• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Christmas Under Attack?

Repubteen

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I just want your opinion on Christmas in the media,stores and schools. Because you see frequently in the news, Christmas being questioned in regard to those issues.

Repubteen said:
I just want your opinion on Christmas in the media,stores and schools. Because you see frequently in the news, Christmas being questioned in regard to those issues.

Christians abandoned Xmas many years ago as a Holy day. I cant really blame them since it isnt the birthday of the Christ anyway. Some still celebrate the meaning of the original though....we call it Yule, and celebrate it much as they did long ago.....or so we think.

Christmas, like Halloween, has gradually become more commercial each year. Though Christmas is still related to Christianity, the influence of Christmas as a day of worship has diminished each year. Halloween, which was once part of the Celtic and Roman traditions of honoring the dead, has long since lost its tradition. Now it is a time to wear costumes and get free candy. Christmas has not become as superficial as Halloween, but is going down that road. Obviously for political correctness, schools and stores have adopted a "holiday season" veil, which is as subtle as a sledge hammer in guising the celebration of Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom