• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Climate crsis is always with us.

View attachment 67313398

Now we have louder calls for action and doom. No other changes.

Has nothing at all to do with the solid science that has shown that CO2 produced by human activities is causing global warming and that its highly negative effects are already showing up and will only get worse.

Has nothing at all to do with the solid science that has shown that CO2 produced by human activities is causing global warming and that its highly negative effects are already showing up and will only get worse.
Only significant impact of increased CO2 so far;

1610639868920.png

View attachment 67313398

Now we have louder calls for action and doom. No other changes.

This appears to be 20 years before Arrhenius first proposed AGW. But more to the point it really is just a comment on differences in the weather in a certain locale.

Rather different from the now well established concept of global climate change.

This appears to be 20 years before Arrhenius first proposed AGW. But more to the point it really is just a comment on differences in the weather in a certain locale.

Rather different from the now well established concept of global climate change.
Us humans have a thing of looking at the weather and claiming it is a portent of doom. That the world is about to end.

Today that is dressed up in psudoscience.

A goats entrails are probably better at guessing the climate in 30 years than the computer models used by the Alarmists.

Us humans have a thing of looking at the weather and claiming it is a portent of doom. That the world is about to end.

Weather is not climate.

Today that is dressed up in psudoscience.

And how are you equipped to determine what is pseudoscience?

A goats entrails are probably better at guessing the climate in 30 years than the computer models used by the Alarmists.

That's utter hyperbole.

Weather is not climate.

Which is the bit you are not getting.

And how are you equipped to determine what is pseudoscience?

I have physics and maths to 18 years old. Whilst this is not exactly a high level it allows me to understand basic stuff such as the impact on the day length of any supposed ice melt at the poles. Much more basic maths, stuff I did when I was 9, allows me to understand that the claims of Greenland losing ice mass are drivel. The outflow of Greenland is around 100Gt/yr. Maybe 250Gt/yr if you believe the stretched up figure, although this would require a flow rate of 3 times the Mississippi, not there when you look at the map. The total snow fall on Greenland is easily 800Gt/yr. Ice mass is simply not possible no matter what NASA says.

That's utter hyperbole.

What? Saying that there is nothingt to worry about is hyperbolic?? You have lost your head if you believe that.

If you have read that you will be able to talk about a single place on the earth and a single bad aspect so we can look at it in detail. Go for it.

No, I explicitly got it in my reply to the OP.

I have physics and maths to 18 years old. Whilst this is not exactly a high level it allows me to understand basic stuff such as the impact on the day length of any supposed ice melt at the poles. Much more basic maths, stuff I did when I was 9, allows me to understand that the claims of Greenland losing ice mass are drivel.

Drivel?

The outflow of Greenland is around 100Gt/yr. Maybe 250Gt/yr if you believe the stretched up figure, although this would require a flow rate of 3 times the Mississippi, not there when you look at the map. The total snow fall on Greenland is easily 800Gt/yr. Ice mass is simply not possible no matter what NASA says.

Your physics training should then allow you to understand the very real danger of fresh water running off into the North Atlantic and how it could possibly alter the thermohaline circulation.

But that aside, Greenland IS losing ice mass. Whether you like it or not. I doubt that teaching physics and math to high school kids is quite the same as being out on Greenland actually studying it, so I'll leave it to the professionals.

(Also: you DO realize how hilarious it is when you say "no matter what NASA says", right? That's one of the funnier things I've read this morning)

What? Saying that there is nothingt to worry about is hyperbolic?? You have lost your head if you believe that.

No, your point about goat entrails being equivalent to models was hyperbolic.

Who to believe, climate scientists on a worldwide basis or a denier ranter in a chat forum?
That one is easy.

I have physics and maths to 18 years old. Whilst this is not exactly a high level it allows me to understand basic stuff such as the impact on the day length of any supposed ice melt at the poles. Much more basic maths, stuff I did when I was 9, allows me to understand that the claims of Greenland losing ice mass are drivel. The outflow of Greenland is around 100Gt/yr. Maybe 250Gt/yr if you believe the stretched up figure, although this would require a flow rate of 3 times the Mississippi, not there when you look at the map. The total snow fall on Greenland is easily 800Gt/yr. Ice mass is simply not possible no matter what NASA says.

If you have read that you will be able to talk about a single place on the earth and a single bad aspect so we can look at it in detail. Go for it.

Are you a climate scientist?

Who to believe, climate scientists on a worldwide basis or a denier ranter in a chat forum?
That one is easy.
You should be able to belive yourself and be able to asses stuff yourself.

Are you a climate scientist?
I don't need to be to spot the bleeding obvious.

You seem to have zero scientific understanding. That means it is impossible to explain anything at all to you.

Varin had cause for concern. He had witnessed three dramatic events - all of which were harbingers of doom.

“Before the Rök Runestone was erected, a number of events occurred which must have seemed extremely ominousm,”

About 800 AD.

No, I explicitly got it in my reply to the OP.

Drivel?

Your physics training should then allow you to understand the very real danger of fresh water running off into the North Atlantic and how it could possibly alter the thermohaline circulation.

But that aside, Greenland IS losing ice mass. Whether you like it or not. I doubt that teaching physics and math to high school kids is quite the same as being out on Greenland actually studying it, so I'll leave it to the professionals.

(Also: you DO realize how hilarious it is when you say "no matter what NASA says", right? That's one of the funnier things I've read this morning)

No, your point about goat entrails being equivalent to models was hyperbolic.
Nope. The vertical circulation to the deep ocean is driven by the fact that water has a mximum density at 4c. This will continue to drive the cirrculation where ever the point of mixing between cold and warm waters happens.

The North Atlantic convayor moves hundreds of giga tonnes a second and is wind driven. So the slight change in the ammount of fesh water entering this will have no impact on the wind driven circulation.

I don't need to be to spot the bleeding obvious.

You seem to have zero scientific understanding. That means it is impossible to explain anything at all to you.

Denier rants are not "explanations", FYI.

You should be able to belive yourself and be able to asses stuff yourself.

I do assess. I assess decades of research and data by climate scientists as opposed to rants by deniers in a chat forum, and I assess who to believe, and it's easy to do so.

I do assess. I assess decades of research and data by climate scientists as opposed to rants by deniers in a chat forum, and I assess who to believe, and it's easy to do so.
It should not be the person you are assesing. It should be the argument and the evidence.

It should not be the person you are assesing. It should be the argument and the evidence.

The climate scientists already do that for me. It would be ridiculous for me to try to do independent research because I am not trained in that discipline. Are you?

The climate scientists already do that for me. It would be ridiculous for me to try to do independent research because I am not trained in that discipline. Are you?
Enough to spot some obvious lies that are peddled at me.

There presumably are far more that I am missing but I get some of them.

Back
Top Bottom