• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN Softpedals Violent Leftwing Riots in Portland Yesterday. Calls the perps "Demonstrators"

Mashmont

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Demonstrators in Portland, Oregon, on Wednesday vandalized the state Democratic Party headquarters and a federal US Immigration and Customs Enforcement building. At least four demonstrations were planned in the city on Wednesday. Two of them remained peaceful, but the others resulted in "property damage and arrests," Some demonstrators were carrying pepper ball guns, fireworks, shields, rocks and "electronic control weapons similar to Tasers. CNN affiliate KOIN reported its journalists at the scene saw law enforcement use what appeared to be tear gas, along with stun grenades and pepper balls.

Shoot. No alarm here. No concern by CNN. No use of the term 'rioters'. Hell, they don't even say what side these thugs were clearly on. In fact, the undiscerning dimwit might be led to believe "Oh, my God. These Trump supporters must have done this against Democrat headquarters. Just like the media predicted!" Contrast that to the razor wire and massive security presence announced by a distressed-acting leftwing media in DC and blue state capitols, to gird for a non-existent threat from Trump supporters. But we all know the deal, don't we? It doesn't matter of the Antifa thugs kill 25 people as they did last summer. All the focus will be on the one-off (organized by the left?) orchestrated Capitol skirmish. This coverage is 100% political, as dictated by the Marxist leadership that controls the media.

The same idiots who brought us a chyron saying "Fiery But Mostly Peaceful Protests"

Demonstrators in Portland, Oregon, on Wednesday vandalized the state Democratic Party headquarters and a federal US Immigration and Customs Enforcement building. At least four demonstrations were planned in the city on Wednesday. Two of them remained peaceful, but the others resulted in "property damage and arrests," Some demonstrators were carrying pepper ball guns, fireworks, shields, rocks and "electronic control weapons similar to Tasers. CNN affiliate KOIN reported its journalists at the scene saw law enforcement use what appeared to be tear gas, along with stun grenades and pepper balls.

Shoot. No alarm here. No concern by CNN. No use of the term 'rioters'. Hell, they don't even say what side these thugs were clearly on. In fact, the undiscerning dimwit might be led to believe "Oh, my God. These Trump supporters must have done this against Democrat headquarters. Just like the media predicted!" Contrast that to the razor wire and massive security presence announced by a distressed-acting leftwing media in DC and blue state capitols, to gird for a non-existent threat from Trump supporters. But we all know the deal, don't we? It doesn't matter of the Antifa thugs kill 25 people as they did last summer. All the focus will be on the one-off (organized by the left?) orchestrated Capitol skirmish. This coverage is 100% political, as dictated by the Marxist leadership that controls the media.

from the article you linked:

"a crowd of about 150 people gathered at Revolution Hall before marching to the Oregon state Democratic Party headquarters.
Officers on bicycles encountered the protesters in a parking lot at Revolution Hall, where "(d)ozens of people pressed in on the officers and then took one of the officers' bicycles," Portland Police said in a statement. More officers arrived to help and managed to get the bicycle back. The crowd blocked officers' way as they tried to leave.

The group then left Revolution Hall and marched to the Democratic Party headquarters, where some demonstrators "smashed windows and vandalized the building," Allen said.
At one point the crowd "showed aggression by swarming officers and throwing objects," Allen said.
Footage from CNN affiliate KATU showed broken windows and an anarchy symbol spray-painted to the side of the front door, with a profane reference to newly-inaugurated President Joe Biden on the other side."

Those people that marched on the DNC sound more like Trumphumping "proud boys" and the 3% than they do "anarchists". Oregon is filled with racists of that ilk. Sounds like a different group than those that were at the ICE building. There is a very strong racist element in Oregon, and the entire state began as a "racist utopia" and so the roots go deep.

I am against vandalism, but i do think ICE does need to be abolished. They are the closest thing to a gestapo this nation has.

The leftist news media are a pack of liars.

from the article you linked:

"a crowd of about 150 people gathered at Revolution Hall before marching to the Oregon state Democratic Party headquarters.
Officers on bicycles encountered the protesters in a parking lot at Revolution Hall, where "(d)ozens of people pressed in on the officers and then took one of the officers' bicycles," Portland Police said in a statement. More officers arrived to help and managed to get the bicycle back. The crowd blocked officers' way as they tried to leave.

The group then left Revolution Hall and marched to the Democratic Party headquarters, where some demonstrators "smashed windows and vandalized the building," Allen said.
At one point the crowd "showed aggression by swarming officers and throwing objects," Allen said.
Footage from CNN affiliate KATU showed broken windows and an anarchy symbol spray-painted to the side of the front door, with a profane reference to newly-inaugurated President Joe Biden on the other side."

Those people that marched on the DNC sound more like Trumphumping "proud boys" and the 3% than they do "anarchists". Oregon is filled with racists of that ilk. Sounds like a different group than those that were at the ICE building. There is a very strong racist element in Oregon, and the entire state began as a "racist utopia" and so the roots go deep.

I am against vandalism, but i do think ICE does need to be abolished. They are the closest thing to a gestapo this nation has.

OREGON? the liberal central of the Universe is filled with proud boys? wow news to me.

or did i read that wrong?

OREGON? the liberal central of the Universe is filled with proud boys? wow news to me.

or did i read that wrong?

No, you read that absolutely right. Oregon is FILLED with the 3%, Proud Boys, and other assorted racist groups. Matter of fact, there are entire rural counties in Oregon that are worse than "sundowner" towns of the south, to this day.

Once you get outside the large cities of Portland and Eugene, and yes, even in the large cities, you will find the attitudes are pretty racist, overall. Not everyone, of course, but a surprising number of people. the so called "anarchists", most of them, are just racist cointelpro folks. seriously.

an example of what I am talking about, just one of many I could provide.

Back
Top Bottom