• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Contrary To Reports a Corona Vaccine Likely Won't Be Ready By Nov 1

If we can set aside Trump's possible self-serving motives for trying to get a vaccine to market as quickly as possible then we can acknowledge what the pharmaceutical industries are doing is an amazing thing. For the sake of debate let's assume Moderna develops a vaccine and takes it to Trump/CDC. They say, "Mr. President, we think we've developed a vaccine but we don't know if its safe." Trump would have a few options: 1. "Market it. Get it out there, safety be damned. I need a vaccine distributed by Nov. 1 to win the election." 2. "I understand. Don't distribute it. Just make the announcement by Nov. 1 with the caveat that distribution will come by the beginning of next year when you've had a chance to complete Phase 3 trials." 3. "Don't announce it. If it's not safe to distribute then I don't want it announced until it is."

Which of these three do you think Trump would choose, knowing his character?

The vaccine manufacturers have already said that they are not going to seek approval for any vaccine that has not been found to be safe and effective. The donkey isn't going to be able to use it for political purposes. He will, however, accuse the pharmaceutical companies of delaying the vaccine in order to "hurt him politically", just like he accused the governors of delaying reopening in order to hurt him politically, Its always about him....always.

hang on.

something that comes from Trump/Republicans/Republican Media isn't true?? the hell you say.

Anyone following vaccine development in general shouldn't be surprised that top scientists and epidemiologists are saying they find it extremely unlikely if not impossible that a viable Coronavirus vaccine will or could possibly be ready by the election as Trump has been predicting. Practically speaking, it usually takes years to develop an effective vaccine that's safe. If an effective vaccine were developed by Nov. 1 or even by the end of this year it would be a miracle of modern vaccine engineering, which is why Americans shouldn't get too hopeful a vaccine treatment for this horrible disease is in the offing this year, certainly not in time to prop up Trump's sagging poll numbers. The FDA might grant an Emergency Use Authorization in light of the high number of daily infections.

"Coronavirus vaccine likely won't be widely available until several months into 2021, former FDA chief says"

Coronavirus vaccine likely won't be widely available until several months into 2021, former FDA chief says | TheHill

Surphrahz, SURPHRAHZ, SURPHRAHZ!

Last edited:
When the stooge said that a vaccine would be available on Nov. 1st. I knew immediately that that wasn't going to happen. The delay will of course have something to do with the Democrats and the swamp.

The glitch at Astra-Zeneca with a trial recipient of their vaccine has just put Nov 1 totally out of reach.

The glitch at Astra-Zeneca with a trial recipient of their vaccine has just put Nov 1 totally out of reach.

yep, serious side effect...not sure what side effect they had...but it must be pretty bad for them to say stop the study

When the stooge said that a vaccine would be available on Nov. 1st. I knew immediately that that wasn't going to happen. The delay will of course have something to do with the Democrats and the swamp.

To the list of:

1. "The cheque is in the mail.";
  2. [DELETED FOR MODESTY REASONS];
  3. "The policeman is your friend.";
  4. "Can you help me look for my lost puppy.";
    and;
  5. "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you.";
    must now be added
  6. "I promise you that there will be a 100% safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine available before _[insert date of next election that the speaker is running for re-election in]_.".

But he pwwwwwooooooommmmmmmiiiiiiiissssssseeeeeeddddd.

PS - I have consulted with the director of the BS (Statistics) program at The University of Numerology and been informed that the so-called "glitch" has only affected approximately 0.0000000030211% of the American populace and that it is, therefore, statistically insignificant and should be totally disregarded if Mr. Trump's gut tells him that that it the thing to do.

PPS - The family as requested "No Flowers".

Last edited:
yep, serious side effect...not sure what side effect they had...but it must be pretty bad for them to say stop the study

Not necessarily.

Pfizer is confident in theirs, though.

Mid October, they said.

I believe that they have walked that back now and are saying it is likely going to be after the first of the year. Testing might end then, but it is really very unlikely the vaccine will be ready by then.

Most people likely won'''t get a coronavirus vaccine until the middle of 2021

So, no you won't be able to get the vaccine mid october...

btw, how do you feel that Trump lied to you about the virus? he claimed it wasn't dangerous was the flu etc..on tape he admitted that it was very dangerous, more dangerous than the flu and spread through the air...the interview was in February when he was still calling it a Democratic hoax and saying that it was less deadly than the flu and was going to disappear.

btw, how do you feel that Trump lied to you about the virus? he claimed it wasn't dangerous was the flu etc..on tape he admitted that it was very dangerous, more dangerous than the flu and spread through the air...the interview was in February when he was still calling it a Democratic hoax and saying that it was less deadly than the flu and was going to disappear.

That sort of fits in with "The latest dumb Republican talking point on covid-19" (from The Washington Post).

I REALLY would like to hear Mr. Trump's response to

What is the plan to allocate and distribute the COVID-19 vaccine to Americans cost-free, safely, equitably, and without politics?

Your source quotes Trump Administration officials... do you have a source that quotes anyone who would actually know anything?

Pfizer and the German company developing the drug say 100 million doses could be distributed by year end, and if studies that show 40% of Americans will decline to get the vaccine, there's actually an ok chance of me it. I'm far more inclined to believe those people than the Trump administration.

Of course, I don't actually believe that an effective Covid vaccine will be produced, probably ever, but I wouldn't mind being wrong.

In connection with the new stop of testing of another British coronavirus vaccine due to side effects, I would like to ask politicians: Do you still think that the russians, who are already starting to vaccinate,"stole" your research?

In connection with the new stop of testing of another British coronavirus vaccine due to side effects, I would like to ask politicians: Do you still think that the russians, who are already starting to vaccinate,"stole" your research?

<SARC>As I understand it, the word from the Oval Office is that the Russian vaccine was developed by Comrade Doctor Regus Patoff.</SARC>

Nope, what the Russians did was ok a vaccine for use that has not been fully tested, but then again Russian Leaders don't give a damn about the Russian People.

Nope, what the Russians did was ok a vaccine for use that has not been fully tested, ...

Quite likely.

...but then again Russian Leaders don't give a damn about the Russian People.

And you think that Mr. Trump does? Why? Because he's so good at tossing paper towels?

Quite likely.

And you think that Mr. Trump does? Why? Because he's so good at tossing paper towels?
Its half time so I will ask, do you actually think I Ever support trump? If you do, let me set this straight, I am 100% Against everything trump stands for, and by the way that means I oppose what HE stands for, not conservatives, but trump is not and never will be a conservative, he is a self serving piece of filth, and he has No deeming qualities. Clear Enough....Gitta Go, games on.

Its half time so I will ask, do you actually think I Ever support trump? If you do, let me set this straight, I am 100% Against everything trump stands for, and by the way that means I oppose what HE stands for, not conservatives, but trump is not and never will be a conservative, he is a self serving piece of filth, and he has No deeming qualities. Clear Enough....Gitta Go, games on.

Thank you for actually answering my question "And you think that Mr. Trump does?" - you don't.

I wonder why those who DO think that Mr. Trump DOES give a damn for the American people think that. Is it because he's so good at tossing paper towels?

Back
Top Bottom