• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CBO says Biden's plan will barely add to the deficit.

Nope.

Here are the hard facts (btw - I am no fan of Obama's OR Trump's):

During Obama's 8 years in office (FY 2008-2016)?
His revenues rose an average of 6.9% per FY.
You guys trot this out continually. Obama had a recession recovery to surf on. Trump didn't. Trump didn't run up $5.5 trillion in deficits in his first four years, even WITH a pandemic. You want a fair comparison compare Obama's last two years.
During Trump's first 3 years - I will skip 2020 since Covid was not his fault (FY 2017-2019)?
His revenues rose an average of only 1.5% per FY.

Under Trump?
Revenues per FY went WAY down.

So where the heck are these 'HUGE' revenues from Trump's tax cuts?
Funny but the CBO report I've posted disavows those numbers,

Just for review from the latest CBO budget report (actual performance)

FY-2016-2011 budget stats.png

And I'm not "skipping" 2020

You guys trot this out continually.
And which 'guy' am I supposed to be?
Obama had a recession recovery to surf on. Trump didn't. Trump didn't run up $5.5 trillion in deficits in his first four years, even WITH a pandemic. You want a fair comparison compare Obama's last two years.
No...that is cherry picking.
The last four years of Obama (recession over for four years) compared to Trump's first 4 years (since you want to include 2020).
The last four years of Obama's receipts were $492 billion increase.
The first four years of Trump's receipts were $154 billion increase.
www.whitehouse.gov/omb/historical-tables/

I ask again...where were these HUGE tax revenues?
Funny but the CBO report I've posted disavows those numbers,
Funny - but the numbers I used ARE the CBO numbers.
Just from a different source (the Whitehouse.org)
And I'm not "skipping" 2020
As you wish.

And which 'guy' am I supposed to be?
Obamanauts.
No...that is cherry picking.
The last four years of Obama (recession over for four years) compared to Trump's first 4 years (since you want to include 2020).
The last four years of Obama's receipts were $492 billion increase.
The first four years of Trump's receipts were $154 billion increase.
www.whitehouse.gov/omb/historical-tables/
Cherry picking? not at all. I'm comparing the state of the economy Obama turned over to Trump, not his entire term. Although I should mention Obama's recovery performance was the worst since WW II.

Funny - but the numbers I used ARE the CBO numbers.
Just from a different source (the Whitehouse.org)

As you wish.
I wish. That's WHY I posted the data from the latest CBO monthly report.

Obamanauts.
I thought Obama did a lousy job.
So did Trump.

Cherry picking? not at all. I'm comparing the state of the economy Obama turned over to Trump, not his entire term. Although I should mention Obama's recovery performance was the worst since WW II.
There is nothing fairer (in this case) than comparing the last four years of Obama and the first four of Trump.

I wish. That's WHY I posted the data from the latest CBO monthly report.
If you would bother to look at my link?
You will see that the numbers are IDENTICAL.

Gladly if it makes the lives of families a nd children better. BTW, no one in the RW blinked an eye whenextremely wealthy got a tax cut that cost us $2.3 trillion and was based on BS
You do not have a half million to pay. You probably are a hop skip and a jump from living in a shelter.

The claim: Clinton and Obama were the only presidents to lower the deficit in the last 50 years​

A few posts from 2018 about presidential administrations and the federal deficit have resurfaced on Facebook in recent weeks.

The posts feature photos of Democratic Presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, and pose the question, "Why do Republicans claim to be fiscally conservative when these are the only two presidents to lower the deficit in the last 50 years?"

Erlene King — a user who shared a version of the post — told USA TODAY she believes it is "100% true."

"A Democrat is mostly elected after a Republican screws things up.
Then Republican Senators become fiscally responsible,
forcing the Democrat to just fix the problem and never vote for social programs," she wrote. "Thus the lower deficit."
If you believe the bullshit the MSM tells you, and you refuse to do your own research and to understand realitiy then you will get what your deserve from life. Let me guess.... you took the jab too...

Well...I think that is going too far.

The government is ONLY as criminal as the people allow it to be criminal.

I agree that no one should EVER trust a THING the government (or ANY politician or major bureaucrat) says.
Though I do believe the Fed IS STRICTLY a self-serving corporation.

However...the fault lies with the people who vote for them.

Like I said before - if the passengers of a plane put a monkey in charge of landing it?
And the plane crashes?
Who is to blame?
The monkey?
Or the people who put him in the pilot's seat?
Oh believe me, I do not hold the people blameless for this situation, but it does not change the fact that the government is a criminal cartel. As Al Capone used to say, the mafia were only amateur gangsters compared to government. The average American citizen knows it's government are criminals, and they are comfortable with that.... until the government decides to take too much from them, but by then it will be too late...

So according to the CBO, Biden's plan would at most add about 37 billion to the deficit per year over the next decade. That is pennies on the dollar when you consider a 23 trillion dollar budget.
Not only that but in order to come up with that number they blatantly ignored the potential for higher revenues by increased IRS enforcement.
And as we all know the CBO is half-filled with Republicans who will always give an incredibly pessimistic view of any Democratic Bill.

So what does that tell us? It tells us that, yes, in fact, it is entirely possible that Biden is 100% correct. This bill may not actually add to the deficit at all. Even if it does it would be barely even noticeable.

For some perspective, the Federal Aid that was approved for a recent natural disaster was over 200 billion. So if there were just 2 additional major natural disasters over the next decade as compared to the last decade, that would add more to the deficit than the Build Back Better plan.

If this is what the CBO is saying, I can pretty much guarantee you that the truth will actually be better.
That's just fabulous.

Confirms my thesis.

When voting in 2022 ask, "How have the Democrats or Republicans made me money?"

My son in law is a PHD, says the Companies are putting up job hiring signs to get Biden Money and hire near zero people just to get Bidens Millions of easy money, meanwhile inflation means they make more % !

Meanwhile the problem of no grass roots supply steepens the inflation rate, even if a lot of it is on a container ship off shore that won't pay the Tax at the Dock on products.

Back
Top Bottom