• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Clinton targets pledged delegates

TOJ

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It get more interesting all the time. :lol:

Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign intends to go after delegates whom Barack Obama has already won in the caucuses and primaries if she needs them to win the nomination.

And Now, The Rest of the Story

Anyone think the Clinton machine will back off must be smoking wacky-weed. :lol:

She starting to crash and burn and I say good.
Don't be too sure. I've said before and I'll say again, a lot of people have gone broke betting against the Clinton machine. ;)

Stay tuned. It's going to get curiouser and curiouser. :lol:

This would be a big mistake on Clinton's part. Its bad enough that the Democrats have disenfranchised Florida and Michigan, where the Democrat votes are very needed to win in November, can the Party really afford to disenfranchised all the Obama supporters?

I doubt the delegates are dumb enough to switch from their constituency wishes.

This would be a big mistake on Clinton's part. Its bad enough that the Democrats have disenfranchised Florida and Michigan, where the Democrat votes are very needed to win in November, can the Party really afford to disenfranchised all the Obama supporters?

I doubt the delegates are dumb enough to switch from their constituency wishes.
You are making the assumption that the Clintons care about the party. Hillary first has to get the nominaiton before party unity means anything to them.

The Clinton machine will do whatever they have to do to get nomination. The only thing that will keep them from going after Obama's delegates is if they do not need them or think it would be futile.

If Hillary does not get the nomination, the Clintons are competely marginalized in the party. After running the party as their personal fiefdom the past sixteen years, they will never be happy not being the center of attention.

You are making the assumption that the Clintons care about the party. Hillary first has to get the nominaiton before party unity means anything to them.

The Clinton machine will do whatever they have to do to get nomination. The only thing that will keep them from going after Obama's delegates is if they do not need them or think it would be futile.

If Hillary does not get the nomination, the Clintons are competely marginalized in the party. After running the party as their personal fiefdom the past sixteen years, they will never be happy not being the center of attention.

I agree that Clinton will anything to get the nomination, but that does not mean that the delegates will be dumb enough to go against the voters.

Any ideas on how Clinton could persuade the delegates to switch?

I agree that Clinton will anything to get the nomination, but that does not mean that the delegates will be dumb enough to go against the voters.

Any ideas on how Clinton could persuade the delegates to switch?
Rumors I've heard is that investigators are already digging up dirt on Obama delegates. Almost everyone has something in their background they want to keep hidden. ;)

Also, most pledged delegates are not public figures that have to stand for election so they have no real compunction to be follow the voters wishes . A whispered threat could easily sway a good many of them.

Rumors I've heard is that investigators are already digging up dirt on Obama delegates. Almost everyone has something in their background they want to keep hidden. ;)

Also, most pledged delegates are not public figures that have to stand for election so they have no real compunction to be follow the voters wishes . A whispered threat could easily sway a good many of them.

I would not put this passed the Clinton Machine actually. I hope it does not happen though. As much as I dislike Obama for the Presidency, if the voters chose him, he should be the nominee.

Back
Top Bottom