• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Capitol Rioters Called Pelosi’s Office Looking for Stuff They Left Behind on Jan. 6

A BS story!

Names....
We need the names of the people that called. The police have them all!
For goodness it's SLATE magazine.

Lol, I'm so gullible. Here, I thought it was true. :giggle:

Sting?

How can it be a sting when the perpetrators advertise their guilt by calling up and asking about what they left on the crime scene!
This.

It boggles the mind not only how stupid the offenders are but how desperate their apologists are to blame it on the cops.

Also, dog paddling in the shallow end of the gene pool, other Trumpublicans assembled yesterday in Arizona to hear Trump's well worn big lies and dog whistles. No new material. Nothing new was presented by Trump.

Rally attendees interviewed exhibited more incredible dumbassery:

Donald Trump, the crowd began to believe, was a body double, not the real Donald Trump. His fingers were too long they said. Speakers had to announce more than once that it was the real Donald Trump.

Gov. Newsom is a clone. The real Gov. Newsom has been tried in a secret court, was found guilty, and was executed.

The body double Trump was actually JFK.

Most - not all - of us have heard and seen and read so much of this insanity from Trump cultists we've become jaded. Their insanity now unquestionably defines them.

Is it a coincidence that the willful ignorance and stupidity exhibited by the insurrectionists in the OP were on display at Trump rally in Arizona? :rolleyes:
Comedy gold. How long before they start thinking the body double is actually a Deep State plant that the Dems installed to keep them distracted while they steal the country even more? :D:p:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Reality is that the capital police let them in.

Why do you ignore reality?
Not even remotely true.

More than a hundred officers were injured. What did the crowd just decide to attack after being peacefully let in? Are we not to believe the very footage of violence and assault we've seen with our own eyes?

Completely and utterly false.

Does it look like the police tried to stop anybody?

You guys wore this game out a long time ago.

Playing video time stamped as people were leaving, after the insurrection fell apart, and pretending it’s the same things as the crime itself, and trying to falsely assert that the doors were open for the mob.

The excuse is so lame and obviously false that it’s an insult to anyone who owns a TV.

But this sort of pathetic trash is what trump nation‘s only excuse.

Yes.

If joe biden, kamala harris amd democrat party propaganda networks had told the truth about the Jakob Blake shooting. We wouldn't have the deadly riots in Kenosha.
It's my belief that the Kenosha riots would have occurred regardless, so I don't think they're equivalent to what Trump did. But please feel free to start a new thread and link to it here, I'll discuss it more with you there as I don't want to hijack this one with a "whatabout" topic. Trump said what he said, and the Capitol rioters did what they did solely because of his words. And this thread is further proof that they were there because he made them think they should be there doing what they were doing.

If joe biden, kamala harris amd democrat party propaganda networks had told the truth about the Jakob Blake shooting. We wouldn't have the deadly riots in Kenosha.
Yeah sure, and the 9/11 attackers were emboldened by Obama I suppose...

The actions of people who were confident that they did nothing wrong.
Being "confident that they did nothing wrong" and "did not do what any rational person would know was wrong" do not mean the same thing.

From Slate

When Capitol Hill staffers were busy trying to clean up on Jan. 7, 2001, people in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office suddenly started answering an unusual set of phone calls. Some who had taken part in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot started calling Pelosi’s office to find out where they could recover any items they had left behind.

People who had stormed the Capitol, called “asking whether there was a lost and found because they forgot their phone there, or they left their purse or what have you,” Rep. Jamie Raskin told Insider. The staffers passed on the calls to law enforcement. “The officers quickly got on the phone and said, yeah, just give us your name, your address, your social, you know, and we’ll tie up those loose ends,” the Democratic lawmaker from Maryland said.

Raskin, who is on the congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6 riot, said ... That attitude that so many rioters had “underscores the central role that Donald Trump” played on what happened that day. But it also complicates things for the committee because “it does create a problem for assigning guilt at different levels of conduct.”

COMMENT:-
What I find amusing is that the people actually provided their names, addresses, social insurance numbers, and the like voluntarily.​
What I find depressing is that so many of the people believed that they had been "invited" to do what they did by Mr. Trump.​
That's precious ...

From Slate

When Capitol Hill staffers were busy trying to clean up on Jan. 7, 2001, people in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office suddenly started answering an unusual set of phone calls. Some who had taken part in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot started calling Pelosi’s office to find out where they could recover any items they had left behind.

People who had stormed the Capitol, called “asking whether there was a lost and found because they forgot their phone there, or they left their purse or what have you,” Rep. Jamie Raskin told Insider. The staffers passed on the calls to law enforcement. “The officers quickly got on the phone and said, yeah, just give us your name, your address, your social, you know, and we’ll tie up those loose ends,” the Democratic lawmaker from Maryland said.

Raskin, who is on the congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6 riot, said ... That attitude that so many rioters had “underscores the central role that Donald Trump” played on what happened that day. But it also complicates things for the committee because “it does create a problem for assigning guilt at different levels of conduct.”

What I find amusing is that the people actually provided their names, addresses, social insurance numbers, and the like voluntarily.​
What I find depressing is that so many of the people believed that they had been "invited" to do what they did by Mr. Trump.​
LOL

From Slate

Wasn’t Pelosi in charge of capital security?

Capitol was closed to tourists.
Trespassing is cool now?

Technically some of the money in the bank is mine. Doesn’t mean I can waltz into the vault and take what I want.
Well, if "basically you thought that you were allowed to take as much money as you wanted to take" it would mean that you COULD.

It would also mean that if "basically the bank thought that you weren't" then you would be entitled to a lengthy vacation at a government run facility.

Being "confident that they did nothing wrong" and "did not do what any rational person would know was wrong" do not mean the same thing.
I once had a standoff with woman's libber. I held the door for her, she wouldn't go in first. As I recall neither of us entered and we laughed about it years later. It was principle.

In this case if the door is open and security welcomes you and you traveled 100s or thousands of miles you go in. I am pretty sure I entered the Capitol every time I have visited DC.

What is a social insurance number?
Sorry, where I choose to live they have Social Insurance Numbers rather than Social Security Numbers. I have so little cause to use a Social Security Number (only when I file the US Income Tax Returns that the law requires me to file) that I sometimes forget about them.

It is no longer shocking to acknowledge and see the level of willful ignorance that exist in America after being on these type of forums and reading what Right Winger post and the things they say and do.

Last edited:
I think a lot of the people who entered the capital were not there for an insurrection but to be heard as protestors. As far as they are concerned they may have trespassed but were just protesters. As a former police officer I do not buy into that. As far as entering the Capitol they became a criminal and need to be charged. Once you go beyond standing around with a sign shouting your message you become a criminal and should be dispersed or arrested immediately. I just cannot fathom the tolerating of people burning, looting, destroying innocent peoples property, blocking the right of people to travel and the intimidation by our leaders. If you don't want this to become the norm rather than the exception our leaders need to stop the bias treatment of these people. For a year they look the other way and condone criminal behavior then when it is their lives being threatened rather than the citizens of this country it becomes a big deal. That tells me a lot about the leaders of the democratic party. They don't give a damn about the people just their own ass.

Just pondering what some might have been thinking.
I guess some of the more peaceful protestors didn't think they were in the wrong, and that they were on a self-guided tour of their nation's Capitol?
Maybe all didn't know the doors to the Capitol were forced open? Maybe by that time the barricades were forced opened by the first protestors to go in, and since the cops had abandoned their posts, they saw open barricades as it being okay to enter?
Oh, dear. 🤣

Oh, dear. 🤣

You don't appear to really believe in the meaning behind your DP name "reflechissez", do you?
Pondering for you but not for me?

Parlez-vous Francais?

:ROFLMAO:

You may now have the last word... Make it good.

Back
Top Bottom