• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Captured Russian troops 'in Ukraine by accident'

Take a rifle, go there and say that to them.

The Ukrainians seem to be doing a good job of that. Thanks, but I've done my share of fighting Communists. I have no desire to take on their successors.

Your paratroopers mustn't be quite the elite troops you say if they got themselves captured 20 KM from the border. Hard time believing they got 'lost'.

We're still cooking it, it's not done yet. It will be released when the politicians can benefit from it in a cooked form during this conflict or when this war is over in the true form.

Straight from Radio Moscow.

Soldiers in the same unit on a march, don't wear completely different sets of camo, don't wear t-shirts, and SBU calling the same guy with two different names gives even less credibility to the "OMG Russian VDV invasion" stuff.

Nobody knows, but as the craze of the "OMG Chechen GRU fighters" faded away, the new craze is now to look for Pskov VDV soldiers that supposedly fight in the anti-Kiev fighters ranks.

Not every Chechen is a terrorist.

Due to some external and internal events, Russia eventually deiced to slowly start taking the gloves off and now is providing the anti-Kiev fighters with T-72BM, ASVK, VSS etc.
Moreover, Russia upgraded its involvement in the conflict form simply sending "advisers" to the anti-Kiev fighters, to openly sending para-military support units and special teams to fight along side the anti-Kiev rebels.

Fallen.

Thanks Fallen.

If they don't consider themselves Ukrainians, then they should move back to Russia. what they are now engaged in is treason, aided and abetted by Russia.

The Ukrainians seem to be doing a good job of that. Thanks, but I've done my share of fighting Communists. I have no desire to take on their successors.

Your paratroopers mustn't be quite the elite troops you say if they got themselves captured 20 KM from the border. Hard time believing they got 'lost'.

Do you think that is the way Russians solve political disputes ?

I think Wiggen is nobody, he's not the one who has any right to tell people what they should do or where they should move.
He would have this right - if he took a rifle and went to Donbas. Because this is exactly how people there solve their problems now. But Wiggen doesn't want. Maybe because he knows that if he does that, he'll never get back home. Because Donbas people have rifles too.

By the way, the Kiev's governor of Donetsk oblast who had residence in Mariupol (due to unability to occupy the government residential building in Donetsk - the capital of region) yesterday fled.

So, seems to me, liberation of Mariupol is a matter of two or three days.

Last edited:
I think Wiggen is nobody, he's not the one who has any right to tell people what they should do or where they should move.
He would have this right - if he took a rifle and went to Donbas. Because this is exactly how people there solve their problems now. But Wiggen doesn't want. Maybe because he knows that if he does that, he'll never get back home. Because Donbas people have rifles too.

By the way, the Kiev's governor of Donetsk oblast who had residence in Mariupol (due to unability to occupy the government residential building in Donetsk - the capital of region) yesterday fled.

So, seems to me, liberation of Mariupol is a matter of two or three days.

Typical Moscow nonsense. Russians seem to believe that they have a right to own eastern Europe. This just in - you don't. Stop listening to your fantasy based news media and more importantly, stop invading your neighbors just because they won't bow down to you. Every one of your former satellites hates your guts, and for good reason.

No, they prefer tanks.

What a funny moralization from the country which for last 15 years invaded at least 3 countries, arranged at least 4 coups - apart from countless drone and air strikes on Pakistan, Yemen, Sudan etc. ;)

Soldiers in the same unit on a march, don't wear completely different sets of camo, don't wear t-shirts, and SBU calling the same guy with two different names gives even less credibility to the "OMG Russian VDV invasion" stuff.

They do when they don't want the international community to know that they're actually Russian soldiers.

What a funny moralization from the country which for last 15 years invaded at least 3 countries, arranged at least 4 coups - apart from countless drone and air strikes on Pakistan, Yemen, Sudan etc. ;)

Two countries and no coups. Sorry, but the Russian media lied again.

2 totalitarian dictatorships one of which was 100 percent justified in that they attacked us first, and zero coups, Russia has likewise invaded two countries both of which were liberal democracies and annexed the territory of one and committed ethnic cleansing in both.

They do when they don't want the international community to know that they're actually Russian soldiers.

You probably should listen/watch the SBU vids where the soldiers talk about the circumstances of their entry into Ukraine...

But let me guess, your next comment would be along the lines of:
"Russian terrorists ...blah blah....evil Russia... blah blah...tyrant Putin is...blah blah...crimes against humanity...etc"

Spare me from that drivel, and move along.

Fallen.

As far as I understand, you consider all people living in the former Ukraine Ukrainians? So, that's not true. Citizenship and nationality is not the same.

Thats what the Russians think since it seems Igor Strelkov and that former president of the anti-Kiev rebels arent even from Ukraine...

Two countries and no coups. Sorry, but the Russian media lied again.

Let's count together.

Invasions: Yugoslavia - 1999, Iraq, - 2003, Afghanistan - 2001.

Coups:

Venezuela - failed coup of 2002.

Libya - "revolution" of 2011.

Ukraine - "Orange revolution" of 2004.

Ukraine - "Maidan revolution" of 2013-2014.

I'm sure that's not all.

You probably should listen/watch the SBU vids where the soldiers talk about the circumstances of their entry into Ukraine...

But let me guess, your next comment would be along the lines of:
"Russian terrorists ...blah blah....evil Russia... blah blah...tyrant Putin is...blah blah...crimes against humanity...etc"

Spare me from that drivel, and move along.

Fallen.

Putin and his cohorts have been caught lying innumerable times since Euromaidan started, the annexation of the Crimea was a war crime as is the ethnic cleansing currently going on within so yes Putin is a war criminal who should be brought before the Hague, and RT's propaganda campaign has been Goebbelsesque in its duplicity, but that's besides the point, soldiers who are members of a military who are in illegal foreign occupation of sovereign Ukrainian territory have been caught further inside Ukrainian territory outside of regular military uniforms with fixed insignia in overt violation of the Geneva Conventions (just racking up those war crimes aren't we?) so by all rights the Ukraine can bring them before a regularly constituted military tribunal and if found guilty they can be executed for espionage.

Let's count together.

Coups:

I'm sure that's not all.

Not a single one of those can be traced back to the United States, we never funded, armed, trained, or directed those coups nor popular movements against the reigning government. What happened in the Ukraine was not a coup at all, the removal of the President was initiated by popular unrest and conducted through the Parliament, Libya was a domestic revolution only supported by the West following UN Permission and after it had already started, there is no evidence whatsoever for U.S. involvement in the failed Coup against Chavez.

Putin and his cohorts have been caught lying innumerable times since Euromaidan started, the annexation of the Crimea was a war crime as is the ethnic cleansing currently going on within so yes Putin is a war criminal who should be brought before the Hague, and RT's propaganda campaign has been Goebbelsesque in its duplicity, but that's besides the point, soldiers who are members of a military who are in illegal foreign occupation of sovereign Ukrainian territory have been caught further inside Ukrainian territory outside of regular military uniforms with fixed insignia in overt violation of the Geneva Conventions (just racking up those war crimes aren't we?) so by all rights the Ukraine can bring them before a regularly constituted military tribunal and if found guilty they can be executed for espionage.

...this level of hysteria and schizophrenia never ceases to amaze me.
It is as if people prefer to live in their own fantazy worlds instead of at least trying to understand/learn what is happeneing and how, choosing to repeat the same bs about "evil Putin, evil Russia...over and over again"...

Fallen.

It is as if people prefer to live in their own fantazy worlds instead of at least trying to understand/learn what is happeneing and how, choosing to repeat the same bs about "evil Putin, evil Russia...over and over again"...

Fallen.

Yeah and there is the whole "Who will Russia go after next?" garbage as if Putin is going to suddenly go wild on some military expedition to conquer Europe. I saw one article pop up on Twitter asking that question and I opened up the link thinking, "Hmmm, maybe they will bring up Moldova or Azerbaijan" since those are actually frozen conflicts that might heat up imminently where Russian intervention is plausible. Before the page even loaded I saw "Estonia" in the tab and promptly closed it.

Fallen.

Putin is a proven war criminal, it is a war crime to annex the territory of a sovereign country through military force which is exactly what Putin did, the ethnic cleansing currently occurring in the Crimea is another war crime and this has been proven by the United Nations Human Rights investigation into the matter.

Let's count together.

Coups:

I'm sure that's not all.

Yugoslavia was not invaded. And there is no evidence to support that the US was covertly involved in Venezuela or Ukraine (both revolutions). But hey, keep parroting what state media tells you. Don't think, because that's what Putin is for, right?

Yugoslavia was not invaded.

Tell that to Serbs. They will laugh at your very funny joke.

And there is no evidence to support that the US was covertly involved in Venezuela or Ukraine (both revolutions). But hey, keep parroting what state media tells you. Don't think, because that's what Putin is for, right?

Why Putin? Chavez many times accused USA at involvement at failed coup d'etat in Venezuela. Mr.Chavez was a frank man. I would trust him rather than any non-state US media.

Venezuela: Coup and Countercoup, Revolution | Global Research

US spent $5 billion to destabilize Ukraine

Apparently invading Ukraine is not a risk free operation for the Russians:

Special Report: Moscow stifles dissent as soldiers return in coffins

russian-paratroopers.jpg

Captured Russian soldiers in Ukraine

An accident? What rubbish. No soldiers make a 20 km mistake with GPS locators. Those were the lucky ones. In the Russian military, body bags returning home to Russia are known as Cargo 200.

cargo-200-truck_0.jpg

A cab and truck marked 200 (Cargo 200) carries the bodies of dead Russian soldiers from Ukraine back into Russia.

Simpleχity;1063770205 said:
cargo-200-truck_0.jpg

A cab and truck marked 200 (Cargo 200) carries the bodies of dead Russian soldiers from Ukraine back into Russia.

a. Actually, stupid soldiers with stupid commanders do even worse stuff than making a +/-30 km mistakes, while being on a vehicle at night.

b. Maybe instead of reposting bs, you would try to research the origianl photo of the "200 truck", and especially the date of the article in which it was originally posted.
I"ll give you a hint, this truck went through the Russian/Ukrainian border after a certain very bloody day in the early history of the conflict.

c. A general remark to our "evil Putin, evil Russia...etc friends".
I really like how the "media" is finally starting to catch up. Weeks after the appearance of actual evidence of Russia slowly "taking off the gloves" in this conflict. Unfortunately, it appeares that the political & military analysis is being done at the same rate, hence the often late and completely inadequate responses from the west.

Fallen.

a. Actually, stupid soldiers with stupid commanders do even worse stuff than making a +/-30 km mistakes, while being on a vehicle at night.
With GPS locators readily available worldwide, no modern military makes such a grievous mistake by accident, especially in a highly kinetic area such as the southeastern Russia/Ukraine border.

Back
Top Bottom