• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cheney Rips Trump, Pompeo for 'Praising' Russian President: 'Putin Is Evil'

You probably can't see this yet, but given the ruthlessness of a dictator like Putin, we need someone as ruthless and smart like Pompeo.
Except that Pompeo is on board with Putin.

I'm sorry you missed the entire point of the thread and couldn't be arsed to read the article in the OP.
No, I have not missed anything. The lefty media and the democrat politicians and the left here are all trying to somehow pin the invasion of Ukraine on Republicans. It's stupid.

No, I have not missed anything. The lefty media and the democrat politicians and the left here are all trying to somehow pin the invasion of Ukraine on Republicans. It's stupid.

Oh?

Do tell me how I have tried to "pin the invasion of Ukraine on Republicans".

Keep on believing.

Also, what's bald and has farmers and children and dogs shot and dumped in a ditch?

I am such a bad boy for doing that!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I am sure what is playing out right now is exactly what Putin expects and that he discussed it with Xi.
I think it's the exact opposite. What is playing out right now has taken Putin by surprise. By all accounts he is shocked at Ukraine's resistance, terrified of the reaction of the rest of the world, and furious at the severity of the sanctions hitting his country. And the retaliation against Russia has barely even begun.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...ine-economy-sanctions-us-dollars-uk-pounds-eu
https://news.yahoo.com/putin-said-furious-western-sanctions-121126905.html
https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...e-war-russian-military-invasion-latest-update

Cheney continues to be on the right side of history. She knows her evil of late. Putin, Trump, Pompeo and T. Carlson. You know, the ones who are pro 1/6/21.

View attachment 67377092
Trump controversially described Putin as a "genius" as the invasion of Ukraine commenced this past week. Pompeo in recent interviews described the Russian president as "savvy" and "talented," he also said he had "enormous respect" for Putin.

In a Friday evening Twitter post, Cheney shared screenshots from Russian media promoting remarks from Trump, Pompeo and Fox News host Tucker Carlson that appeared to be favorable to Putin. The GOP congresswoman knocked the right-wing politicians and commentator for their positive assessments of the Russian adversary.
He should invite them to go quail hunting...

I think it's the exact opposite. What is playing out right now has taken Putin by surprise. By all accounts he is shocked at Ukraine's resistance, terrified of the reaction of the rest of the world, and furious at the severity of the sanctions hitting his country. And the retaliation against Russia has barely even begun.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...ine-economy-sanctions-us-dollars-uk-pounds-eu
https://news.yahoo.com/putin-said-furious-western-sanctions-121126905.html
https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...e-war-russian-military-invasion-latest-update
The articles say stuff like: "Putin is said to be" then is says nothing how they can make the claim. There are no sources just people's guesses. Putin has been planning this for years and he has no doubt anticipated all of this. Unfortunately he will be undeterred and will take Kiev and oust the government.

The articles say stuff like: "Putin is said to be" then is says nothing how they can make the claim. There are no sources just people's guesses. Putin has been planning this for years and he has no doubt anticipated all of this. Unfortunately he will be undeterred and will take Kiev and oust the government.
Likely it comes from anonymous sources close to Putin. The intelligence communities of the US and European countries agree on this. Putin was unprepared for the response of the world. That said, he is on a path now, and I don't see an off ramp for him. I think you are correct that he will take Ukraine, and in doing so will trade his whole economy for a small increase in borders.

The oligarchs are the wild card though. Once Russia's economy starts looking like North Korea's, the Putin problem may be handled by his own people.

Likely it comes from anonymous sources close to Putin. The intelligence communities of the US and European countries agree on this. Putin was unprepared for the response of the world. That said, he is on a path now, and I don't see an off ramp for him. I think you are correct that he will take Ukraine, and in doing so will trade his whole economy for a small increase in borders.

The oligarchs are the wild card though. Once Russia's economy starts looking like North Korea's, the Putin problem may be handled by his own people.
I think the stiffeling sanctions that have been in place on Russia since the take over of Crimea, have in someway backed him into a corner. I think part of this whole plan is to make his economy separate entirely from the west. He has been working on separate Internet and other trading infrastructures. I think the plan is a second half of the world, China Russia Belarus and other former Soviet states.

Except that Pompeo is on board with Putin.
That is part of your Trump-hating ideology.
Pompeo worked for Trump, so therefore Pompeo is a Putin puppet.
If Pompeo becomes president he would not be stupid enough to go easy on Putin.
Providing Putin is still above ground by then.

That is part of your Trump-hating ideology.
Pompeo worked for Trump, so therefore Pompeo is a Putin puppet.
No, it's more the words that came out of his blowhole.

Back
Top Bottom