• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canadians Warned The Government Can Confiscate Pets From Convoy Protesters

Yes you are right.....leaving the animals in in unattended trucks with no human care, no food or water , no walking or bathroom breaks is so much more humane than putting them in good care and finding them responsible foster care until their owner can retrieve them is so much kinder. Where do you guys get this stuff?
It was a mafia style threat pure and simple.

lol

Delusional beyond words.

In Tucson's protest, there were precisely two arrests. One for petty vandalism, and one for sexual assault, when some rando grabbed a protester by her bits.

Nothing caught fire, nobody fought.

Please demonstrate how this is delusional.

In Tucson's protest, there were precisely two arrests. One for petty vandalism, and one for sexual assault, when some rando grabbed a protester by her bits.

Nothing caught fire, nobody fought.

Please demonstrate how this is delusional.

You didn't specify you were talking about a singular event and even so I doubt your representation of it.

You didn't specify you were talking about a singular event and even so I doubt your representation of it.

I did.

And you can look it up yourself. I even gave you the city. Find me a riot.

Yes. And there is a legal procedure for dealing with it that does not involve grabbing people into unmarked cars without warrant or jurisdiction.
dont need a warrant for a crime in progress.
jurisdiction isn't limited a a certain amount of blocks near the courthouse.
If the local cops did their job the issue would be moot. However keep that crap out there and dont bring it to Florida where I am and you all can riot and loot as you please

It’s the pets of those arrested. Truck dogs live in trucks. Want them to cook or die of thirst/starvation?
"Truck dogs" live in trucks all the time ? wow. i did not know that.. thanks

I don't know. It's probably best to not take your pet along if you're planning on blocking international trade with your truck for days, though.
apparently these are "truck dogs" ( see my post above)

I did.

And you can look it up yourself. I even gave you the city. Find me a riot.

I said I didn't believe your depiction that there were only 2 arrests for minor infractions at your 'peaceful protest'. Of course you made sure to change that to "show me a riot".

Typical liberal dishonesty.

Tucson police release charges of 19 arrested during weekend protests​

Oh, you mean like those rioters during the summer of 2020?

What happened to "de-fund the police"? The anarchists were chanting that in Canada too, even though the George Floyd incident happened in America.

Now suddenly it's fine to use the police to crush the protesters in Ottawa? Why? What violence did these Ottawa protesters engage in? Anything like America's summer of rioting in 2020 that followed George Floyd incident? Nope.
The issue is that these peaceful protesters are opposing a Left-wing govt and its overreach. You can't accept their views, so you have to declare them evil, radical, and even violent -- all under false pretenses.
No PM has ever invoked the the 1988 Emergencies Act has been used. It's a totalitarian move
Pierre Trudeau did invoke a similar act in 1988 -but that was terrorism, not blocking traffic

The police will now be able to seize trucks and other vehicles used in blockades. The measure will formally ban demonstrations that “go beyond lawful protest,” he said, and the government will formally ban blockades in designated areas like border crossings, airports and the city of Ottawa.
Tow-truck operators, who have been reluctant to cooperate with the police, will now be compelled to work with law enforcement agencies
include expanding money laundering and antiterrorism powers to control the online crowdfunding platforms that have helped finance the protests. Credit card processors and fund-raising services will be required to report any blockade-related campaigns to Canada’s anti-money laundering agency.

The police will be exchanging information with banks about protesters, and their personal and business accounts may be frozen. Insurance companies will be required to revoke insurance on any vehicles used in blockades.

"Truck dogs" live in trucks all the time ? wow. i did not know that.. thanks
Most truckers live in their trucks except when they’re home. So their road dogs do too. See them all the time in our industry.

Now I understand that doesn’t fit the narrative you’ve been fed to be outraged about. But, to be honest, that’s usually the case.

apparently these are "truck dogs" ( see my post above)
I guess obstruction camping in the middle of a highway isn't the best place to take a truck dog.

Most truckers live in their trucks except when they’re home. So their road dogs do too. See them all the time in our industry.

Now I understand that doesn’t fit the narrative you’ve been fed to be outraged about. But, to be honest, that’s usually the case.
Im not looking for a narrative, i'm looking for the truth. see my sig

you act like it's a voluntary "uncared for". The Canadian government SEIZES the dog -
which causes the "relinquishment" after 8 days. why even go after the pets?
this is targeted to the convoys and not general welfare animal control
It doesn't matter if it's voluntary or not. In the US it's the same way...regardless of the circumstances

the dogs were doing fine when/until they got seized
Dogs can't help it if their owners are nutters who truck camp in the middle of the highway because they believe propaganda.

Liberals are wetting themselves in delight at totalitarian governments destroying common citizens who don't bow down to them.

Take their trucks, freeze their assets, threaten anyone who offers to help, throw them in jail and for good measure threaten their beloved pets.

For a group who constantly states how important the protection of Democracy is to them, they sure do seem to support facist acting governments.
The law applies here...don't like the law then work on changing it. They made their bed and knew the consequences...so stop whining.

Dogs can't help it if their owners are nutters who truck camp in the middle of the highway because they believe propaganda.
see my earlier response. the dogs were doing just fine.
On a more serious note this didnt have to happen if Trudeau would have simply met wit the truckers
instead of going all in on totalitarianism

On a more serious note this didnt have to happen if Trudeau would have simply met wit the truckers
You didn't buy into anti-vax propaganda, did you?

If only he had negotiated with terrorists.

I just can't imagine how much of a MF'er a government official would have to be to threaten to take a person's beloved pet in their continued heavy handed attempt to subdue any opposition to them.
I think they are just talking to the White Nationalist like they are a third grader. They are letting them know the consequences of future actions. Most adults would realize that bank seizures and impounding of pets are standard in these situations. It’s not a threat by the Government. They just realize their audience is not highly educated.

Im not looking for a narrative, i'm looking for the truth. see my sig
And you are looking through a set of lenses designed to make you outraged. If you live in your truck and get arrested your truck gets impounded and your dog goes to a shelter. Anybody should be able to get their dog out no problem. The alternative is to lest it starve or die of thirst waiting for your day in court?

And you talk about narratives. This whole pet hit is just a narrative. All of which sound great.

If you don’t think about it.

Why go after pets? Because their owners love them and are attached to them.
They can't seize protesters' children and permanently take them away. But pets are easier game for them to prey upon.
No one is going after their pets. They are notifying their owners that they will be placed in protective custody so they can be properly cared for until such time their owners can bond out or fulfill their court appearance obligations, and/or make arrangements for a family member or friend to come pick them up, as that is the humane thing to do. And if you truly love and are attached to your pet you will be sure to make those arrangements within that 8 day time period. If you don't I guess you really don't love them that much anyway. But they are forewarning you that you will be billed for that care. That's all. And anyone who would take their children along with them along on such a protest are complete idiots and deserve to have their parental judgement called into question.

Back
Top Bottom