• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CBS Reports Ukrainian Airliner Was Shot Down

Complicated for who?

Now that its clear that Iran shot this plane down, can we really be more than 5 minutes away from the left blaming this on Trump?

Complicated for who?

Canada for starters. 63 of those people were Canadians, 130someodd on their way here. Looks like Canada will have a role in the investigation, how big a role isn't known yet.
Suspicions are, now anyway, that the aircraft was either shot at or a bomb went off onboard. It apparently was on fire and turning around before it crashed.

Now that its clear that Iran shot this plane down, can we really be more than 5 minutes away from the left blaming this on Trump?

How can that be clear? You got some kind of ESP?

Complicated for who?

Ah, let's see. Complicated for the sumbitches who shot the plane down, including the sponsors of the attack. Complicated for Iran. Complicated for Ukraine and Ukraine Airlines. Complicated for the families of the people who died in the crash. Complicated for the nations of the people who died in the crash. Complicated for the region as a whole considering the escalated situation since Trump assassinated a foreign official in a sovereign country.

Ah, let's see. Complicated for the sumbitches who shot the plane down, including the sponsors of the attack. Complicated for Iran. Complicated for Ukraine and Ukraine Airlines. Complicated for the families of the people who died in the crash. Complicated for the nations of the people who died in the crash. Complicated for the region as a whole considering the escalated situation since Trump assassinated a foreign official in a sovereign country.

... and there it is ... :lamo

I think he meant that there's no Americans dead so it doesn't matter.

Complicated how? I see it being complicated for Iranian cheer leaders like you, but not for anyone thinking clearly.

It took six minutes, not five. But if you add in the time it took him to type that out, I think I was right on the nose.

I think he meant that there's no Americans dead so it doesn't matter.

No, thats not what I meant at all. But with responses like yours it would be understandable if I had.

Ah, let's see. Complicated for the sumbitches who shot the plane down, including the sponsors of the attack.

It will be interesting to see which route Trump takes on this.

Option 1: "US intelligence sucks, you can't trust them, I know more than them, Iran and Putin told me that Iran didn't do it."
Option 2: "Yea they did it, but are we so innocent? I mean, the world is an evil place, and we aren't innocent."
Option 3: "I am the king, and section 2 gives me powers, so I'm ordering some war crimes against Iran and I'll notify congress tomorrow on my twitter account."

Complicated how? I see it being complicated for Iranian cheer leaders like you, but not for anyone thinking clearly.

Insults are all you have
Miss Hillary?

How can that be clear? You got some kind of ESP?

You didnt check out the OP did you. If you had, you wouldnt have asked such a stupid question.

IF Iran did shoot down the plane, it will never own up to it.

It is as unscrupulous as Russia, which shot that plane out of the sky over Ukraine, with bodies (including babies' bodies) falling to earth.

Iran is a very bad country. It regularly executes political dissidents, gays, etc.

I am so glad that President Trump had the guts to confront it.

My sympathies to the families of those Canadian tourists. Everyone should be careful about the countries they choose to visit.

You can't handle the truth. If the same aircraft had been shot down over Iowa last summer it would not likely throw fuel on the growing fire that is the Middle East. As the aircraft is alleged to have been bombed or shot down in Iran two days ago it is a different matter altogether. As the situation in the ME has just recently escalated and things falling from the sky are killing people, creating terror, and destroying property among demonstrations, increased threats of revenge things are now more complicated, yes.

The world has long known that Trump does not have the ability to understand that actions have consequences. If he had listened to his advisors the downing of the Ukraine Airlines wouldn't present some of the difficult problems we all may have to deal with now.

Further, you may not have noticed but Trump has decimated our State Department and diplomatic core. We no longer have the skilled seasoned professionals who would deal with dicey issues that result from situations such as the downed Ukraine Airlines jet. Trump is most certainly not the seasoned diplomatic professional we need at this point in time. In fact, Trump is getting his advice from Hannity and Limbaugh.

Finally, it's times like this when you need your allies. They may have the information you don't have. They may have diplomatic contacts who might be able to smooth through the difficulties that could arise. HOWEVER, many if not most, of our allies are displeased with Trump's handling of the assassination of Soleimani. Many, if not most, of our allies do not trust Trump. You may not understand it but whatever happens in the ME affects America's allies.

IF Iran did shoot down the plane, it will never own up to it.
It is as unscrupulous as Russia, which shot that plane out of the sky over Ukraine, with bodies (including babies' bodies) falling to earth.
Iran is a very bad country. It regularly executes political dissidents, gays, etc.
I am so glad that President Trump had the guts to confront it.
My sympathies to the families of those Canadian tourists. Everyone should be careful about the countries they choose to visit.

Chances are these were all dual citizen Canadians visiting family in Iran. Canada suspended diplomatic relations with Iran since 2012.

Trudeau now relies on allies in Iran to find out what happened. Pretty ****ty situation.

You can't handle the truth. If the same aircraft had been shot down over Iowa last summer it would not likely throw fuel on the growing fire that is the Middle East. As the aircraft is alleged to have been bombed or shot down in Iran two days ago it is a different matter altogether. As the situation in the ME has just recently escalated and things falling from the sky are killing people, creating terror, and destroying property among demonstrations, increased threats of revenge things are now more complicated, yes.

The world has long known that Trump does not have the ability to understand that actions have consequences. If he had listened to his advisors the downing of the Ukraine Airlines wouldn't present some of the difficult problems we all may have to deal with now.

Further, you may not have noticed but Trump has decimated our State Department and diplomatic core. We no longer have the skilled seasoned professionals who would deal with dicey issues that result from situations such as the downed Ukraine Airlines jet. Trump is most certainly not the seasoned diplomatic professional we need at this point in time. In fact, Trump is getting his advice from Hannity and Limbaugh.
Finally, it's times like this when you need your allies. They may have the information you don't have. They may have diplomatic contacts who might be able to smooth through the difficulties that could arise. HOWEVER, many if not most, of our allies are displeased with Trump's handling of the assassination of Soleimani. Many, if not most, of our allies do not trust Trump. You may not understand it but whatever happens in the ME affects America's allies.

The only one who's gonna have difficult problems with the downing of that plane is Trudeau. Canada has suspended diplomatic relations with Iran since 2012 ...

It will be complicated for Trudeau. Is he up to the task?

Funny how you dont view the murder of an American and an assault on our Embassy as an escalation. Only when we respond do you get upset. Good to see the apologists for Iran self identify.

Back
Top Bottom