• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chinese zoo has 'Panda dogs'! Some not so amused. (1 Viewer)

Chock Full o Nuts

Voting for Pedro!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
A zoo in East China's Jiangsu Province has recently put on display two Chow Chow dogs dyed black and white to resemble giant pandas to attract more visitors.
"This is just a new display we offer to visitors. We are not charging extra. The wording featuring Chow Chow dogs is correct and exactly describes what they are, so we are not cheating our visitors," a ticket seller stated.
At the same time, she admitted that the visit volume has increased in the past few days.
Chen, a visitor who posted a video clip that went viral online, said that the area around the zoo experienced traffic jams and after hearing passersby talking about giant pandas she decided to head to the local zoo to see them, however, once arrived to the display area, she realized the displayed animals were not giant pandas at all, but Chow Chow dogs.

Liu Qiuming, a staff member of the Taizhou Zoo, said that the zoo is not a high-level facility and the "giant panda" scheme was introduced to attract more visitors and improve their experience.
Can't get Pandas?., next best thing! 🤷‍♂️ They are kinda cute though.

Deeply deeply stupid.

And I'd think it was hilarious if I trusted that the dyes actually were safe (that, from an article elsewhere), but...well.. guess why I think they didn't bother to worry about that.

Deeply deeply stupid.

And I'd think it was hilarious if I trusted that the dyes actually were safe
Well, not exactly hilarious, and yes the safety aspect crossed my mind at the start. Of course, this article speaks of it, but does not confirm.
(that, from an article elsewhere),
Link to saying safe ones were not used here?
but...well.. guess why I think they didn't bother to worry about that.
Because they have plenty other to eat?.. 🤷‍♂️ 😔

Link to saying safe ones were not used here?

Huh?

I didn't assert that safe ones were not used, as a factual claim. I just questioned whether I'd trust a small time Chinese zoo when it says safe ones were used once the story broke and people got mad.... and the saying that safe ones were used comes from the other article I read (I think WaPo).

Huh?

I didn't assert that safe ones were not used, as a factual claim. I just questioned whether I'd trust a small time Chinese zoo when it says safe ones were used once the story broke and people got mad.... and the saying that safe ones were used comes from the other article I read (I think WaPo).
Oh, was reading into your reply as you read elsewhere that unsafe was 'most likely' used. Misunderstanding.
Of course one would hope safe ones were used. Not like here they want them to fall ill. Trying to make money.
Or they just dye more?...

Bet they don't taste like panda.

That is one strange fundraiser. Desperate times?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom