• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Climate scientists - there are plenty of them out there being ignored or disregarded by mainstream media

Statement on Climate Change from 18 Scientific Associations

"Observations throughout the world make it clear that climate change is occurring, and rigorous scientific research demonstrates that the greenhouse gases emitted by human activities are the primary driver." (2009)2

American Association for the Advancement of Science

"Based on well-established evidence, about 97% of climate scientists have concluded that human-caused climate change is happening." (2014)3

American Chemical Society

"The Earth’s climate is changing in response to increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases (GHGs) and particulate matter in the atmosphere, largely as the result of human activities." (2016-2019)4

American Geophysical Union

"Based on extensive scientific evidence, it is extremely likely that human activities, especially emissions of greenhouse gases, are the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century. There is no alterative explanation supported by convincing evidence." (2019)5

It seems the two different perspectives on AGW are arguing two very different points!
The skeptical side of the conversation is saying that the climate is very complex and the climate’s sensitivity to added CO2 is likely smaller because of the roles played by the many other contributors to warming.
The AGW proponents, on the other hand keep pointing out that Human activity is having an effect on the climate!
Because the skeptical side is NOT claiming human activity is having no effect on the climate, the proponent argument is invalid!

A real conversation would be about how sensitive the climate is to added CO2.

It seems the two different perspectives on AGW are arguing two very different points!
The skeptical side of the conversation is saying that the climate is very complex and the climate’s sensitivity to added CO2 is likely smaller because of the roles played by the many other contributors to warming.
The AGW proponents, on the other hand keep pointing out that Human activity is having an effect on the climate!
Because the skeptical side is NOT claiming human activity is having no effect on the climate, the proponent argument is invalid!

A real conversation would be about how sensitive the climate is to added CO2.
Consensus is human activity is the main component of AGW

No, AGW specifically means global warming caused by human activity. The "A" in AGW stands for anthropogenic.
I know. And the consensus is that A is the main factor

There is also a very broad meaning to Human activity, some of it is green house gas emissions, but it includes aerosol clearing, land use change, and even adjustments to the temperature record.
Some of the changes should not be reversed, like atmospheric aerosols, but lessening their level did cause apparent warming,
allowing a greater percentage of available sunlight to reach the ground.

Statement on Climate Change from 18 Scientific Associations

"Observations throughout the world make it clear that climate change is occurring, and rigorous scientific research demonstrates that the greenhouse gases emitted by human activities are the primary driver." (2009)2
Sellouts to the agenda...

It's cute you have an opinion
Scientists know better than to claim fact where it isn't proven. That is anti-science to do so.

Since you provide no link for that prerogative statement, claiming 18 organizations agree, I call bullshit.

If they really said that they are sellouts.

Scientists know better than to claim fact where it isn't proven. That is anti-science to do so.

Since you provide no link for that prerogative statement, claiming 18 organizations agree, I call bullshit.

You need only ask

Want to see their names and signatures?

“Sellouts”. A new talking point!

How in the world can you have been told this dozens of times, complete with exhaustive links, over many many years but still are confused about it?

I mean, either you’re totally disingenuous, really not with it, it, most likely, lying to yourself so hard it’s not even funny.

I accept your concession
Not a concession. Just pointing out your silliness.

I knew it was located in the consensus work in the blog. What you don't know, and is unethical from that NASA blog, is that statement is obsolete and superseded.

The original appeared in 2009 and in the AAAS website, but was replaced by "Based on well-established evidence, about 97% of climate scientists have concluded that human-caused climate change is happening" in 2014. Your NASA bloggers are using obsolete material on your reference #2. I'm sure there was a huge membership uproar when they published that without a membership vote. In 2016, AAAS updated their material again. They use the same sentence, but here is the complete paragraph:

1. Climate scientists agree: Climate change is happening here and now.

Based on well-established evidence, about 97% of climate scientists have concluded that human-caused climate change is happening. This agreement is documented not just by a single study, but by a converging stream of evidence over the past two decades from surveys of scientists, content analyses of peer-reviewed studies, and public statements issued by virtually every membership organization of experts in this field. Average global temperature has increased by about 1.4˚ F over the past 100 years. Sea level is rising, and some types of extreme events—such as heat waves and heavy precipitation events– are happening more frequently. Recent scientific findings indicate that climate change is likely responsible for the increase in the intensity of many of these events in recent years.

Notice, they removed the claim that greenhouse gasses are the primary driver. I'm pretty sure they have scrubbed such language from their current statement releases. Why would they do that, if they didn't realize such a claim to be scientific malpractice?

It appears back in 2009, that the APS was one of the few large science organization that refused to repeat the propaganda. Hat's of to them.

I knew it was located in the consensus work in the blog. What you don't know, and is unethical from that NASA blog, is that statement is obsolete and superseded.

The original appeared in 2009 and in the AAAS website, but was replaced by "Based on well-established evidence, about 97% of climate scientists have concluded that human-caused climate change is happening" in 2014. Your NASA bloggers are using obsolete material on your reference #2. I'm sure there was a huge membership uproar when they published that without a membership vote. In 2016, AAAS updated their material again. They use the same sentence, but here is the complete paragraph:

Based on well-established evidence, about 97% of climate scientists have concluded that human-caused climate change is happening. This agreement is documented not just by a single study, but by a converging stream of evidence over the past two decades from surveys of scientists, content analyses of peer-reviewed studies, and public statements issued by virtually every membership organization of experts in this field. Average global temperature has increased by about 1.4˚ F over the past 100 years. Sea level is rising, and some types of extreme events—such as heat waves and heavy precipitation events– are happening more frequently. Recent scientific findings indicate that climate change is likely responsible for the increase in the intensity of many of these events in recent years.

Notice, they removed the claim that greenhouse gasses are the primary driver. I'm pretty sure they have scrubbed such language from their current statement releases. Why would they do that, if they didn't realize such a claim to be scientific malpractice?

It appears back in 2009, that the APS was one of the few large science organization that refused to repeat the propaganda. Hat's of to them.
Sure sounds like they think this is a major problem. Lol

Average global temperature has increased by about 1.4˚ F over the past 100 years. Sea level is rising, and some types of extreme events—such as heat waves and heavy precipitation events– are happening more frequently. Recent scientific findings indicate that climate change is likely responsible for the increase in the intensity of many of these events in recent years.

While the previous percentage of 97% agreement among climate scientists has been disputed a more conservative look still puts the percentage around 80% to 84% agreement among climate scientists.
Still an over whelming consensus.

Back
Top Bottom