• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow people are dropping like flies on this thread lol

I'm betting these killings are non-political.

Pissed off disturbed person tried to kill as many people as possible before he was killed. A congresswoman would have just been icing on the cake to him.

Also trying to pin this on Palin.

Apparently, from thousands of miles away in your parts, it's already been confirmed.

Last edited:
If we have an official DP historian, could someone confirm if this thread now has the record for the most thread bans???

As the DP historian, I can see, without question and by far.

Strange how when Hinckley shot Reagan, it was never mentioned to be politically motivated, and rap and violent video games have no affect on young kids lashing out, but this guy listened to AM radio and it sent him over the edge.

We had to fire a guy once for incompetence. I was so convinced he would walk back in and start shooting, I hid in the server room until he was gone.

Happened once at a job I worked at 20 years ago. Guy went crazy at me saying all kinds of unintelligable things. Then he hit the store manager. We all were concerned that he would come back and kill someone. I saw him about a year ago in a local supermarket. He still looked insane. Fortunately, I don't think he recognized me.

Was the shooter upset his generation's economic opportunities have mostly been used by by prior generations?

He must have had the worst friends ever. I mean how do you NOT notice stuff like this.
I hope all the families find peace, and those injured heal fully.

People noticed. Sadly, not enough was done, and the question is, how do you know when some moron is just being a pothead moron, and when do you know if he is near the tipping point of doing something vile? In most cases you cannot, until it is too late.

Last edited:
Moderator's Warning:
Alright everyone, enough with the commenting on mod boxes. Try and keep this stuck to the topic

Obama rightly called for a moment of silence today for the victims and their families.

He didn't do that for the victims of Fort Hood.

Kinda strange.

Obama rightly called for a moment of silence today for the victims and their families.

Kinda strange.
Soldiers are expected to die at gunpoint. Not civies.

According to today's NBC evening news, the shooting was politically motivated.

According to the report, Laughner allegedly met Congresswoman Gifford in 2007 and disagreed with her politics. Furtheremore, according to the report Laughner planned on assasinating Gifford then killing himself. Police say he had atleast 90 rounds of ammo with him when he went on his shooting rampage.

I know alot of people would like to believe this just some deranged man who happened to not like the Congresswoman's views, but the political rhetoric has been brewing to a fever pitch for 2-years now. IMO, and I said as much not long ago, it was just a matter of time before someone believed the rhetoric and took matters into their own hands.

So sad...

And yet what about her politics didn't he like?

Oh I see you don't mention that. You're attempting to portray him as a rightwing fanatic bent on killing some liberal politician.

Oh but wait, she's one of the more BLUE DOG Conservative Dems. Hmmm...

And his hate for her?

Jared Lee Loughner reportedly met with Congresswoman Giffords before tragic shooting » Breaking News | Wire Update News | News Wires -

Not looking good for your thinking there buddy.

this is some good news for a change.

<Congresswoman raises 2 fingers, gives thumbs-up>

<TUCSON, Ariz. – Doctors treating Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords said Monday the congresswoman was responding to verbal commands by raising two fingers of her left hand and even managed to give a thumbs-up.>

Congresswoman raises 2 fingers, gives thumbs-up - Yahoo! News

Soldiers are expected to die at gunpoint.

at the soldiers' readiness center at fort hood, texas?!

i'm stunned!

american servicemembers are EXPECTED to be gunned down?

i am sincerely stunned by your cavalier dismissal of this horrible, hateful hit

pray for ms giffords, the other victims in tucson, their families

pray for the 13 martyred and the 30 others wounded on nov, 5, 2009

Kinda strange.

you're pissed that Obama is being respectful?

the military commanders called for a moment of silence on behalf of Ft Hood within 24 hours of the event.

if Obama had subsequently called for a moment of silence, no doubt you would have accused him then of political opportunism. there's no pleasing some people.

Global Moment of Silence for Ft. Hood Victims - TVNewser

Talk about impressive. Taking a point blank shot to the head and two days later giving a thumbs up.

She is tough and wish her the best in recovery.

I wish we could hear more about how the other critically injureds are doing.

his antipathy towards ms giffords goes back to 2007, before heated rhetoric against this white house and its current crop of opponents was barely blipping on america's radar screen

before tea, before most americans even heard of sarah palin, before many knew the then senator from illinois

his ill feeling towards his congresswoman goes back to his meeting with her in 2007 when he asked her how she knew that words had meaning and she answered him in spanish

Tucson Shooter’s Grudge Against Giffords: ‘I Planned Ahead’ -- Daily Intel

how do you say "heated rhetoric" in espanol?

pray for all the victims, if you're compassion is expansive enough pray for mr hasan, loughner and their loved ones

peace

Last edited:
That is amazing. Wow. Unfortunately the other victims who died have families tonight in pure agnony.
I know it won't happen but love to see this louse dropped in the middle of the main population in one of our main prisons.

Oh he's in grave danger in there. Remember what happened to Jeffrey Dahmer?

You don't say? My you dazzle me with your logic! :shock:

It doesn't matter. It's what someone does with that information that makes the difference.

If a kook decides he's going to kill innocent people, do we really care what sources he used to justify his actions?

So how to make a bomb on the Internet or how to commit a crime wouldn't be a problem as long as someone doesn't do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…