• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Colleges setting the stage for future school shootings[W:132,424]

Re: Colleges setting the stage for future school shootings

In that situation, there's really no telling where the shell ejected itself to. Could have bounced off of the car someplace, off of someone's head, neck, shoulder, etc. Doesn't seem to be indicative any much to me.

They almost always go back and right. The bullet went into the door. That means the gun was likely facing the door.

Again how did it go out the window if someone was leaning in? Seems highly unlikely...

Its indicative of the cop lying.

Well, this prosecutor did on this occasion, as is well within his right, to my understanding, so the fact that he did in this case is pretty much meaningless.

The fact he called people that had a known history of injecting themselves into cases and lying is meaningless? Strange...

Furthermore deviating from the norm and not at least suggesting charges is not meaningless at all. It means he did a poor job.

Can you imagine if he didn't call that witness, what the mobs outside would have made about that? Whether or not to call that witness seems to be a no-win for him. Sometimes you have to take a lump for the greater good of the case, I'm thinking.

But this was for the worse of the case, not good. And in some cases obviously.

I can't imagine they would have reacted worse than they did.

Not sure, but I don't think you were there, or have enough information, or probably probably experience in these matters, to make that judgement.

I have enough experience to tell when something is obviously botched, like in this case.

They almost always go back and right. The bullet went into the door. That means the gun was likely facing the door.

Again how did it go out the window if someone was leaning in? Seems highly unlikely...

Its indicative of the cop lying.

It is not. There are a multitude of different reasons that the shell ejected and found it's way to it's final resting place. You are prejudging, and I'm guessing that you are prejudging to what you want to have happened.

The fact he called people that had a known history of injecting themselves into cases and lying is meaningless? Strange...

Furthermore deviating from the norm and not at least suggesting charges is not meaningless at all. It means he did a poor job.

Arguable.

But this was for the worse of the case, not good. And in some cases obviously.

I can't imagine they would have reacted worse than they did.

I have enough experience to tell when something is obviously botched, like in this case.

I believe that you believe that you do, but I believe that you don't. Nothing that you've posted leads me to believe that you are credible and have sufficient knowledge or experience to submit your opinion as irrefutable conclusions.

It is not. There are a multitude of different reasons that the shell ejected and found it's way to it's final resting place. You are prejudging, and I'm guessing that you are prejudging to what you want to have happened.

Arguable.

I believe that you believe that you do, but I believe that you don't. Nothing that you've posted leads me to believe that you are credible and have sufficient knowledge or experience to submit your opinion as irrefutable conclusions.

So now logical conclusions based on physics is prejudging? The odds of that shell going out that window is VERY small. I'm not saying its impossible, but its far more likely the gun was fired outside the car...

What are you arguing with that he called witnesses that should not have been called? Look up witness 40 its clear as day she never should have seen the stand.

I never said it was irrefutable, I said it was the most likely scenario, based on physics and logic. I haven't heard anyone refute it. What you suggested amounts to magic casing theory. You have given no viable solution to how it got out of the car. The window was blocked, and shells from sigs (along with every other handgun I have ever shot) go back and to the right. I used to own a sig... Not to mention the weapon being fired from outside the car lines up with a eyewitness testimony, which is how your supposed to use forensic evidence. To see who is telling the truth.

As for the prosecutor a state rep in Missouri, and multiple other lawyers are calling for a investigation into the prosecutor. I should hope they are qualified to make such a call...

Last edited:

So now logical conclusions based on physics is prejudging? The odds of that shell going out that window is VERY small. I'm not saying its impossible, but its far more likely the gun was fired outside the car...

I thought there was a hole made by a shot on the inside of the car, which would make the case for a shot being fired in the car. But I admit, I may be wrong about that.

What are you arguing with that he called witnesses that should not have been called? Look up witness 40 its clear as day she never should have seen the stand.
and as soon as that was figured out they'd be holly hell to pay for excluding what the public would consider an incriminating witness. No, I don't think that prosecutor had a real choice on that one.

I never said it was irrefutable, I said it was the most likely scenario, based on physics and logic. I haven't heard anyone refute it. What you suggested amounts to magic casing theory. You have given no viable solution to how it got out of the car. The window was blocked, and shells from sigs (along with every other handgun I have ever shot) go back and to the right. I used to own a sig...

Unless, in the struggle, the gun was being forced down and to the inside of the car. It could then be at such an angle where a spent casing would eject out the window.

Not to mention the weapon being fired from outside the car lines up with a eyewitness testimony, which is how your supposed to use forensic evidence. To see who is telling the truth.

2nd shot? 2nd and following shots?

As for the prosecutor a state rep in Missouri, and multiple other lawyers are calling for a investigation into the prosecutor. I should hope they are qualified to make such a call...

Well within their right to do so. I wonder as to their motivation for doing so.

I thought there was a hole made by a shot on the inside of the car, which would make the case for a shot being fired in the car. But I admit, I may be wrong about that.
There was a hole on the outside to, although they didn't recover a bullet from the cab, they only found 5 bullets and he shot 11 times I believe, so it could be they just didn't find it...

and as soon as that was figured out they'd be holly hell to pay for excluding what the public would consider an incriminating witness. No, I don't think that prosecutor had a real choice on that one.

Their would not have been holly hell to pay. She almost certainly did not witness the crime, and has a known history of making stuff up and injecting herself into publicized investigations. He should have at least given her a polygraph.

Also if he did not want holy hell, he should have handled the case himself, instead of passing off all the work to two other prosecutors beneath him.

Unless, in the struggle, the gun was being forced down and to the inside of the car. It could then be at such an angle where a spent casing would eject out the window.

No it really couldn't. If it was inside the car, the barrel had to be facing the door in order for the door to have been penetrated where it was, and for the holes to line up. That means it would have gone toward the windshield and passenger seat. Furthermore there was a rather large person in the window, so most of the window was probably blocked.

2nd shot? 2nd and following shots?

What about the second shot? Wilson claims he fired two from inside the car.

Well within their right to do so. I wonder as to their motivation for doing so.

Never said they weren't, I agree with them, and think they should investigate this obviously corrupt prosecutor.

He is obviously corrupt for other reasons, not just this one. Like when 2 black men where caught up in a sting and the police killed them, he referred to them as "Bums" during the trial, and didn't call the other 10 cops present that all said the car didn't move. (The reason a few shot is they claimed it did)

Allot of it has to do with him so obviously screwing up the case. He allowed the jury to come up with the charges, he called witnesses, he has a history of bungling cases like this (probably on purpose.) And he has a vested interest in seeing the pig walk. His family are pigs, he wanted to be a pig, and his dad was killed by a black man that may or may not have actually shot him and was railroaded by a racist judicial system.

The facts still remain, wilson shot a unarmed boy that was running away (which is illegal for a officer to do) and he at least lied about brown charging him. Not one witness said brown charged. Some say he stood still, some say he stumbled towards him mortally wounded, some say he walked towards him to surrender, none say he charged. Wilson obviously lied there.

I see the thread rescued itself by wondering far a field from OP's ridiculous premise.

Well good for that, I guess. but should all this Ferguson posting belong in a Ferguson thread?

YES it does not belong here

There was a hole on the outside to, although they didn't recover a bullet from the cab, they only found 5 bullets and he shot 11 times I believe, so it could be they just didn't find it...
Yeah, most likely lost.

Their would not have been holly hell to pay. She almost certainly did not witness the crime, and has a known history of making stuff up and injecting herself into publicized investigations. He should have at least given her a polygraph.

Are you kidding me? The moment the prosecutor declines to use that person's testimony, immediately Sharpton and all the rest would be making it the most important testimony, the exclusion of which invalidates the GJ verdict. Come on man.

Also if he did not want holy hell, he should have handled the case himself, instead of passing off all the work to two other prosecutors beneath him.

Substantiation please?

No it really couldn't. If it was inside the car, the barrel had to be facing the door in order for the door to have been penetrated where it was, and for the holes to line up. That means it would have gone toward the windshield and passenger seat. Furthermore there was a rather large person in the window, so most of the window was probably blocked.

No telling how far someone's wrist can be bent when using the leverage of a gun barrel to do so, also no telling how hard one grip on the handle will be in an adrenalize condition.[/quote]

What about the second shot? Wilson claims he fired two from inside the car.

We've already lost 5 other rounds. This'd be the 6th that was lost?

Never said they weren't, I agree with them, and think they should investigate this obviously corrupt prosecutor.

He is obviously corrupt for other reasons, not just this one. Like when 2 black men where caught up in a sting and the police killed them, he referred to them as "Bums" during the trial, and didn't call the other 10 cops present that all said the car didn't move. (The reason a few shot is they claimed it did)

Allot of it has to do with him so obviously screwing up the case. He allowed the jury to come up with the charges, he called witnesses, he has a history of bungling cases like this (probably on purpose.) And he has a vested interest in seeing the pig walk. His family are pigs, he wanted to be a pig, and his dad was killed by a black man that may or may not have actually shot him and was railroaded by a racist judicial system.

All this is supposition without any substantiation. If you are going to convict the prosecutor like this, you are going to need a bunch more evidence than this. I propose that you start posting your links to your source material for due consideration.

The facts still remain, wilson shot a unarmed boy that was running away (which is illegal for a officer to do) and he at least lied about brown charging him. Not one witness said brown charged. Some say he stood still, some say he stumbled towards him mortally wounded, some say he walked towards him to surrender, none say he charged. Wilson obviously lied there.

Except that the forensic evidence doesn't support that version of the transpired events.

Yeah, most likely lost.

Are you kidding me? The moment the prosecutor declines to use that person's testimony, immediately Sharpton and all the rest would be making it the most important testimony, the exclusion of which invalidates the GJ verdict. Come on man.

Not if she failed a polygraph which she would of. Then they would say nothing. And they are flipping out about her going on the stand anyway. I think he would have been better off not letting her, and your not giving the protestors enough credit in logically examining the facts...

Friday, McCulloch said that he decided to present witnesses that were “clearly not telling the truth” to the grand jury. Specifically, McCulloch acknowledged he permitted a woman who “clearly wasn’t present when this occurred” to testify as an eyewitness to the grand jury for several hours. The woman, Sandra McElroy, testified that Michael Brown charged at Wilson “like a football player, head down,” supporting Wilson’s claim that he killed Brown in self-defense.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...could-restart-the-case-against-darren-wilson/

He should be jailed a never allowed to practice again.

Substantiation please?
McCulloch will not be working with the grand jury himself in this case; two longtime prosecutors in his office will work directly with the grand jury.

“When it’s all said and done, not only can he say that he didn’t have anything to do with it, it was the grand jury’s decision, he can also say, ‘I wasn’t even in there,’”

No telling how far someone's wrist can be bent when using the leverage of a gun barrel to do so, also no telling how hard one grip on the handle will be in an adrenalize condition.

Ummmmm that's totally irrelevant to where the bullet and casing went. The gun had to have been fired facing the door, from either side in order to make holes in a line like that, that means if he was inside the car the casing would go towards the windshield and passenger seat. There is simply no getting around that.

I don't know. I don't think anyone knows. Besides the rounds that where inside him (which its unlikely these where) they don't know which round was which. The bullets where mostly very damaged....

He definitely claims to have fired two from inside the vehicle... You can easily look up his testimony and see that...

All this is supposition without any substantiation. If you are going to convict the prosecutor like this, you are going to need a bunch more evidence than this. I propose that you start posting your links to your source material for due consideration.

No not really. Its all over the web anyway, all you had to do was Google it. There is a buttload of evidence and a prior history of him helping pigs, plus only like 11 of 162,000 grand jury's dont indict every year so it really is out of the ordinary. The prosecutor has to try. Hell Bob mccullah sold t shirts for Wilson's defense fund! You can look all this up online quite easily, allot of it I read when not writing...

Except that the forensic evidence doesn't support that version of the transpired events.

Sigh...

Again the forensics say he was shot in the back for the two shots in his right arm. Go read the report if you don't believe me. Its clear as day.

Furthermore he did not charge brown, no forensics say he did. The shot in the top of the head was likely due to him being hunched over after the one in the gut.

Yeah, most likely lost.

Substantiation please?

No telling how far someone's wrist can be bent when using the leverage of a gun barrel to do so, also no telling how hard one grip on the handle will be in an adrenalize condition.

Except that the forensic evidence doesn't support that version of the transpired events.[/QUOTE]

Not if she failed a polygraph which she would of. Then they would say nothing. And they are flipping out about her going on the stand anyway. I think he would have been better off not letting her, and your not giving the protestors enough credit in logically examining the facts...

Polygraphing GJ witnesses the normal course of action? I didn't think it was.

ThinkProgress? :lamo Not credible.

He should be jailed a never allowed to practice again.

Ummmmm that's totally irrelevant to where the bullet and casing went. The gun had to have been fired facing the door, from either side in order to make holes in a line like that, that means if he was inside the car the casing would go towards the windshield and passenger seat. There is simply no getting around that.

I don't know. I don't think anyone knows. Besides the rounds that where inside him (which its unlikely these where) they don't know which round was which. The bullets where mostly very damaged....

He definitely claims to have fired two from inside the vehicle... You can easily look up his testimony and see that...

No not really. Its all over the web anyway, all you had to do was Google it. There is a buttload of evidence and a prior history of him helping pigs, plus only like 11 of 162,000 grand jury's dont indict every year so it really is out of the ordinary. The prosecutor has to try. Hell Bob mccullah sold t shirts for Wilson's defense fund! You can look all this up online quite easily, allot of it I read when not writing...

Kinda his job, being a public prosecutor and all, working well with LEOs.

Sigh...

Again the forensics say he was shot in the back for the two shots in his right arm. Go read the report if you don't believe me. Its clear as day.

Furthermore he did not charge brown, no forensics say he did. The shot in the top of the head was likely due to him being hunched over after the one in the gut.

[/QUOTE]

The forensic evidence is a dam sight better than the misleading 'witness' testimony, as we have seen. Seems to me that the forensic evidence more supports Wilson's account than any other's accounting.

Polygraphing GJ witnesses the normal course of action? I didn't think it was.

Putting them on the stand at all is not normal. So how could polygraphing them be normal? There where so many abnormal things about this "trial" I hardly see how it matters..

ThinkProgress? :lamo Not credible.

Actually think progress is quite credible, regardless of your bias...

But how about MSNBC then?

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/prosecutor-admits-witnesses-likely-lied-under-oath-michael-brown-case

Kinda his job, being a public prosecutor and all, working well with LEOs.

Not when he is prosecuting them though.

The forensic evidence is a dam sight better than the misleading 'witness' testimony, as we have seen. Seems to me that the forensic evidence more supports Wilson's account than any other's accounting.

No actually it does not. The forensic evidence says brown was shot in the back. That's in direct contradiction with Wilson's testimony. Furthermore you can't look at such evidence in a vacuum, to do so is bound to produce fallacy's...

Putting them on the stand at all is not normal. So how could polygraphing them be normal? There where so many abnormal things about this "trial" I hardly see how it matters..

Actually think progress is quite credible, regardless of your bias...

But how about MSNBC then?

St. Louis prosecutor admits witnesses likely lied under oath | MSNBC

Not when he is prosecuting them though.

No actually it does not. The forensic evidence says brown was shot in the back. That's in direct contradiction with Wilson's testimony. Furthermore you can't look at such evidence in a vacuum, to do so is bound to produce fallacy's...

Err. Seems to be in dispute.
Shortly before the shooting, Brown stole several cigarillos and shoved a store clerk at a nearby convenience store. Wilson had been notified by police dispatch of the robbery and the suspect's description. He encountered Brown and Dorian Johnson as they were walking down the middle of the street blocking traffic, though it is unclear when or if Wilson associated the robbery suspect descriptions with the two men.[disputeddiscuss] [2][3][4] When Brown and Johnson refused Wilson's order to move to the sidewalk, Wilson backed up his cruiser and blocked them. An altercation ensued with Brown and Wilson struggling through the window of the police vehicle until Wilson's gun was fired. Brown and Johnson then fled, with Wilson in pursuit of Brown, eventually firing several more times. In the entire altercation, Wilson fired a total of twelve rounds;[5] Brown was hit seven or eight times, all from the front,[6] and the last was probably the fatal shot.[7][8][9] Witness reports differed as to whether and when Brown had his hands raised, and whether he was moving toward Wilson when the final shots were fired.
Shooting of Michael Brown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The autopsy says that Brown was shot in the forehead, twice in the chest and once in the upper right arm. The fatal wound to Brown’s head indicates that he was leaning or falling forward, and the path of a sixth shot, which hit Brown’s forearm and traveled from the back of his arm to his inner arm, means that Brown’s palms were not facing Wilson in an act of surrender, according to analysts cited by the Post-Dispatch.
Evidence supports officer

So, no, Brown did not receive any shots to the back, at least not that I'm finding, and if that were the case, it'd be far more on the front page.

Err. Seems to be in dispute.
Shooting of Michael Brown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Evidence supports officer

So, no, Brown did not receive any shots to the back, at least not that I'm finding, and if that were the case, it'd be far more on the front page.
Wow wikipedia great resource!

He most certainly did according to the evidence. Why else would he stop running? And furthermore upon stopping running why did Wilson shoot him?

He most certainly did according to the evidence. Why else would he stop running? And furthermore upon stopping running why did Wilson shoot him?

Brown was shot because he engaged in behavior that justified a reasonable police officer shooting him
and that is what the reviewing grand jury determined. so what is your agenda to constantly whine about the demise of some thug? and what does this constant whining about the shooting of a scum bag have to do with school shootings?

That would be in response to the bum rush, wouldn't it?

Brown was shot because he engaged in behavior that justified a reasonable police officer shooting him
and that is what the reviewing grand jury determined. so what is your agenda to constantly whine about the demise of some thug? and what does this constant whining about the shooting of a scum bag have to do with school shootings?

About the only thing I can see from that which is not being pointed out is that neither cops nor government can be trusted, which could not be made more plain. Now if either of these two were pointing out that trusting the cops to protect our school children must be the dumbest thing we have ever agreed to allow it would have some connection.

Dimwits that would rather argue over cops ability to cover up and close ranks think the cops are to be trusted with that serious job or some underpaid guard, are not bright enough to even mention it. We are kinda begging for schools to be used as the place of choice of nuts and who knows what to make a horrific public statement.

If this is the best we can do heaven help our children.

That would be in response to the bum rush, wouldn't it?
But only witness 40 (who was proven to have not been there, and may be a main reason for that joke of a prosecutor mccullah to be investigated) said he "bum rushed" Wilson.

Believing a officers testimony in a case against them is like shooting a hornets nest with a Bb gun. It's never going to work out well...

Cops think they are above the law. Plain and simple.

How was he a thug?

And the officer enganged in the more thuggish and brutish behavior in that situation...

Your the one whining about me talking about it.

How was he a thug?

And the officer enganged in the more thuggish and brutish behavior in that situation...

Your the one whining about me talking about it.

Wasn't Brown's long and glorious juvenile arrest record released?

But only witness 40 (who was proven to have not been there, and may be a main reason for that joke of a prosecutor mccullah to be investigated) said he "bum rushed" Wilson.

Believing a officers testimony in a case against them is like shooting a hornets nest with a Bb gun. It's never going to work out well...

I think that officers are entitled to the same legal protections, status, and belief as any other defendants in a legal case.

Cops think they are above the law. Plain and simple.

Some do, that's true. Many don't. Has there been a determination which one Wilson is?

Just look at this website. Sick beyond belief: NRA Competitive Shooting Programs|Collegiate Shooting Programs

The NRA has gotten its fingers into our educational system. The fact that any college in this day and age could field a RIFLE team is mind numbing.

Guns on campus led to Virginia Tech. Guns on campus lead to the UC shootings. And guns on campus lead to the recent FSU debacle.

But colleges are far too deep into NRA money to consider even banning guns on campus. Instead, they let the NRA give future mass shooters the opportunity to train, and get F*cking rewarded for how well they shoot (AKA, how well they are able to kill their fellow students.) And they act surprised when some psycho uses a gun to murder a ton of people on school grounds.

So you say that these rifle team members are simply enjoying a hobby? Well teach them to enjoy something that doesn't kill 30,000 Americans a year, such as football, baseball, frisbee, mock trial, auto racing, rock climbing, etc.

No guns on campus equals no school shootings. Too bad the NRA wants guns on campus to be glorified, nay, recognized as a sport.

you act as if this is something new...........many high schools throughout the country have skeet/trap shooting teams, I have a cousin whose kids are on one at their school.......most all major colleges have them and they even offer scholarships*gasp*.......

you act as if this is something new...........many high schools throughout the country have skeet/trap shooting teams, I have a cousin whose kids are on one at their school.......most all major colleges have them and they even offer scholarships*gasp*.......

yep, I was captain of the Yale Skeet and Trap team-four year varsity letter winner and two time All-American

I think that officers are entitled to the same legal protections, status, and belief as any other defendants in a legal case.

Right they are not entitled to a cushy law system or special privileges, which is clearly what happened here, and what usually happens to cops on the job and the wealthy...

in America the wealthy have a unjust advantage over the poor in criminal proceedings...

A Superior Court judge who sentenced a wealthy du Pont heir to probation for raping his 3-year-old daughter noted in her order that he "will not fare well" in prison and needed treatment instead of time behind bars, court records show.

http://www.delawareonline.com/story...y-preview-du-pont-heir-stayed-prison/7016769/

Some do, that's true. Many don't. Has there been a determination which one Wilson is?

Wrong. All cops have a bias that leans in their favor from courts. They ARE above the law, and almost all of them known it. In both private and public affairs I might add.

Furthermore this includes when officers commit crimes off duty. So they get the bias no matter what...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419426464925.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419426464925.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom