• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CO recalls are passing...

Hopefully these recall elections are successful. Anti-2nd amendment trash should fear passing anti-2nd amendment laws.

and if unsuccessful, weakens the anti gun turd to the point that it loses in its next election

I understand the sentiment. I just think it will be a net negative no matter where you live. Popular sentiments are too transient and I think we have better things to do with our time and energies than having endless do-over elections. If it happens enough, Constitutions will be amended.

transient emotobabbling is what caused those turds to jump on the anti freedom bandwagon

Time for paybacks

I understand the sentiment. I just think it will be a net negative no matter where you live. Popular sentiments are too transient and I think we have better things to do with our time and energies than having endless do-over elections. If it happens enough, Constitutions will be amended.

Agreed, the issue in my mind is the well understood key to elections: turn out. For a recall election, it would seem that getting the anti-candidate people to turn out would be easier than getting the pro-candidate people to turn out. It's a way to seem like you're acceding to the will of the people while what you are really doing is nullifying the normal election process. As others have said, there is a time and place for recalls, but they are being abused, as I feel is being done in this case.

Every one of the politicians targeted for a recall decided to place Party above the People. Kind of like, at the federal level, the Democrats going against the People and passing Obamacare. Because there is no recall procedures at the federal level, we had to endure those Democrats for two years before the People gave them the shellacking they deserved. Here, in Colorado, those Democrats can get their shellacking before they do any more damage.

Back
Top Bottom