• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CBS News producer shows how easy it is to buy an assault rifle

Yep. Brand new S&W M&P 15 for $649.99

The Colt Expanse M4 AR15 5.56mm 16" Barrel 30 Rd Mag is listed at 679.99

I'll look into it, I don't remember seeing any under 800 where I go and with bells and whistles I just assumed I'd be looking at 1000+. Thanks!

Isnt it ironic that you are fully at peace in a world and environment that experiences day to day violence..but you **** yourself over something that happens on average 1-2 time in the entire country in an entire year. Gosh...its almost like you have an agenda or something.

So you think we should ignore the Orlando shooting? That it is just the "collateral damage" we must endure to protect gun owners rights? That will not fly with the American people so good luck with that. Even your beloved Republicans are polling more and more in favor of doing SOMETHING about this. It is about time that guns that have far too much mass killing power to be classified as WMD's and banned along with their ammo and hi capacity magazines.

Last edited:
:lamo

Thats the most pathetic attempt to hide from your own words as Ive seen. You **** yourself over the 1-2 incidents across the country a year and ignore the rest. Thats comical...classic...and you couldnt better embody the foolish positions of the anti-gun left. Its almost like you are reading from a script. And your pathetic dependence on the NRA boogeyman? CLASSIC.

Well, I don't think so: I don't fear walking the streets of my country without a gun. I don't need one to enjoy the outside... I do not see either how my position is somehow "leftist", nor an I see I'm hiding any words. Perhaps you can help me.

So you think we should ignore the Orlando shooting? That it is just the "collateral damage" we must endure to protect gun owners rights? That will not fly with the American people so good luck with that. Even your beloved Republicans are polling more and more in favor of doing SOMETHING about this. It is about time that guns that have far too much mass killing power to be classified as WMD's and banned along with their ammo and hi capacity magazines.
A-Im a Libertarian...start there. I dont see too much difference between you and the republicans. B-You know full and well that the Assault Weapons ban that was previously imposed did nothing. you know full and well that mass shootings more often than not do not require ARs...yet that remains your obsession. Everything about what you propose remains a charade. All you care about is your ideological goal of banning guns. Look how many times the focus has been shifted in this debate. And rather than ackno0wledge your failed arguments you just rush off and make another ridiculous claim.

"SOMETHING" THATS the problem. ALl you want to do is SOMETHING. You dont care if it is effective. You dont care if it is something relevant. You dont care if it is effective. You just want to pass SOMETHING. As a start.

Oh THAT belongs to GW Bush and the oil companies, not me.

But why buy an AR?

Yeah you libs with the bring all the islamist refugees in..

Buy an AR because it is an excellent all around rifle and you won't be able to buy one soon if they have their way..

Buy 5 as a short against our 2A rights.. If they stay legal they hold their value very well, if they get outlawed they will triple easy..

That's why they sell so good when banners start flapping their traps..

Buy an AR because it is an excellent all around rifle and you won't be able to buy one soon if they have their way..

Buy 5 as a short against our 2A rights.. If they stay legal they hold their value very well, if they get outlawed they will triple easy..

What's the matter with an M16?

What's the matter with an M16?

Too expensive due to regulations effecting them.. And you can't just go buy a new one.. Not much better anyway..

Your talking like $5k and all sorts of ATF applications and paperwork etc. etc.

Unrealistic to the average Joe..

Too expensive due to regulations effecting them.. And you can't just go buy a new one.. Not much better anyway..

Your talking like $5k and all sorts of ATF applications and paperwork etc. etc.

Unrealistic to the average Joe..

Not in Florida. So, why then do the average Joes seem to want one?

The AR is a mass murderers weapon of choice. And like ghouls relishing in the fresh blood of the victims, the gun enthusiasts have to rush out and buy one, too.

The AR is a mass murderers weapon of choice. And like ghouls relishing in the fresh blood of the victims, the gun enthusiasts have to rush out and buy one, too.

Your sad emotional appeal aside, its fair to point out that it is the weapon of choice for home defense for the White House.

1410491130228_wps_25_Secret_Service_officers_a.jpg

Your sad emotional appeal aside, its fair to point out that it is the weapon of choice for home defense for the White House.

View attachment 67202993
That is such a stupid false comparison in oh so many ways. lol

It's no wonder the left doesn't take the right seriously, anymore.

That is such a stupid false comparison in oh so many ways. lol

It's no wonder the left doesn't take the right seriously, anymore.

No...it's a perfect comparison of the pathetic continued hypocrisy from the anti-gun left. It IS an effective weapon for home defense. Even the presidents home. It sort of fits hand in hand with the lies and hypocrisy of so many on the left regarding fences and border protection.

Seems like you don't know what an m16 is..

You really have no room to comment on this topic displaying that incredible ignorance..

The average joe also wants a Ferrari or Bugatti but they are also unrealistic..

No...it's a perfect comparison of the pathetic continued hypocrisy from the anti-gun left. It IS an effective weapon for home defense. Even the presidents home. It sort of fits hand in hand with the lies and hypocrisy of so many on the left regarding fences and border protection.

Knock it off, Vance. Nobody elected you to be their leader. Stupid irrational talking points like yours is the reason why 70% to 80% of the public and the national discussion on gun control is moving on without you.

Knock it off, Vance. Nobody elected you to be their leader. Stupid irrational talking points like yours is the reason why 70% to 80% of the public and the national discussion on gun control is moving on without you.

You mad........

No...no one elected me to be their leader. Never intimated that they did. I'm just speaking truth. As that picture shows, the White House is fully confident and comfortable in AR style weaponry for home defense. IF the 2nd Amendment were about home defense it would certainly fit that bill. But the 2nd amendment is NOT just about home defense. It is about defense of country and AR style weapons are ABSOLUTELY appropriate for the people to be armed with.

Your silly statistic about 70-80% stems from this ridiculous charade regarding universal background checks. Background checks WERE used in Florida, correct? San Bernardino? Connecticut? The answer is yes...they WERE used. So why are you committed to doubling down on stupid laws you know will not make a difference?

Isn't the narrative that these guns move from hand to hand and the laws currently in place do very little if nothing to stop it? It seems they proved the point they were going for.

Nope. Thats not the story. Nice try though. Once again wrong.

Nope. Thats not the story. Nice try though. Once again wrong.

The CBS story seems to disagree with you. It was relatively easy for them to procure a gun, and then move it into somebody else's hands.

You mad........

No...no one elected me to be their leader. Never intimated that they did. I'm just speaking truth. As that picture shows, the White House is fully confident and comfortable in AR style weaponry for home defense. IF the 2nd Amendment were about home defense it would certainly fit that bill. But the 2nd amendment is NOT just about home defense. It is about defense of country and AR style weapons are ABSOLUTELY appropriate for the people to be armed with.

Your silly statistic about 70-80% stems from this ridiculous charade regarding universal background checks. Background checks WERE used in Florida, correct? San Bernardino? Connecticut? The answer is yes...they WERE used. So why are you committed to doubling down on stupid laws you know will not make a difference?

I suspect the AR's in use at the Whitehouse are well regulated government issued military style weapons to be used by a state militia aka the Secret Service in defense of the free state. So it seems that the government understands the true intent of the second amendment better than you do, Vance. But that's what happens when you let meme's do all your thinking for you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom