you require proof. The same with Paul and the Disciples. Even with little knowledge of the sky fortress, Christians continue to make sacrifices in order to reach it. (Not literally of course.) But of the eternal torture chamber put together by God, Jesus is well-versed. He regulary tells of the weeping and wailing and teeth-knashing of all those that deny him. He calls unbeliever's fools, wicked, and udulterous, with great delight and assigns them to eternal damnation. If his disciples believed like he wanted, with ease and no evidence, I'd say the Jews probably would have expected a messiah long before Jesus sky rocketed down from the heavenly abode. I'd say to expect instant belief, shows that Jesus was quite naive and had a modicum of understanding of human nature.

I have CHOSEN to believe and my life has been the better for it. I have something to cling to that brings me joy, peace, comfort, guidance and a HOPE for tomorrow.

Which you could have with or without your invisable, cruel diety. It is up to you as a person to cling to those, not him. He just serves as a security blanket, if you feel lonely, or if you feel that you need something to believe in.

Maybe you have yet to run into a true consecrated Christian. If that is the case, I am truly sorry.

No, I have run into quite a many true, church-going Christians. You have nothing to feel sorry about.

Maybe you base your logical views on the views of others?

No, I simply decide to disregard the book full of errors,(even though it is quite a page-turner.:lol: ) and observe reality. You should try it some time.:lol:

Maybe you might take a look at the very Book that you dismiss as far-fetched. Got anything to lose except a few hours of quiet reading?

You think I have not read the bible? Common sense tells you that if you plan on arguing against something, know what you are arguing against.

The name Christian today is all muddled up in religious denominations and their self pride of survival in Heaven and many times people say they are Christian because they are born into a protestant family,...go figure that.........that is not real Christianity.

True.

I can also tell you this...if someone calls themself Christian and then goes off high and wide on you for your views...they have a LOT to learn about love.
and also none Christians seem to make a big deal if they know or hear of one who falls...how intolerant. we are ALL human and we ALL sin and we need to see that in others as well as ourselves.

Well in all fairness, I have deserved it many times. Like you say, we are all human, one can only take so much animosity. Everyone has to vent.

Becoming a Christian does not mean we become PERFECT...its a hard road and yet SO worth it.

If you say so.

The thing is....this Hope I have as I am alive points me toward something I want to attain...when I die...IF it was all a fabricated tale by church conspiracy, then I am no worse off, am I?

It seems you and Pascal agree here. But why think about an afterlife which there is no proof of, when there is proof we live now, why not think of the here and now? Isn't it a waste spending countless hours adulating a piece of wood with a caricature of a tormented man on it? Obstaining from your true desires, simply because a God which is not proven, forbids it?

I KNOW what I believe and I CHOOSE to believe it.

Ok, fair enough.

GREAT sharing! and Have a terrific day!!
ColaBear
:2wave:
REMEMBER...Stand for something,
Or you will fall for everything.
(wish I knew who said that!)
I do believe it.

Again, right back at ya.

Back
Top Bottom