• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Congressman admits Democrats "stretched the facts," misled anti-war supporters about

AndrewC

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Congressman admits Democrats "stretched the facts," misled anti-war supporters about supposed plans for ending War | Redstate

YouTube - Rep. Kanjorski admits the Democrats Over-Promised on Iraq

"I'll tell you my impression. We really in this last election, when I say we...the democrats, I think pushed it as far as we can to the end of the fleet, didn't say it, but we implied it. That if we won the Congressional elections, we could stop the war. Now anybody was a good student of Government would know that wasn't true. But you know, the temptation to want to win back the Congress, we sort of stretched the facts...and people ate it up."

They are laughing at us. Anyone who really believes that Democrats (Presidential or other) will end this war needs to wake up. These people have no intention of stopping the war or changing our government.

Re: Congressman admits Democrats "stretched the facts," misled anti-war supporters ab

Of course they did. And then they sold out their constituency for pork.

Hilarious.

Re: Congressman admits Democrats "stretched the facts," misled anti-war supporters ab

"I'll tell you my impression. We really in this last election, when I say we...the democrats, I think pushed it as far as we can to the end of the fleet, didn't say it, but we implied it. That if we won the Congressional elections, we could stop the war. Now anybody was a good student of Government would know that wasn't true. But you know, the temptation to want to win back the Congress, we sort of stretched the facts...and people ate it up."

The explanation of these words are given in this link
Kanjorski Caught On Tape Saying Dems Oversold Ability To End Iraq War, By Josh Kraushaar - CBS News

“I expressed my belief that some Democrats in 2006 overestimated the ability of a single house of Congress to end the war, particularly in the face of an intransigent President and Senate Republicans who are committed to continuing the war,” Kanjorski said.

Now well, by having a president who wants to end this war (Obama), plus this "single house of Congress", the results might be different.

Back
Top Bottom