• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cheney says war critics are "reprehensible."

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Yeah yeah yeah--we've heard it all. The Bushies think that the senators/congress people questioning the intelligence are "irresponsible," "disingenuous," and now "reprehensible."

But as correctly pointed out by John Kerry: "It is hard to name a government official with less credibility on Iraq than Vice President Cheney."

LMAO :clap:

This coming from the guy that says the insurgenct was in it's "last throes" half a year ago? That the Iraq war would takes weeks not months? Whose right hand man is being indicted?

Ahem :roll:

GarzaUK said:
This coming from the guy that says the insurgenct was in it's "last throes" half a year ago? That the Iraq war would takes weeks not months? Whose right hand man is being indicted?

Ahem :roll:

Yup. The man is a liar. Chris Matthews showed a clip of Cheney saying on the Meet the Press (or one of those political shows), "It‘s been pretty well confirmed that he went to Prague and he did meet with senior official of the Iraqi intelligence service."

Then they showed an interview that occurred some time later with a CNBC reporter, where the reporter pointed out to Cheney that he said it had been well confirmed that Atta met with the Iraqi intelligence service. Cheney said, "No, I never said that."

You then see the look on this woman's face of total incredulousness.

I don't think it's about Cheney forgetting what he said in the past--it's about his feeling so invincible and arrogant that he would deny saying something he knew he said. Now that is what I call "reprehensible."

:lol:

The truth is what else can Cheney do or say? He is one of the main architects of this war so he has to back it up. More so when you see that this administration never, ever admits that they make mistakes. They have been exceptionally hardheaded and secretive. At this point they have no choice. Even if it means disaster for them they have no choice.

aps said:
Yup. The man is a liar.

What makes him a liar? It is how he feels about the situation. I swear, you guys are so desperate to regain an ounce of political power, you throw the "liar" word around every day. I agree with him. The distortion and attacks by the left are reprehensible. But you see, that doesn't make me a liar. It makes be opinionated. But then again, I also believe the American people are smart enough to demand evidence. Until they get it, you're spinning your liberal wheels.

KCConservative said:
What makes him a liar? It is how he feels about the situation. I swear, you guys are so desperate to regain an ounce of political power, you throw the "liar" word around every day. I agree with him. The distortion and attacks by the left are reprehensible. But you see, that doesn't make me a liar. It makes be opinionated. But then again, I also believe the American people are smart enough to demand evidence. Until they get it, you're spinning your liberal wheels.

KC, my calling him a liar was based upon the evidence of him saying one thing and then adamantly denying it, even after he was told what he said verbatim. In my opinion, it makes him a liar.

He can call those who disagree with him anything he wants. I don't care what he thinks at all. His Chief of Staff has been indicted. I would be angry too and would lash out at those who attacked me. Poor poor Cheney.

hmm... I think it's reprehensible that a walking heart attack like Cheney can get health insurance when so many healthy Americans can't.

Iraq War support plummets!

Question: Will the Bush Admin issue "Terror Warnings" or should we brace for another violent catastrophe at the hands of the Al-CIA-da?

“old wily Osama will likely boogie to Baghdad.”

Who said that? In case you don't remember, it was Richard Clarke, when he was the top WH counterterrorism guy during the Clinton administration. He said this to express his fear that if American forces pushed OBL too hard at his hideout in Afghanistan, OBL might move to Iraq, where he could stay in the protection of Saddam. Clarke, of course, later was a vociferous Bush admin critic.

Why would Clarke say this? Clarke's opinion was based on intelligence indicating a number of contacts between AQ and Iraq, including word that Saddam had offered OBL safe haven. "Boogie to Baghdad" is on page 134 of the Sep. 11 commish report.

Why do I bring this up on this particular thread? Because Democrats are poring through old statements by Bush admin officials looking for evidence to support their claims that Bush and/or Cheney 'lied' us into war with Iraq.

Which brings us to the oft-quoted MTP appearance on Sep 8, 2002. Lets replay some of it, as found in today's 'The Hill' column by Byron York (link at end)...

"Moderator Tim Russert played a clip from the vice president’s appearance a year earlier — just days after the Sept. 11 attacks — in which Russert asked, “Do you have any evidence linking Saddam Hussein or Iraq to this operation?”

“No,” Cheney said.

In 2002, Russert asked, “Has anything changed, in your mind?”

“I’m not here today to make a specific allegation that Iraq was somehow responsible for 9/11,” Cheney said. “I can’t say that. On the other hand, since we did that [2001] interview, new information has come to light. And we spent time looking at that relationship between Iraq, on the one hand, and the al Qaeda organization on the other. And there has been reporting that suggests that there have been a number of contacts over the years.”

Cheney mentioned the still-disputed/alleged/possible/discredited/maybe meeting between lead hijacker Mohamed Atta and Iraqi agents in Prague. It was the subject of some dispute, he added. “The debates about, you know, was he there or wasn’t he there, again, it’s the intelligence business,” Cheney said.

Was there anything else? Russert asked.

“I want to separate out 9/11 from the other relationships between Iraq and the al Qaeda organization,” Cheney said. “But there is a pattern of relationships going back many years.”

Which leaves just one question. In light of the Sept. 11 commission’s report — and no matter what Democrats say — what was wrong with that?"

Source is here.

I don't know how much this matters now, except as a reminder that the revisionist nobody-could-imagine-Saddam-and-Al-Qaeda-in-alliance claim isn't exactly supported by the history.

Last edited:
So the government (Reps and Dems) was wrong. Is that really surprising in this day and age?

aps said:
Yeah yeah yeah--we've heard it all. The Bushies think that the senators/congress people questioning the intelligence are "irresponsible," "disingenuous," and now "reprehensible."

But as correctly pointed out by John Kerry: "It is hard to name a government official with less credibility on Iraq than Vice President Cheney."

LMAO :clap:

Let's see what else was "correctly pointed out" about credibility by John Kerry....

“A brutal, oppressive dictator, guilty of personally murdering and condoning murder and torture, grotesque violence against women, execution of political opponents, a war criminal who used chemical weapons against another nation and, of course, as we know, against his own people, the Kurds. He has diverted funds from the Oil-for-Food program, intended by the international community to go to his own people. He has supported and harbored terrorist groups, particularly radical Palestinian groups such as Abu Nidal, and he has given money to families of suicide murderers in Israel.

I mention these not because they are a cause to go to war in and of themselves, as the President previously suggested, but because they tell a lot about the threat of the weapons of mass destruction and the nature of this man. We should not go to war because these things are in his past, but we should be prepared to go to war because of what they tell us about the future.”

(TEXT FROM THE SPEECH JOHN KERRY MADE ON THE SENATE FLOOR October 9, 2002)
http://www.independentsforkerry.org/...erry-iraq.html

Or is "correctly pointed out" only correct when you can use it?

LMAO :clap: :roll: :bravo:

GySgt said:
Let's see what else was "correctly pointed out" about credibility by John Kerry....

“A brutal, oppressive dictator, guilty of personally murdering and condoning murder and torture, grotesque violence against women, execution of political opponents, a war criminal who used chemical weapons against another nation and, of course, as we know, against his own people, the Kurds. He has diverted funds from the Oil-for-Food program, intended by the international community to go to his own people. He has supported and harbored terrorist groups, particularly radical Palestinian groups such as Abu Nidal, and he has given money to families of suicide murderers in Israel.

I mention these not because they are a cause to go to war in and of themselves, as the President previously suggested, but because they tell a lot about the threat of the weapons of mass destruction and the nature of this man. We should not go to war because these things are in his past, but we should be prepared to go to war because of what they tell us about the future.”

By that logic we should be at war with North Korea, Iran, Packistan and a host of African countries. The US is not the world's policeman and 95% of this country will agree. If we were to fight a war with every dicator on the planet who abuses his own people and promotes any kund of terrorism. we would be at war constantly and have to enlarge our military 10 fold.

We need the military on OUR borders not on the borders of some foreign country. We need to take care of OUR people. Some of whom are still homeless after the hurricane season not to mention other problems that need our government's immediate attention. Best to follow the advice of the father of our nation when he said "Beware of foreign entanglements."

Inuyasha said:
By that logic we should be at war with North Korea, Iran, Packistan and a host of African countries.

Stay tuned.;)

GySgt said:

So what? Cheney presented facts as though there was no evidence to the contrary, when there was. That is dishonest.

I quoted Kerry because it is exactly how I feel....and I never claimed that there were WMDs.

Inuyasha said:
By that logic we should be at war with North Korea, Iran, Packistan and a host of African countries. The US is not the world's policeman and 95% of this country will agree. If we were to fight a war with every dicator on the planet who abuses his own people and promotes any kund of terrorism. we would be at war constantly and have to enlarge our military 10 fold.

We need the military on OUR borders not on the borders of some foreign country. We need to take care of OUR people. Some of whom are still homeless after the hurricane season not to mention other problems that need our government's immediate attention. Best to follow the advice of the father of our nation when he said "Beware of foreign entanglements."

Foreign entanglements? You mean like WWI and WWII? The best defense is an offense. Our presence all around the world is why there has not been a WWIII. Isolationalism doesn't work. Our society demands democracies for our prosperity. You American interests are tied up witrh relationships with governments of all kinds all over the world. This means that when one of those countries are threatened, so are your interests.

As far as those other places and some places you didn't mention, this "War on Terror" does not mean just against Al-Queda and Saddam and it does not mean all at once. There is an entire Middle Eastern civilization that wishes you dead and they raise their children to hate under the thumb of an oppressive religion. This civilization is the recruitment pool for terror organizations that go back for decades. This civilization, with every new decade, is failing even more. The futureless youthful masses has a need to explain away what their own fathers and governments have done to their societies and YOU are to blame.

Last edited:
aps said:
So what? Cheney presented facts as though there was no evidence to the contrary, when there was. That is dishonest.

I quoted Kerry because it is exactly how I feel....and I never claimed that there were WMDs.

No, you arbitrarily choose to quote who ever supports your emotions and you chose Kerry, because he is against Bush and you wanted some political support to bash. But by doing that, you also chose to quote an individual who is extremely contradictory to what he believes from time to time.

WTF are you talking about Jarhead?

If you have not noticed...the "imp" has changed his avatar....

279132.jpg

DEMOCAN REPUBLICRAT REPUBLIDEM DEPUBLICRAT

sbieser030804.jpg

Last edited:
Careful. Your posts have already been "Canuck-ish." I'd hate to see you get banned for spamming. Though it would be hillarious at first, it would soon turn tragic, because I know we are all you got.

imp? Would that be you or 'Aryan?" Both of you have changed your avatars and either way, you have been blown out of the water and exposed to be a fraud.

GySgt said:
Careful. Your posts have already been "Canuck-ish." I'd hate to see you get banned for spamming. Though it would be hillarious at first, it would soon turn tragic, because I know we are all you got.

I appreciate the sentiments.

GySgt said:
No, you arbitrarily choose to quote who ever supports your emotions and you chose Kerry, because he is against Bush and you wanted some political support to bash. But by doing that, you also chose to quote an individual who is extremely contradictory to what he believes from time to time.

You're obnoxious GySgt. I was watching the news yesterday morning and they replayed Cheney's "reprehensible" comment. They then quoted some of what Reid said and that one-liner by Kerry. I laughed out loud. It was that particular piece of news that made me start this thread. I actually did a search on google to find the exact wording that Kerry used.

If anyone made that commentary, I would have quoted them.

Why you think you can tell me how I feel is beyond me, particularly when you don't even know me.

GySgt said:
Both of you have changed your avatars and either way, you have been blown out of the water and exposed to be a fraud.

Exposed?

This is the original Lucidthots Avatar.

I used the Rockefeller 8.5 million to Communist "T.Lie" at UN in order to shake some people up.

The "imp" took on the Deaths Head after I told him S & B does not accept Jews into their fraternity and that the Swastika is the symbol for Chase Bank.

Attachments

• chase.jpg
    chase.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
aps said:
You're obnoxious GySgt. I was watching the news yesterday morning and they replayed Cheney's "reprehensible" comment. They then quoted some of what Reid said and that one-liner by Kerry. I laughed out loud. It was that particular piece of news that made me start this thread. I actually did a search on google to find the exact wording that Kerry used.

If anyone made that commentary, I would have quoted them.

Why you think you can tell me how I feel is beyond me, particularly when you don't even know me.

I am not obnoxious. I am Protestant.

Back
Top Bottom