• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Christians - Do you believe in reincarnation?

Gibberish said:
I do and I believe it is a choice.
Cool, are you a Christian??

Also, Christians, read this:
Devarim 13:1-4

1. Everything I command you that you shall be careful to do it. You shall neither add to it, nor subtract from it.
2. If there will arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of a dream, and he gives you a sign or a wonder,
3. and the sign or the wonder of which he spoke to you happens, [and he] says, "Let us go after other gods which you have not known, and let us worship them,"
4. you shall not heed the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of a dream; for the Lord, your God, is testing you, to know whether you really love the Lord, your God, with all your heart and with all your soul.

Now, why do Christians not believe in reincarnation? Did Yeshua change this belief?

Binyamin said:
See topic.

I believe in reincarnation although I am not really considered a Christian.

However, I do practice Christian Philosophy.

According to the Gospels, Jesus Christ did believe in reincarnation.

In fact according to the Gospels Jesus claims that John the Baptist is the Reincarnation of Elijah.

St. Mathew 17: 10-13

And the Disciples asked of Jesus,
"Why do the scribes say that Elijah must first come?"

And Jesus Answered,
"Elijah truly shall first come and restore all things."

"But I say unto you, that Elijah has already come, and they knew him not, but did to him what they wished." (cut off his head)
"Likewise, the son of man shall suffer of them."

Then the disciples knew that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

Now, some of you Christians may say, well Elijah did not die, he was taken up into outer space in a UFO.

This is true, however, we have the account of the birth of John the Baptist (Christs cousin) in Luke Chapter 1.

So by this logic it is fair to assume that Elijah did die at some point, and his soul entered the body of "John the Baptist," as is pointed out by Jesus Christ in the afore mentioned passage.

That is, according to the Gospel.

Lucidthots said:

However, I do practice Christian Philosophy.

According to the Gospels, Jesus Christ did believe in reincarnation.

In fact according to the Gospels Jesus claims that John the Baptist is the Reincarnation of Elijah.

St. Mathew 17: 10-13

And the Disciples asked of Jesus,
"Why do the scribes say that Elijah must first come?"

And Jesus Answered,
"Elijah truly shall first come and restore all things."

"But I say unto you, that Elijah has already come, and they knew him not, but did to him what they wished." (cut off his head)
"Likewise, the son of man shall suffer of them."

Then the disciples knew that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

Now, some of you Christians may say, well Elijah did not die, he was taken up into outer space in a UFO.

This is true, however, we have the account of the birth of John the Baptist (Christs cousin) in Luke Chapter 1.

So by this logic it is fair to assume that Elijah did die at some point, and his soul entered the body of "John the Baptist," as is pointed out by Jesus Christ in the afore mentioned passage.

That is, according to the Gospel.
Here is the Topic!

Lucidthots said:
Here is the Topic!
Thanks, didn't see this reply. First thing I notice is this.

Lucidthots said:

I wonder if this is mainstream Christianity...

Binyamin said:
Thanks, didn't see this reply. First thing I notice is this.

I wonder if this is mainstream Christianity...

Most Christians utterly deny reincarnation even though it appears ion their own book.

Why?

Because they are illiterate.

Back
Top Bottom