• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Communist Propaganda Writ Small

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Political correctness is communist propaganda writ small. In my study of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, nor to inform, but to humiliate; and therefore, the less it corresponded to reality the better. When people are forced to remain silent when they are being told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced to repeat the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity. To assent to obvious lies is to co-operate with evil, and in some small way to become evil oneself. One’s standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A society of emasculated liars is easy to control. I think if you examine political correctness, it has the same effect and is intended to.

The ridiculous stuff coming out of academe with trigger warnings, safe spaces, and microaggressions is much the same thing. If activists can force people to go along with this nonsense it confirms their power over the people, and a heady power trip it must be for these third rate teenage students. To defy it is to assert one's own strength and independence of mind.

FrontPage Magazine - Our Culture, What’s Left Of It

Back
Top Bottom