• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

China Calls for "No Delay" in US Gun Control

Indeed America shouldn't lose to commies. But your response to that was "you don't want to throw our 1 million violent felons in jail", which if you're going to come at me for making stupid argument you must also acknowledge your own incredibly stupid and argument.
Horse****. What I said was that those people that are in prison are there for a reason and that reason has nothing to do with the Chinese OR US government, cute national slogans, or any other reason other than they deserve to be there and for you to drag that into the mix was stupid.

Well it is interesting that you are locked in this issue and still find it amusing. So not enough fMRI's huh?

Not enough MONEY OR fMRIs. Not to mention the wonderfully efficient government we have...clearly you have never dealt with state or federal government here. Getting a background check takes long enough. Heck you have to wait like 4 hours at the DMV. I DO find it amusing when people who don't understand our laws comment on them.

1 - agreed, 2 - I don't give a **** how mass murderers are treated, 3 - Slippery slope is the boogieman fear to appeal but only adapted to adults.

1) Good.

2) It isn't about "mass murderers." Even though they have rights as criminals...it is about the rights of law abiding citizens like me to NOT be treated like mass murderers by law enforcement. It is why we have our 4th Amendment. If you want to be mad about a law...be mad about that one. The 4th Amendment is singly the most difficult law for cops to deal with because it requires them to get a warrant before searching someone or their home.

3) Except the slippery slope occurred in EVERY European nation. Let's play this with the 4th Amendment. The police shouldn't need a search warrant to search your vehicle or home. If you didn't do anything illegal...you don't need to be worried. Nevermind the intrusiveness. Nevermind that it is a major inconvenience. Nevermind that you are allowing people to dig into your personal life.

I don't live in USA I live in Dardania. As stated the criminals can get them illegally as they should, and not legally allowed from the government so as to shoot the innocent, they can be filtered through fMRI.

Clearly. Honestly...I had to google Dardania to even find out where that is. My autocorrect doesn't even recognize it.

LMAO! So you are telling me an fMRI can determine if a human being has the capacity to commit a crime? Really? I think I am done. This comment was single handedly the most hilarious joke of a concept approach to gun control I have heard.

Horse****. What I said was that those people that are in prison are there for a reason and that reason has nothing to do with the Chinese OR US government, cute national slogans, or any other reason other than they deserve to be there and for you to drag that into the mix was stupid.

Hmmm

We have over 1 million violent felonies committed each year. In your world, those people SHOULDNT be incarcerated? In your world, their incarceration is somehow the fault of living in the 'land of the free'? People should be jailed...for their actions, not their GPS location.

Interesting. You accuse me of making stupid arguments, go on an aggressive attack how I can't even look at my own posts, and blah blah blah. And here you are accusing me of not wanting to incarcerate violent felons because I compared the incarceration rate of the United States (which reigns supreme as the World's HIGHEST incarceration rate per capita) to that of China and claimed there's a problem when the US is so disproportionately out of phase with the rest of the world that even Communists jail less folk. And you cannot look at your post and be honest enough to admit that you've done just that. Hysterics and trying to jump at me too quickly to realize what you yourself were doing.

So no, I do not want to get rid of all jails, I do not want to release violent felons. But there is something wrong today in the US with the shear number of people we throw in jail, and if you want to find that an incredulous and stupid statement; then by all means do so. But don't expect me to give a **** about your oversensitive overreactions either.

Hmmm

Interesting. You accuse me of making stupid arguments, go on an aggressive attack how I can't even look at my own posts, and blah blah blah. And here you are accusing me of not wanting to incarcerate violent felons because I compared the incarceration rate of the United States (which reigns supreme as the World's HIGHEST incarceration rate per capita) to that of China and claimed there's a problem when the US is so disproportionately out of phase with the rest of the world that even Communists jail less folk. And you cannot look at your post and be honest enough to admit that you've done just that. Hysterics and trying to jump at me too quickly to realize what you yourself were doing.

So no, I do not want to get rid of all jails, I do not want to release violent felons. But there is something wrong today in the US with the shear number of people we throw in jail, and if you want to find that an incredulous and stupid statement; then by all means do so. But don't expect me to give a **** about your oversensitive overreactions either.
Reconcile the stupidity of your statement with the facts and get your answer. IF in fact those people SHOULD be incarcerated your comments were beyond stupid. IF you believe we should have less people incarcerated simply because we are a muricuh...land of the free...then your comments were stupid. No matter how you slice it...your comments were stupid. Deal with it.

We dont have too many people in prison...we have too few. We have a million violent offenses a year which means if anything we arent doing a good enough job putting people in prison and keeping them in prison. Comparing the two countries is ridiculous.

Reconcile the stupidity of your statement with the facts and get your answer. IF in fact those people SHOULD be incarcerated your comments were beyond stupid. IF you believe we should have less people incarcerated simply because we are a muricuh...land of the free...then your comments were stupid. No matter how you slice it...your comments were stupid. Deal with it.

We dont have too many people in prison...we have too few. We have a million violent offenses a year which means if anything we arent doing a good enough job putting people in prison and keeping them in prison. Comparing the two countries is ridiculous.

1 Million violent felons and a prison population of almost 2.5 million. Yeah...too few are being thrown in jail. I think that the exorbitant number of people in jail coupled with the fact that over half are there for nonviolent crimes, does show a problem with "land of the free"

You can have the 1 million violent felons in jail and our prison population STILL is reduced. So continue with idiotic arguments and hysteria and your hypocritical denigration of my posts that you cannot hold to yourself. Idiocy, hypocrisy, and hysteria have made up your entire rebuttal and are thus moot.

When you can look over your own posts and admit the stupidity you posted, then you can come pointing fingers at me. But till that point, keep your rocks to yourself, you don't want to shatter your own glass house.

1 Million violent felons and a prison population of almost 2.5 million. Yeah...too few are being thrown in jail. I think that the exorbitant number of people in jail coupled with the fact that over half are there for nonviolent crimes, does show a problem with "land of the free"

You can have the 1 million violent felons in jail and our prison population STILL is reduced. So continue with idiotic arguments and hysteria and your hypocritical denigration of my lists that you cannot hold to yourself. Idiocy, hypocrisy, and hysteria have made up your entire rebuttal and are thus moot.

When you can loom over your own posts and admit the stupidity you posted, then you can come pointing fingers at me. But till that point, keep your rocks to yourself, you don't want to shatter your own glass house.
And I think we both would agree drug offenders dont need to be there but that most offenders DO need to be there. The two prison populations simply cannot be compared. China's prison system is not superior because America has a larger percentage of people in prison. We have people in prison because they belong there. Getting non-violent offenders out of prison would simply make room for more violent offenders.

Ive compared our posts. Sorry...your comments re the comparison of China/US prison systems and populations as a means of perceived superiority were stupid.

Sure Apple Microsoft and Walmart don't have Chinese children working in harsh conditions.

Apple, Microsoft, and Walmart buy product from China. I was not aware that they have any children working in harsh conditions.

BTW, you typed your response on an Android, Windows, or Apple format.

And I think we both would agree drug offenders dont need to be there but that most offenders DO need to be there. The two prison populations simply cannot be compared. China's prison system is not superior because America has a larger percentage of people in prison. We have people in prison because they belong there. Getting non-violent offenders out of prison would simply make room for more violent offenders.

Ive compared our posts. Sorry...your comments re the comparison of China/US prison systems and populations as a means of perceived superiority were stupid.

I never said China was superior, you're making assumptions. I said that we jail way more than commies and that the huge numbers we put up is suspect for a country supposedly "land of the free".

And your hysterical retort of claiming I don't want to jail violent felons because I question our incarceration rate is beyond stupid. As I said, Mr. Glass House, you don't want to be throwing rocks here. When you can look over and admit the stupidity of your own posts, then you may demand that others do the same.

We own and control the Chinese children and exploit them. Calling their leaders corrupt and commies or whatever is dumb.

You're kidding, right? But just in case you're not, how do I get on the list to buy one of those Chinese children?

I never said China was superior, you're making assumptions. I said that we jail way more than commies and that the huge numbers we put up is suspect for a country supposedly "land of the free".

And your hysterical retort of claiming I don't want to jail violent felons because I question our incarceration rate is beyond stupid. As I said, Mr. Glass House, you don't want to be throwing rocks here. When you can look over and admit the stupidity of your own posts, then you may demand that others do the same.
How is putting people in prison that violate the law 'suspect' for a country that is the "land of the free"? Being free from tyranny and oppression certainly does not equate to free to do whatever the **** you want without consequence. Comparing Chicoms prison population to the US prison population is foolish...especially with the biasing agent of a slogan.

How is putting people in prison that violate the law 'suspect' for a country that is the "land of the free"? Being free from tyranny and oppression certainly does not equate to free to do whatever the **** you want without consequence. Comparing Chicoms prison population to the US prison population is foolish...especially with the biasing agent of a slogan.

One has to question the laws and punishments. And again, more stupid assumptions in your arguments. Can you look over your posts and admit it? Probably not, but you'll insist that I do. That's the definition of hypocrite.

I did 't say anything about being free of consequence, so please stop with the hysterics. But if you look at the world and imprisonment rates, you would not expect a free country to be near the top, certainly not the top. Being there means that we are possibly over punishing and throwing some (not all, please do not come back with that stupid retort) in prison when we don't need to be.

And we do. 2.5 mill in prison with only 1 mill violent felons. Land of the Free indeed.

That as Land of the Free, we shouldn't have an incarceration rate above Commies. We can't claim to be Land of the Free and have communists jailing less of their folk.

It's not that they're better, it's that we've allowed ourselves to become worse.

I consider their entire country a jail.

Not enough MONEY OR fMRIs. Not to mention the wonderfully efficient government we have...clearly you have never dealt with state or federal government here. Getting a background check takes long enough. Heck you have to wait like 4 hours at the DMV. I DO find it amusing when people who don't understand our laws comment on them.

That's cool. I find it amusing when people do not understand how their gun laws in their own country are exploited at their demise and yet find the arrogance to not listen much less learn.

1) Good.

2) It isn't about "mass murderers." Even though they have rights as criminals...it is about the rights of law abiding citizens like me to NOT be treated like mass murderers by law enforcement. It is why we have our 4th Amendment. If you want to be mad about a law...be mad about that one. The 4th Amendment is singly the most difficult law for cops to deal with because it requires them to get a warrant before searching someone or their home.

3) Except the slippery slope occurred in EVERY European nation. Let's play this with the 4th Amendment. The police shouldn't need a search warrant to search your vehicle or home. If you didn't do anything illegal...you don't need to be worried. Nevermind the intrusiveness. Nevermind that it is a major inconvenience. Nevermind that you are allowing people to dig into your personal life.

1 - Could be better, 2 - I do not need to be mad about any law in USA, whether you are a mass murderer remains to be seen (seek out nearest fMRI), 3 - Learn from us then and evolve to control guns without engaging to slippery slope.

Clearly. Honestly...I had to google Dardania to even find out where that is. My autocorrect doesn't even recognize it.

That does it! I've heard similar complaints from others also. I've added a new picture on my profile. It shows my country's map of Dardania before and now. Check it out if you like.

LMAO! So you are telling me an fMRI can determine if a human being has the capacity to commit a crime? Really? I think I am done. This comment was single handedly the most hilarious joke of a concept approach to gun control I have heard.

Yes. The more you know huh. Today the form of the brain tells you what they are. If it is as funny go ahead and spread it around. It is one way to spread scientific developments.

I consider their entire country a jail.

Fair enough. They certainly are a horrible, oppressive government that I would never want to come close to emulating.

Don't you wish this even had an iota to do with the topic? I sure do.

One has to question the laws and punishments. And again, more stupid assumptions in your arguments. Can you look over your posts and admit it? Probably not, but you'll insist that I do. That's the definition of hypocrite.

I did 't say anything about being free of consequence, so please stop with the hysterics. But if you look at the world and imprisonment rates, you would not expect a free country to be near the top, certainly not the top. Being there means that we are possibly over punishing and throwing some (not all, please do not come back with that stupid retort) in prison when we don't need to be.

And we do. 2.5 mill in prison with only 1 mill violent felons. Land of the Free indeed.
Wait...are you implying that of the 2.5 million in prison that only 1 million are actually violent felons? Those 1+million violent FELONIES are being perpeptrated annually by people NOT in prison. 2.5 million isnt 'too much'...its just a good start.

Seriously...you start with this "Meh, they jail less of their people per capita than we do." and double down with this... "That as Land of the Free, we shouldn't have an incarceration rate above Commies. We can't claim to be Land of the Free and have communists jailing less of their folk."

I highly doubt the Chinese are running around keeping a tally about who they jail and why. Its seriously foolish to compare the two and claim one is more or less superior based on the numbers. We dont 'jail people' for fun and we dont jail people cuz were America. We jail people because they commit crimes. Period. Being the "Land of the free" has everything to do with civil liberties and freedoms and absolutely NOTHING to do with punitive actions brought about by the commission of crimes.

Wait...are you implying that of the 2.5 million in prison that only 1 million are actually violent felons? Those 1+million violent FELONIES are being perpeptrated annually by people NOT in prison. 2.5 million isnt 'too much'...its just a good start.

Seriously...you start with this "Meh, they jail less of their people per capita than we do." and double down with this... "That as Land of the Free, we shouldn't have an incarceration rate above Commies. We can't claim to be Land of the Free and have communists jailing less of their folk."

I highly doubt the Chinese are running around keeping a tally about who they jail and why. Its seriously foolish to compare the two and claim one is more or less superior based on the numbers. We dont 'jail people' for fun and we dont jail people cuz were America. We jail people because they commit crimes. Period. Being the "Land of the free" has everything to do with civil liberties and freedoms and absolutely NOTHING to do with punitive actions brought about by the commission of crimes.

Yeah, the actual numbers were more like about half of prisoners are in for nonviolent crimes (in 2009, only 7.9% of sentenced prisoners in federal prison were there for violent crimes). But yes, more people in jail. We have 5% of the world's population and 24% of the world's prison population, but we need more! 3/4 of young black males can expect to serve some time, but our problem is that it's not more! 1 in 32 Americans can expect to be held by the justice system...but we need more. Land of the Free indeed

Apple, Microsoft, and Walmart buy product from China. I was not aware that they have any children working in harsh conditions.

BTW, you typed your response on an Android, Windows, or Apple format.

Yes they buy product from China. Employing others to be the slave master does not absolve you.

If one hires a hit man to murder that person is equally guilty of murder under the law.

Same should go for slavery.

Yes they buy product from China. Employing others to be the slave master does not absolve you.

If one hires a hit man to murder that person is equally guilty of murder under the law.

Same should go for slavery.

And this is relevant to the OP how?

Yeah, the actual numbers were more like about half of prisoners are in for nonviolent crimes (in 2009, only 7.9% of sentenced prisoners in federal prison were there for violent crimes). But yes, more people in jail. We have 5% of the world's population and 24% of the world's prison population, but we need more! 3/4 of young black males can expect to serve some time, but our problem is that it's not more! 1 in 32 Americans can expect to be held by the justice system...but we need more. Land of the Free indeed
Simple solution...bitches stop committing crimes. But if they are going to continue to commit crimes then hell yes we need to lock up more. You have a strange world perspective. Somehow you equate the 'shame' of the prison population to the system and not those committing the crimes. I couldnt give half a damn if 99% of the young male black population (or any other racial group including white people) sees prison time if they are out committing crimes. Want to see those numbers go down? Stop shooting/beating/raping/stabbing/murdering/dealing/jacking, etc.

Simple solution...bitches stop committing crimes. But if they are going to continue to commit crimes then hell yes we need to lock up more. You have a strange world perspective. Somehow you equate the 'shame' of the prison population to the system and not those committing the crimes. I couldnt give half a damn if 99% of the young male black population (or any other racial group including white people) sees prison time if they are out committing crimes. Want to see those numbers go down? Stop shooting/beating/raping/stabbing/murdering/dealing/jacking, etc.

Stop profiling, stop setting socio-economic situations against growth, quit over policing, quit making so many laws that punish non-violent crime, etc.

You don't have lock down on the subject.

And there is shame in the prison population as it points to overpolicing and overjailing. It's not to say there shouldn't be laws, so please don't go down that road, but rather that we've breached the line of "proper" law. Violent crimes need to be punished and for the most part deserve jail time (maybe not for a bar fight if it's just a bar fight), but it's not quite on that level anymore. 5% world population, 24% world jail population; that is a sad stat and it's not just because we have more people committing violent crimes, particularly when they find that only 7.9% of sentenced prisoners in federal prison are there for violent crimes. There are very serious problems with our system and with our overall society causing these numbers and to just brush it under the rug pretending everyone in prison is there for violent crimes and that we need to increase our policing is just intellectually lazy argument at best. The numbers do not support that theory.

Stop profiling, stop setting socio-economic situations against growth, quit over policing, quit making so many laws that punish non-violent crime, etc.

You don't have lock down on the subject.

And there is shame in the prison population as it points to overpolicing and overjailing. It's not to say there shouldn't be laws, so please don't go down that road, but rather that we've breached the line of "proper" law. Violent crimes need to be punished and for the most part deserve jail time (maybe not for a bar fight if it's just a bar fight), but it's not quite on that level anymore. 5% world population, 24% world jail population; that is a sad stat and it's not just because we have more people committing violent crimes, particularly when they find that only 7.9% of sentenced prisoners in federal prison are there for violent crimes. There are very serious problems with our system and with our overall society causing these numbers and to just brush it under the rug pretending everyone in prison is there for violent crimes and that we need to increase our policing is just intellectually lazy argument at best. The numbers do not support that theory.
Seriously...what do numbers have to do with ANYTHING other than a representation of who is doing what? Dood...if you have some sort of evidence the po po is out scooping up poor innocent black folks and throwing them in prison for the crime of being black and that in fact those people are NOT guilty...then lets raise the roof. Beyond that I dont give half a damn how many are in prison. Numbers are not an indicator of the 'system' or the government but rather who is doing what, who is excusing what, and who is justifying what. It COULD just be that the reason there are so many people in prison is because instead of a community demanding responsible behavior they have instead excused their way into a ****ty existence. Im sorry yesterday sucked for your great grandparents. Life sucks...grab a ****ing bucket. Or...dont. And live with the consequences. It IS a sad stat. WHo it is a reflection on...thats the question.

There is an EASY way for those numbers to plummet to single digit. Stop committing violent crime. IMAGINE how nice places like Chicago, St Louis, Stockton, Tacoma, LA and others could be.

That's cool. I find it amusing when people do not understand how their gun laws in their own country are exploited at their demise and yet find the arrogance to not listen much less learn.

1 - Could be better, 2 - I do not need to be mad about any law in USA, whether you are a mass murderer remains to be seen (seek out nearest fMRI), 3 - Learn from us then and evolve to control guns without engaging to slippery slope.

That does it! I've heard similar complaints from others also. I've added a new picture on my profile. It shows my country's map of Dardania before and now. Check it out if you like.

Yes. The more you know huh. Today the form of the brain tells you what they are. If it is as funny go ahead and spread it around. It is one way to spread scientific developments.

It is amazing that someone who has never purchased a gun in America can point out the holes in our system. Heck someone who has never met American criminals and veteran law enforcement for that matter.

Listen tiger. I understand it is the cool thing to bash America in Europe and guns are the latest fad...and in about a week you will be talking about republicans, weed, or fast food...but honestly...you can't even grasp the difference in our nations enough to understand how enforcement of current laws is basically non existent. Hell what you won't recognize is that about the only thing to be done has been to protect the rich and/or whites. I haven't seen much call for going after the crime ridden ghettos. Violence is quarantined and the only time you hear the liberal rally cry is when some school or white kid gets shot.

Our police have no duty to protect us. It is up to us. You wonder why we seek the 2nd? Because nobody gives a crap about us. People like Feinstein will always have armed guards. They supposedly "need them." Same goes for the rich. What they aren't saying is that, "average joes aren't worth enough to protect."

You don't believe me? Look at who has armed security in your nation. Now look here...I'm a nobody and I at least am my own armed security.

Seriously...what do numbers have to do with ANYTHING other than a representation of who is doing what? Dood...if you have some sort of evidence the po po is out scooping up poor innocent black folks and throwing them in prison for the crime of being black and that in fact those people are NOT guilty...then lets raise the roof. Beyond that I dont give half a damn how many are in prison. Numbers are not an indicator of the 'system' or the government but rather who is doing what, who is excusing what, and who is justifying what. It COULD just be that the reason there are so many people in prison is because instead of a community demanding responsible behavior they have instead excused their way into a ****ty existence. Im sorry yesterday sucked for your great grandparents. Life sucks...grab a ****ing bucket. Or...dont. And live with the consequences. It IS a sad stat. WHo it is a reflection on...thats the question.

There is an EASY way for those numbers to plummet to single digit. Stop committing violent crime. IMAGINE how nice places like Chicago, St Louis, Stockton, Tacoma, LA and others could be.

It would be great if everyone stopped committing violent crimes, and violent crimes are worth prosecuting. I guess the thing you keep missing is that half the people in our prison system (indeed 98.1% of those in the federal prison system) are there for nonviolent crimes.

There are reasons why blacks are so heavily represented in our prison system, but the sheer number also points to broken dynamics. There's nothing inherent to a black man that makes him more violent or prone to crime than a white man; so why are the stats the way they are? Perhaps there are larger socio-economic issues driving the crime? And that if we want to address the root problems of prison population and overcrowding, we're going to have to take a true look at our prison system, at our economy and the laws we have on the books in total to try to figure it out. No one will say we shouldn't throw violent offenders in jail; but our jails are not full of violent offenders. So first order of business is to see how many nonviolent offenders you can huck out of prison before you huck more people into it.

Back
Top Bottom