• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Consumer Strike...

It's not a corporations duty to create high paying jobs, it is up to the individual to increase his marketable skills and education so he can rise out of a low paying position.

Two of my cousins, both girls and both hyper intelligent got degrees in the petro-chemistry.

One stayed in Texas the other moved to Australia. STARTING pay for both is well over a Hundred thousand.

The lack of additional good paying jobs has little to do with Corporations and more to do with policies that inhibit their growth.

Its the hitch in the Liberals plan. They tax them selves into failure and out of office Hen people start to realize they were lied to.

Based on your examples, doesn't sound like either the US nor Australia has policies that inhibit good paying jobs.

Based on your examples, doesn't sound like either the US nor Australia has policies that inhibit good paying jobs.

How would you know ?

You don't understand my examples. You've bought into the corrupted notion that the world, these Corporations, the rich and everyone else owes you something. You've bought into the notion that forced equity by some arbitrary Central Government that just so happens to agree with you is INDEED equality.

We're suffering the effects of people like you being allowed to vote. Your easily lied to, easily manipulated and susceptible to the promises and lies of the most Corrupt Politicians.

Whether in " Australia " or " America", you need to realize your ignorance has a effect on others around you. A negative effect as those in America can attest to, well those with a frontal lobe who we'rent sucked into the lies and false narratives of the Democrat Party.

How would you know ?

You don't understand my examples. You've bought into the corrupted notion that the world, these Corporations, the rich and everyone else owes you something. You've bought into the notion that forced equity by some arbitrary Central Government that just so happens to agree with you is INDEED equality.

We're suffering the effects of people like you being allowed to vote. Your easily lied to, easily manipulated and susceptible to the promises and lies of the most Corrupt Politicians.

Whether in " Australia " or " America", you need to realize your ignorance has a effect on others around you. A negative effect as those in America can attest to, well those with a frontal lobe who we'rent sucked into the lies and false narratives of the Democrat Party.

Wow, Fenton. Your two daughters get good paying jobs; I point out that apparently the govt policies didn't inhibit them from getting those jobs; and you flame me.

Have you considered psychotherapy?

2006 Boycott. Google it
Did you? It was a complete bust; the economic impact was completely unnoticeable.
Not really I never said it was an easy process but the opportunity is out there you just need the intelligence and fortitude to take them. 1 If your under water there are many ways to get out of that none please my but there are ways. 2 it's called networking if you don't understand that I can't do anything for you. Most of these companies haves short interview process and will either fly you down or do a phone/Skype interview. As for kids you should not have children ycan not afford to support that's irresponsible. As for getting there our ancestors traveled across the country in covered wagons I'm sure you can figure something out.
Yeah,...we're pretty much certain that you've never been in this situation. You have no idea how much is lost due to "starting over". Networking? It's a complete luck of the draw to just happen to know a guy who knows about an open job; there's no ability to say to yourself, "Hmm, in 5 years that guy's gonna be in the right place to help me get a job, when I lose my current job, in the future." I have used networking, and it works great, but it wasn't predictable or something I should rely on.

Neither he, nor anyone could have foreseen this recession; we shouldn't be punished for planning on a good future and working within that expectation . He wasn't irresponsible for having children and not "foreseeing" that life wasn't going to keep going up. What you guys don't seem to get is that life isn't linear; it doesn't get better just because you gain skills, work hard, and use your intelligence. You can do everything right and still fail. In that same line of thought, income doesn't always increase over time; you can make more each year for a good period of your life, and then lose it all and have to take a crap job, indefinitely. I should know, I'm making about a 1/3 of what I made last year, with no "good jobs" in sight. Losing my last job was 100% due to budget cuts and mismanagement; I did everything I could do in that job and this job, but my pay is going down instead of up.

It is perfered but not required they just want good people willing to work hard and learn. Also would you rather hold on to all those assets and slowly rot like they are doing in Detroit or would you rather scrap everything and try to start over? I'm not saying that these are your best options but isn't it better than doing nothing?

For the most part, sure. We've already noted that this isn't always a reasonable option, especially for a family man, but it's an option for many unemployed people. The issue is all due to the non-linearity I spoke of before; whether they "can" just start over, doesn't mean they "should" if they've taken on responsibilities in good faith when they were doing better. Family comes first, not profit, and simple economics advice is a poor response to such a complex problem. For a conservative, you don't seem to care about traditional family values, which rely on stable homes and parenting facetime (all of which you're telling him to give up).

Neither he, nor anyone could have foreseen this recession; we shouldn't be punished for planning on a good future and working within that expectation . He wasn't irresponsible for having children and not "foreseeing" that life wasn't going to keep going up. What you guys don't seem to get is that life isn't linear; it doesn't get better just because you gain skills, work hard, and use your intelligence. You can do everything right and still fail. In that same line of thought, income doesn't always increase over time; you can make more each year for a good period of your life, and then lose it all and have to take a crap job, indefinitely. I should know, I'm making about a 1/3 of what I made last year, with no "good jobs" in sight. Losing my last job was 100% due to budget cuts and mismanagement; I did everything I could do in that job and this job, but my pay is going down instead of up.

Great comment the whole thing was good, but highlighting this part.

YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING RIGHT and still fail. When the economy falls apart, or your industry falls apart, it doesn't matter if you've put in the time, worked hard, did extra training, etc. You can still fail and it's not your fault.

My pay has been stagnant in spite of great reviews, but at least I still have a job when many don't.

As far as telling people "just move to where there are jobs" - it isn't that easy if you have a family or roots in a community or a house and pets. There are people who do this even despite the pain ; but it's very very hard.

Wow, Fenton. Your two daughters get good paying jobs; I point out that
apparently the govt policies didn't inhibit them from getting those jobs; and you flame me.

Have you considered psychotherapy?

Daughters ?

Govt policies. are currently "inhibiting " access to 40 hour work weeks.

Check the jobs numbers lately ?

I flame you because you perpetuate a corrupted ideology.

whoops, I should have said "cousins". Otherwise my post stands.

Did you? It was a complete bust; the economic impact was completely unnoticeable.

Yeah,...we're pretty much certain that you've never been in this situation. You have no idea how much is lost due to "starting over". Networking? It's a complete luck of the draw to just happen to know a guy who knows about an open job; there's no ability to say to yourself, "Hmm, in 5 years that guy's gonna be in the right place to help me get a job, when I lose my current job, in the future." I have used networking, and it works great, but it wasn't predictable or something I should rely on.

For the most part, sure. We've already noted that this isn't always a reasonable option, especially for a family man, but it's an option for many unemployed people. The issue is all due to the non-linearity I spoke of before; whether they "can" just start over, doesn't mean they "should" if they've taken on responsibilities in good faith when they were doing better. Family comes first, not profit, and simple economics advice is a poor response to such a complex problem. For a conservative, you don't seem to care about traditional family values, which rely on stable homes and parenting facetime (all of which you're telling him to give up).
I'm not talking about the guy that loosses his job when I talk about kids I'm talking about the guy barely getting by that decides to have a kid.

Back
Top Bottom