• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clinton Still Won’t Release Transcripts

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Clinton doubling down on transcripts | TheHill

Hillary Clinton “is doubling down on a strategy of not releasing transcripts of speeches she gave to Goldman Sachs and other investment banks,” The Hill reports.
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton

“………. Clinton has refused to release any of the transcripts in the face of a pressure campaign from rival candidate Bernie Sanders ……… (So she maintains…)

“………. “She’s not going to basically create a standard that isn’t applied to anyone else in this race,” said one longtime Clinton ally and confidante of her position on releasing the transcripts.
(However)
The issue has been an effective line of attack from Sanders, who has closed the gap with Clinton in national polls……….

………. It also appears to have hurt Clinton, who has seen her favorability rating in polls drop below 50 percent. Just as bad, Clinton has seen her marks fall with Americans when they are asked whether they trust her or see her as honest ………….

A rather risky decision …………. But I would assume the is nothing more than providing material for the opposition to spin and use against her………
I wonder if she can link it with the release of Trump’s tax return………. The return for 2015 this month is not being audited…….

https://politicalwire.com/2016/04/23/clinton-still-wont-release-transcripts/

Her not releasing them is damaging. If there was nothing in them and she released them, it would be over. Just like when she demanded that Bernie Sanders release his tax returns. He did. There was nothing exciting in them. They hurt Clinton, not helped her. They showed everyone that he made less in a year than she made in one speech.

Clinton doubling down on transcripts | TheHill

Hillary Clinton “is doubling down on a strategy of not releasing transcripts of speeches she gave to Goldman Sachs and other investment banks,” The Hill reports.
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton

“………. Clinton has refused to release any of the transcripts in the face of a pressure campaign from rival candidate Bernie Sanders ……… (So she maintains…)

“………. “She’s not going to basically create a standard that isn’t applied to anyone else in this race,” said one longtime Clinton ally and confidante of her position on releasing the transcripts.
(However)
The issue has been an effective line of attack from Sanders, who has closed the gap with Clinton in national polls……….

………. It also appears to have hurt Clinton, who has seen her favorability rating in polls drop below 50 percent. Just as bad, Clinton has seen her marks fall with Americans when they are asked whether they trust her or see her as honest ………….

A rather risky decision …………. But I would assume the is nothing more than providing material for the opposition to spin and use against her………
I wonder if she can link it with the release of Trump’s tax return………. The return for 2015 this month is not being audited…….

https://politicalwire.com/2016/04/23/clinton-still-wont-release-transcripts/

However much this hurts her, she won't release them. Because that's nothing compared to how much the actual transcripts getting out would hurt her.

However much this hurts her, she won't release them. Because that's nothing compared to how much the actual transcripts getting out would hurt her.

I do not know the level .....as you say "Hurt" she would bear...........to do so is rather speculative............ Which I try not to do

The mere fact that she won't release these transcripts means that she's two faced.

Once face for her Wall Street patrons who truly own her and another face for the general electorate in public.

Last edited:
The only time a politician is not lying is when their not talking.

Of course she owes some people or groups some favors if she wins. How else could she have raised so much money to spend.:mrgreen:

Is there someone else holding out on releasing speech transcripts?

Didn't someone say that no one was to even record her speeches, and everyone in attendance was not to use their cells phones? I may have misunderstood.
Anyhow, would be refreshing for all the other candidates to release their speeches. I assume they are matter of public record. If not, they should be. Why make is secretive unless you have something to hide?
But I guess we can't hold old lady Clinton to the promised transparency. She is, after all, special. She is a woman.

Didn't someone say that no one was to even record her speeches, and everyone in attendance was not to use their cells phones? I may have misunderstood.
Anyhow, would be refreshing for all the other candidates to release their speeches. I assume they are matter of public record. If not, they should be. Why make is secretive unless you have something to hide?
But I guess we can't hold old lady Clinton to the promised transparency. She is, after all, special. She is a woman.

I wonder how difficult it would be to sleaze one's way into attendance at one.

Bernie, who is the one calling for her to release these transcripts of the speeches hasn't made any speeches where he was paid $225,000 a shot. A funny thing is that Hillary required a jet, a presidential suite, and of course a transcriber as part of the deal. I'm not sure others had their speeches transcribed. But she did.

Well to date no recordings have popped up............and in light of what happened to Mitt and his 47% remark going world wide.................I believe that matter of cell phones recording was taken care of before she spoke..........

From what I gather, none of the other candidates gave speeches. So her "when everyone else does" is empty.

From what I gather, none of the other candidates gave speeches. So her "when everyone else does" is empty.

Yeah, she knows how to weasel out of a question or request, and whether they gave speeches or not, they should make the gesture just to call her bluff.
Sadly, with only one copy of transcripts each (if I understood correctly), she now had enough time to clarify ***clears throat***the words a bit.

Back
Top Bottom