• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Company Of Putin-Connected Oligarch Rotenberg Wins State Anticorruption Tender

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Company Of Putin-Connected Oligarch Rotenberg Wins State Anticorruption Tender

DsbtmtzW0AAepV0.jpg

Arkady Rotenberg and Vladimir Putin.

1/12/19
A company owned by Russian billionaire oligarch Arkady Rotenberg has been awarded a state grant to conduct training on civil-society development and combating corruption. Russian media, citing public state-tender documents, reported on January 11 that Rotenberg's company Granat had been given 46 million rubles ($688,000) by the Public Chamber advisory board to hold round-tables, public discussions, and conferences on the topics. Rotenberg is a childhood friend and former judo partner of Russian President Vladimir Putin. After Putin became president in 2000, Rotenberg was made head of the state-controlled vodka distillery Rosspirtprom.

Later he increased his fortune by controlling companies that sold pipes to the state-controlled gas giant Gazprom. Anticorruption activists, including opposition figure Aleksei Navalny, have charged that Rotenberg's firms grossly overcharged Gazprom. He also controlled lucrative contracts to build Russian federal highways, to publish school textbooks, and to prepare infrastructure for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. Rotenberg was sanctioned by the United States in 2014 for his role in Moscow's occupation and annexation of the Ukrainian region of Crimea.

Arkady Rotenburg (and his brother Boris) made their fortunes mainly in the construction industry via their well-connected firm SGM Group. As close Putin friends, they have been awarded Kremlin contracts and allowed to overcharge and skim from payments. They overcharged/skimmed Gazprom (the Russian state-owned gas company), at the Sochi Olympics (3 miles of new road that cost as much as 300 miles), and most lately working on the illegal Crimea Bridge that is already falling apart (charging for high-end materials but using substandard substitutes).

Putting Arkady in charge of combating corruption would be something like Trump appointing the corrupt former EPA Director Scott Pruitt to a similar position.

Says you! Gazprom is profitable. Sochi Olympics were successful. Crimes brigdge was completed on schedule. Success stories or maybe he is a sleaze, but the record speaks otherwise.
/

Such projects allow Putin's friends to be enriched via overcharging, skimming tranches, and using substandard materials. The Rotenburgs are among the most corrupt oligarchs in Russia

Oftentimes, Kremlin projects have no purpose at all other than as a flimsy mechanism to transfer money from the Kremlin (the people) to the politically connected.

A transfer of wealth to friends under the fig leaf of "government project". No oversight. No investigations. No trials. No fraud convictions.

Says you! Gazprom is profitable. Sochi Olympics were successful. Crimes brigdge was completed on schedule. Success stories or maybe he is a sleaze, but the record speaks otherwise.
/

Crimes bridge.... What a perfect (and applicable) Freudian slip....

And Gazprom?

Vladimir Putin’s abusive stranglehold over European gas supplies has been laid bare by explosive EU documents, exposing deliberate violations of EU law and a pattern of political bullying over almost a decade.

The longest investigation in EU history found that the Kremlin-controlled energy giant Gazprom has used its enormous power to pressure vulnerable states in Eastern Europe, and to fragment the EU’s unified energy market with coercive pricing policies
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/busines...w-brussels-cover-up-collusion-putins-gazprom/

Crimes bridge.... What a perfect (and applicable) Freudian slip....

And Gazprom?

Vladimir Putin’s abusive stranglehold over European gas supplies has been laid bare by explosive EU documents, exposing deliberate violations of EU law and a pattern of political bullying over almost a decade.

The longest investigation in EU history found that the Kremlin-controlled energy giant Gazprom has used its enormous power to pressure vulnerable states in Eastern Europe, and to fragment the EU’s unified energy market with coercive pricing policies
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/busines...w-brussels-cover-up-collusion-putins-gazprom/

"The longest investigation in EU history found that the Kremlin-controlled energy giant Gazprom has used its enormous power to pressure vulnerable states in Eastern Europe, and to fragment the EU’s unified energy market with coercive pricing policies"
You're Right, Gazprom prices are so much lower than USA LNG that the USA tries to force Russia out of the market so the USA can force sell the LNG to the EU. Sneaky, underhanded business, but not FREE TRADE. "Coercive pricing policies," translated as undercutting USA LNG.
/

"The longest investigation in EU history found that the Kremlin-controlled energy giant Gazprom has used its enormous power to pressure vulnerable states in Eastern Europe, and to fragment the EU’s unified energy market with coercive pricing policies"
You're Right, Gazprom prices are so much lower than USA LNG that the USA tries to force Russia out of the market so the USA can force sell the LNG to the EU. Sneaky, underhanded business, but not FREE TRADE. "Coercive pricing policies," translated as undercutting USA LNG.
/

It is like you are trying in to be wrong....

Gazprom is just another tool of Putin's to punish states that displease Papa Putin....

And you are OK with a state run entity screwing people.

It is like you are trying in to be wrong....

Gazprom is just another tool of Putin's to punish states that displease Papa Putin....

And you are OK with a state run entity screwing people.

Actually, I am OK with Putin. I admire the fact that he has saved a bankrupt Nation. He has given his people a measure of prosperity. He has one of the strogest militaries in the World. His national management style is hands on. He micromanages with great skill and detailed planning. He has survived the Economic Arm of USA full spectrum dominance and prospered. He has shown rare good judgement and the ability to tolerate antagonistic adversaries with a chessmaster's skill. The USA is the state run entity screwing people and the Citizens of Syria, Libya, Yemen, Venezuela, Haiti, Panama, Iraq, Afghanistan and others too numerous to mention will swear to it. Your head is inserted in the narrative of a Goebbelian mind massage and because you are glued to the MSM and perhaps a MIC industry and you can't see it. I've told you before "You think you are too smart for that." You're wrong. I'm not OK with a state run entity screwing people and you of all people should know from my posts that I see the USA as that screwer. Clearly. Look around you. The words are from a Patriot and Idealist who wants his Country back to be what it has always professed to be.
/

Actually, I am OK with Putin. I admire the fact that he has saved a bankrupt Nation. He has given his people a measure of prosperity. He has one of the strogest militaries in the World. His national management style is hands on. He micromanages with great skill and detailed planning. He has survived the Economic Arm of USA full spectrum dominance and prospered. He has shown rare good judgement and the ability to tolerate antagonistic adversaries with a chessmaster's skill. The USA is the state run entity screwing people and the Citizens of Syria, Libya, Yemen, Venezuela, Haiti, Panama, Iraq, Afghanistan and others too numerous to mention will swear to it. Your head is inserted in the narrative of a Goebbelian mind massage and because you are glued to the MSM and perhaps a MIC industry and you can't see it. I've told you before "You think you are too smart for that." You're wrong. I'm not OK with a state run entity screwing people and you of all people should know from my posts that I see the USA as that screwer. Clearly. Look around you. The words are from a Patriot and Idealist who wants his Country back to be what it has always professed to be.
/

And another rant full of lies, distortion, Putin slurping, and general Russian propaganda....

You are also OK with Russia trying, through Gazprom, to punish border states from straying too far from the old Warsaw Bloc subservience.

You are also OK with supporting a dictator who slaughters his own people enmass. To include gassing them.

You are OK Russia violating the laws of the sea.

You are OK with Russia illegally annexing Crimea.

You are OK with Russian forces invading Donbuss.

You are OK with Russia hijacking Ukrainian ships.

You are OK with lying about the CIA supplying AL Qaeda and/or ISIS.

You are OK with lying about the White Helmets.

You are OK with Russia trying to bully its neighbors.

You are OK with any number of dictatorships as long as they aren't pro western.

You cannot counter any criticism of Papa Putin other than to invoke Syria, Afghanistan, Libya, Iraq....

Actually, I am OK with Putin.

We know. You are a Putinista. All your faux bellyaching about the CIA, Ukraine, et. al. is Kremlin disinformation that you disseminate.

Everyone knows you are okay with Putin and do his bidding here everyday. A turncoat. That's why Westphalian loves you.

And another rant full of lies, distortion, Putin slurping, and general Russian propaganda....

You are also OK with Russia trying, through Gazprom, to punish border states from straying too far from the old Warsaw Bloc subservience.

You are also OK with supporting a dictator who slaughters his own people enmass. To include gassing them.

You are OK Russia violating the laws of the sea.

You are OK with Russia illegally annexing Crimea.

You are OK with Russian forces invading Donbuss.

You are OK with Russia hijacking Ukrainian ships.

You are OK with lying about the CIA supplying AL Qaeda and/or ISIS.

You are OK with lying about the White Helmets.

You are OK with Russia trying to bully its neighbors.

You are OK with any number of dictatorships as long as they aren't pro western.

You cannot counter any criticism of Papa Putin other than to invoke Syria, Afghanistan, Libya, Iraq....

The sad part is that you actually believe that load of tripe. You repeat perfectly from the "Pete and Repeat" narrative. You'll get a nice test score for a perfect bag of wet farts. The real World beckons.
/

We know. You are a Putinista. All your faux bellyaching about the CIA, Ukraine, et. al. is Kremlin disinformation that you disseminate.

Everyone knows you are okay with Putin and do his bidding here everyday. A turncoat. That's why Westphalian loves you.

You don't like it because the USA does some very bad things and covers them up with narrative spouting dupes and you are beginning to suspect you could be one of the dupes. Not to worry. It makes you feel good and makes you think you are a good guy and a Patriot. Clue: I'm the patriot.
/

The sad part is that you actually believe that load of tripe. You repeat perfectly from the "Pete and Repeat" narrative. You'll get a nice test score for a perfect bag of wet farts. The real World beckons.
/

What "tripe" do you refer to?

Let's take the first one. Has or has not Russia been cutting off delivery and/or manipulating prices to the detriment of former Warsaw Pact nations?

You don't like it because the USA does some very bad things and covers them up with narrative spouting dupes and you are beginning to suspect you could be one of the dupes. Not to worry. It makes you feel good and makes you think you are a good guy and a Patriot. Clue: I'm the patriot.
/

The US has done some very bad things... You know it and I know it.

The difference is our journalists don’t end up dying for reporting such things...

If "Patriot" means shilling for various dictatorships, lying about conditions in Ukraine and other nations, lying about what the Syrians have done to their people, lying about the White Helmets, lying about ISIS, lying about AL Qaeda and crying CIA over and over again then count me out.

If you are an American patriot then Tokyo Rose was an American patriot and Lord Hawhaw was a British patriot.

You have no clue what a patriot is Fagan. You're a turncoat.

A patriot's job is to support the principles the people's Nation was founded on. Not a mythical narrative from the Central Power Structure.
/

A patriot's job is to support the principles the people's Nation was founded on. Not a mythical narrative from the Central Power Structure.
/

A patriot doesn't buy into Russian agitprop.

/

A Patriot's job isn't to lie about his nation repeatedly. Nor is it to accept everything another antagonistic nation's propaganda arm says without question.

RVs "agitprop" is far more in line with reality and history than you are.

Another spontaneous bowel eruption from the fieldmouse.
/

Fixation on defecation noted....

You talk **** when you have nothing logical to add.

Au contraire! I choose to accurtely describe your posts. You're not supposed to take suppositories orally. That's probably what causes the unadulaterated crap that spews from your typing fingers.
/

Au contraire! I choose to accurtely describe your posts. You're not supposed to take suppositories orally. That's probably what causes the unadulaterated crap that spews from your typing fingers.
/

Fixation on defecation continues..

You continue to talk **** because you have nothing intelligent to add.

Where do you get your *special* version of history from?

Back
Top Bottom