• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Classified Info Found on Past Secretaries' Private Email

I look forward to all the threads you will start on prosecuting Bush's Secretaries of State, and will especially enjoy your outrage at their actions.

I've already said that numerous times.

I am a big fan of General Petraeus but I think the prosecution was justified. Given he was found guilty of one count of releasing classified documents I would only want Clinton's punishment to be 2,000 times worse.

Other Secretaries Handled Classified Material on Private Email, State Dept. Concludes - ABC News

The State Department’s internal investigation arm issued a final memorandum today on the email practices of past and current secretaries of state, and it said definitively that past secretaries handled classified material on unclassified email systems.

The same claims were made in an early February memo when the State Department's inspector general first announced it was conducting a records review related to the email accounts of five secretaries of state -- Madeline Albright, Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, Hillary Clinton and John Kerry -- and their immediate staff.

------

Hmmm. Looks like this horrible felonious behavior was pretty common. I wonder when Fox News is going to call for Condi Rice's prosecution?

Sounds like you agree with Fox News and are acknowledging that Hillary should be prosecuted.

Other Secretaries Handled Classified Material on Private Email, State Dept. Concludes - ABC News Classified Info Found on Past Secretaries' Private Email The State Department’s internal investigation arm issued a final memorandum today on the email practices of past and current secretaries of state, and it said definitively that past secretaries handled classified material on unclassified email systems. The same claims were made in an early February memo when the State Department's inspector general first announced it was conducting a records review related to the email accounts of five secretaries of state -- Madeline Albright, Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, Hillary Clinton and John Kerry -- and their immediate staff. Hmmm. Looks like this horrible felonious behavior was pretty common. I wonder when Fox News is going to call for Condi Rice's prosecution?
Clinton's fingerprints are all over this. Read the entire link.

Funny how you see a lot of foaming at the mouth about how evil this practice is, but when it's shown to be pretty standard, the conversation shifts to statues of limitations.

Once again, it's clear that the issue is not emails. It's hate for Clinton.

Hillary Clinton is about the most corrupt and disgusting candidate to run for office in American history. The fact that you support her, well......

And you did exactly what I thought you would do, not answer the question but offer the, "but they did it" argument.

Your statements:
"The same claims were made in an early February memo when the State Department's inspector general first announced it was conducting a records review related to the email accounts of five secretaries of state -- Madeline Albright, Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, Hillary Clinton and John Kerry -- and their immediate staff."
"Ah. You've looked into the statue of limitations for this?
I don't recall 'treason' having a statute of limitations!"

Are you stating that Clinton committed treason?

You seem to be irony impaired also.

This tends to happen when a point is scored against you, I think.

You seem to be irony impaired also.

This tends to happen when a point is scored against you, I think.

You still didn't answer the question. If you answered it honestly we could progress with the conversation to other points but you just seem to find it impossible to answer the question. It would be glaringly apparent that you are avoiding the question. That isn't scoring points, it is diversion, obfuscation, erroneous pontification but it isn't scoring anything. It isn't even ironic as I expected it.
Your statements:
"The same claims were made in an early February memo when the State Department's inspector general first announced it was conducting a records review related to the email accounts of five secretaries of state -- Madeline Albright, Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, Hillary Clinton and John Kerry -- and their immediate staff."

Other Secretaries Handled Classified Material on Private Email, State Dept. Concludes - ABC News

The State Department’s internal investigation arm issued a final memorandum today on the email practices of past and current secretaries of state, and it said definitively that past secretaries handled classified material on unclassified email systems.

The same claims were made in an early February memo when the State Department's inspector general first announced it was conducting a records review related to the email accounts of five secretaries of state -- Madeline Albright, Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, Hillary Clinton and John Kerry -- and their immediate staff.

------

Hmmm. Looks like this horrible felonious behavior was pretty common. I wonder when Fox News is going to call for Condi Rice's prosecution?

1) There were 12 emails found that were 'classified' on all of the others. (Kerry and Powell each had 2/3... Condi's staff is said to have the remainder... not Condi) There have been over 2000 found on Hillary's.

2) The emails were classified for non-security reasons. Unlike Hillary's.

You still didn't answer the question. If you answered it honestly we could progress with the conversation to other points but you just seem to find it impossible to answer the question. It would be glaringly apparent that you are avoiding the question. That isn't scoring points, it is diversion, obfuscation, erroneous pontification but it isn't scoring anything. It isn't even ironic as I expected it.
Your statements:

Nope. I'm saying all the people whining about it now have to face the fact that Condi Rice did it too. You'll hear the words 'felony' and 'treason' a lot less for now.. Until they forget about it.

Did she wipe it clean, does not sound like it was? Now back to the question, what is you take on all the other peoples emails that have the same sort of information or is there only One person you want to go after, try being honest, for a change.

She did wipe it clean but the FBI was able to get the information off of it anyway. I don't think you read my post. What bothers me is that she lied about it all, deleted emails she shouldn't have, and wiped the server clean, hoping the FBI would not be able to resurrect it. Please tell me anyone else who did all this. I don't know of anyone.

Guess you had the same problem with the GOP when they did it right? You also demanded their heads correct?

Who else lied about it, deleted emails, and wiped the server clean before handing it over to authorities? I don't know of anyone in the GOP who did that. Please enlighten me.

She did wipe it clean but the FBI was able to get the information off of it anyway. I don't think you read my post. What bothers me is that she lied about it all, deleted emails she shouldn't have, and wiped the server clean, hoping the FBI would not be able to resurrect it. Please tell me anyone else who did all this. I don't know of anyone.

If anyone did so in the past and they did it properly no one would ever know, ever seen what a high power magnet does to a hard drive, let's just say all the bites align, and that is that, in place of that there is a thing called a nice bonfire, which have rid the world of many unwanted things. As I said we shall see, until proven otherwise I doubt anything more than a slap on the hand will come out of this entire affair.

Nope. I'm saying all the people whining about it now have to face the fact that Condi Rice did it too. You'll hear the words 'felony' and 'treason' a lot less for now.. Until they forget about it.

Since you keep avoiding answering the question and dance around the issue (claiming Rice, Dullbright, Kerry and and Powell committed treason) and won't address whether your same charge of Hillary. Either think Hillary committed treason or none of them committed treason and you just stated that for the over the top drama. I want to go one issue at a time here and then move on to the next issue. Either they all committed treason or they didn't. Which is it?

Since you keep avoiding answering the question and dance around the issue (claiming Rice, Dullbright, Kerry and and Powell committed treason) and won't address whether your same charge of Hillary. Either think Hillary committed treason or none of them committed treason and you just stated that for the over the top drama. I want to go one issue at a time here and then move on to the next issue. Either they all committed treason or they didn't. Which is it?

Yet I never claimed anyone committed treason, did I? Unless you dont get irony. You want to go one issue at a time because you think slowly. We're all three steps ahead of you, man. Get to your partisan point already.

Yet I never claimed anyone committed treason, did I? Unless you dont get irony. You want to go one issue at a time because you think slowly. We're all three steps ahead of you, man. Get to your partisan point already.

You pretty much did. I have no idea how this could be interpreted any differently. You are the only one in that conversation that mentioned, used, introduced the word "treason".
Considering that it is past the statute of limitations, that would seem like a silly thing to do
Ah. You've looked into the statue of limitations for this?
I don't recall 'treason' having a statute of limitations!
This isn't about irony. You can call it anything you want but this is about a statement that you made. I am only asking you to verify your opinion.
Your statements:

Let's just bargain it down to the plea deal that Petraeus got, and then penalize her for each infraction consecutively.

That would be lifetime ban from holding a clearance, lifetime probation, and a mere $200,000,000 in fines.

I don't see the need to lock Hilary up if we take everything away from her.

The key for me (and I'm not a Hillary fan) is whether the emails were classified at the time or retroactively classified after the fact.

Truth of the matter is of all the criticisms I have of Hillary Clinton (enough criticisms for me to have serious reservations about voting for her even though I'm a Dem), I find this to really be a non-issue, even more of one than Benghazi. And like Benghazi, rank of hypocrisy from the tea baggers. Plenty of Bush admin. high ranking officials used private emails. Plenty of embassies have been attacked where Americans died under Bush, Reagan, as I'm sure every president nearly.

Why not focus on her rampant corruption and personal connections to Wall Street? Why won't she release the transcripts of her speeches. That's what I'd like to know and what I'd like to see Republicans give her **** for.

Geezus, I feel like I'm watching a marionettist making his puppet dance. He is either being intentionally obtuse or you tripped him up so badly he can't even articulate an answer.

Geezus, I feel like I'm watching a marionettist making his puppet dance. He is either being intentionally obtuse or you tripped him up so badly he can't even articulate an answer.

It is kind of both and it is getting old. I really want to get this cleared up so we can move on to the next issue. If we don't go one issue at a time I am going to have to chase goal posts and I hate that.

The key for me (and I'm not a Hillary fan) is whether the emails were classified at the time or retroactively classified after the fact.

Truth of the matter is of all the criticisms I have of Hillary Clinton (enough criticisms for me to have serious reservations about voting for her even though I'm a Dem), I find this to really be a non-issue, even more of one than Benghazi. And like Benghazi, rank of hypocrisy from the tea baggers. Plenty of Bush admin. high ranking officials used private emails. Plenty of embassies have been attacked where Americans died under Bush, Reagan, as I'm sure every president nearly.

Why not focus on her rampant corruption and personal connections to Wall Street? Why won't she release the transcripts of her speeches. That's what I'd like to know and what I'd like to see Republicans give her **** for.

Some were and some weren't. The majority of them were NOT retroactively classified. Most of them were born classified or conveyed information that was already classified by another agency. The way to determine that is to look at the email and see when date is that the email will be declassified. Subtract 25 years from that and it will tell you when the information was classified.

Some were and some weren't. The majority of them were NOT retroactively classified. The way to determine that is to look at the email and see when date is that the email will be declassified. Subtract 25 years from that and it will tell you when the information was classified.

Either way, I guess I just don't really care or see how this helps republicans. Republicans looked bad after Benghazi and I don't think this email thing will be seen by the public as much of an issue either.

Is that the way it works? If other Secretaries of State get caught for treason they all go free?

Either way, I guess I just don't really care or see how this helps republicans. Republicans looked bad after Benghazi and I don't think this email thing will be seen by the public as much of an issue either.

The Director of the FBI is appointed by Obama as is the Attorney General. That is a little different than Issa and a committee. The DOJ and FBI have the authority to do more than a committee does.

Is that the way it works? If other Secretaries of State get caught for treason they all go free?

The hyper partisan hyperbole doesn't really help your case or look good to the average American voter and the world. Sending emails through her private email is a far cry from "treasonous."

You know what is treason that she and most other politicians are committing? Colluding with big bankers and corporations by accepting financial incentives (bribes) to pass legislation ****ing over the average American people. I'm very little concerned with her emails in comparison.

------

So our governors are more interested in keeping what they're doing secret from the rest of the government than from the 24/7 ambitions of hackers the world over including our enemies. Meanwhile, Hillary doesn't give a **** what Fox News thinks, she's going to be the president.

Back
Top Bottom