• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Climate Nut dies after lighting himself on fire outside Supreme Court

Why would he light himself on fire and release all that carbon in the atmosphere? You would think he could find a more environmentally friendly way to make his point.
Because climate nuts really dont care about the environment: they just hate fossil fuels and people.

If we could only get more leftist nutjobs to self-immolate this would be a much safer and far better planet. I fully support his actions and sincerely hope that more leftist filth follow his very fine example.

Let's look at what this person said on the internet and who 'liked' it. @PoS @neil

Do these people expect to be taken seriously? I like when people post and/or 'like' deplorable posts such as this because it leaves no doubt; no further benefit of the doubt will be extended. Thanks.

And I'm not reacting to the abrasiveness, so their trolling (If that's what it is. This person might be seriously deplorable.) dopamine hit will have to come from somewhere else.

Let's look at what this person said on the internet and who 'liked' it. @PoS @neil

Do these people expect to be taken seriously? I like when people post and/or 'like' deplorable posts such as this because it leaves no doubt; no further benefit of the doubt will be extended. Thanks.

And I'm not reacting to the abrasiveness, so their trolling (If that's what it is. This person might be seriously deplorable.) dopamine hit will have to come from somewhere else.
If youre not going to discuss the subject then leave and take your trolling elsewhere.

When I lived in Cali the peace creep in the office next to me drove a beater. Everyday at lunch he put a quart of oil in.

It had a bumper sticker

“What have you done today to lower your carbon footprint?”

Meanwhile he leaves an oil puddle the size of Texas…. Every day.

^ Seems to think a quart-sized puddle of oil is the size of Texas.

The irony in this thread is that humans are making Earth's climate hotter, we're risking committing mass ecocide, and the nation's with nuclear weapons are risking burning everybody.

If youre not going to discuss the subject then leave and take your trolling elsewhere.

Highlighting people's antisocial behavior isn't trolling. It's quite possible that those people's antisocial behavior is trolling. Maybe you three can answer if you seriously want more people to kill themselves. @Glitch @neil

From the NY Post article: “This guy was my friend. He meditated with our sangha [Buddhist community],” Dr. K. Kritee wrote. “This act is not suicide. This is a deeply fearless act of compassion to bring attention to climate crisis. We are piecing together info but he had been planning it for at least one year.”

Reactions: PoS
This seems like a joke now but if we continue to ignore climate change it will cause so much grief Mr. Bruce may be remembered as a martyr. Like this guy:

View attachment 67387244

It's no joke.

You people are scarring the crap out of kids with your lies.

The effect you have on others with your wild-eyed BS is real.

I'd make a joke about you joining him, but I really don't want that.

I just want you clowns to STFU.

Self-immolation as a form of protest isn't new.

Last week we were bitching about the dumb eco terrorists who wanted to slash rich people's tires.

No amount of making fun of his death will shield us from the consequences of climate inaction. <-- This is what people should actually be focused on.

Yeah....that nasty consequence.

The sun will keep rising in the east and setting in the west....just terrible.

This chart is from today.

This headline is from today.

Emergency declaration for multiple wildfires in New Mexico​

New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham has signed emergency declarations as 20 wildfires continued to burn Sunday in nearly half of the state’s drought-stricken 33 counties

Hide your head in the sand if you like, I'd like my child and grandchildren to have a future.

ever consider it is easy to recognize 'crazy' when it involves beliefs you personally don't believe in

for example eco social justice warriors might be willing to look the other way for something that one w/ any common sense would find basically 'craze'

View attachment 67387263

yet OTOH there are 'conservatives' who don't seem to believe there is anything to be concerned about WRT climate change

View attachment 67387266

They do like spam in Hawaii.

Highlighting people's antisocial behavior isn't trolling. It's quite possible that those people's antisocial behavior is trolling. Maybe you three can answer if you seriously want more people to kill themselves. @Glitch @neil
The only one who displays antisocial behavior is you and your incessant trolling, so congrats on making an ironic post again.

The real danger here is that there is a non scientific undercurrent in this concept of AGW,
that leads people to believe that Human caused global warming will cause Earth to be come uninhabitable.
There is speculation of unknown tipping points, but the reality is that if such a tipping point existed,
we would have never cooled down into any of the glacial periods in the last million years.
Several of the earlier interglacial periods were several degrees C warmer than we are now, without tipping anything.
As for CO2 emissions, The climate's sensitivity to added CO2 is mostly an educated guess.
It benefits no one to spread fear and panic about the future!

The real danger here is that there is a non scientific undercurrent in this concept of AGW,
that leads people to believe that Human caused global warming will cause Earth to be come uninhabitable.
There is speculation of unknown tipping points, but the reality is that if such a tipping point existed,
we would have never cooled down into any of the glacial periods in the last million years.
Several of the earlier interglacial periods were several degrees C warmer than we are now, without tipping anything.
As for CO2 emissions, The climate's sensitivity to added CO2 is mostly an educated guess.
It benefits no one to spread fear and panic about the future!

nonsense​

noun

non·sense | \ ˌnän-ˌsen(t)s , ˈnän(t)-sən(t)s \

Definition of nonsense

(Entry 1 of 2)
1a: words or language having no meaning or conveying no intelligible ideas"And the mome raths outgrabe" is pure nonsense.
b(1): language, conduct, or an idea that is absurd or contrary to good senseTo regard the struggle for existence as tragic, however, is logical nonsense.— O. B. Hardison Jr.
(2): an instance of absurd actionToday's teenagers are … sharp observers of the nonsenses of adult life and society …— Bernard Trafford
2a: things of no importance or value : TRIFLESthe raincoats are classic, without any nonsense— New Yorker
b: affected or impudent conducttook no nonsense from subordinatesThe teacher tolerated no nonsense in her classroom.
3: genetic information consisting of one or more codons that do not code for any amino acid and usually cause termination of the molecular chain in protein synthesis (see SYNTHESIS sense 1)

nonsense​

noun

non·sense | \ ˌnän-ˌsen(t)s , ˈnän(t)-sən(t)s \

Definition of nonsense

(Entry 1 of 2)
1a: words or language having no meaning or conveying no intelligible ideas"And the mome raths outgrabe" is pure nonsense.
b(1): language, conduct, or an idea that is absurd or contrary to good senseTo regard the struggle for existence as tragic, however, is logical nonsense.— O. B. Hardison Jr.
(2): an instance of absurd actionToday's teenagers are … sharp observers of the nonsenses of adult life and society …— Bernard Trafford
2a: things of no importance or value : TRIFLESthe raincoats are classic, without any nonsense— New Yorker
b: affected or impudent conducttook no nonsense from subordinatesThe teacher tolerated no nonsense in her classroom.
3: genetic information consisting of one or more codons that do not code for any amino acid and usually cause termination of the molecular chain in protein synthesis (see SYNTHESIS sense 1)
If you wise to discuss any of the points I stated technically, and show where you think I am wrong,
please carryon!

How can they be coming for me when 'they' don't even know where I live? Now if I were a republican, I would be afraid I'm being spied upon by jewish space lasers and my microwave.

How do you know they don't know where you live?

Back
Top Bottom