• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canadian cannabis firms Tilray and Aphria reveal £2.8bn merger

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

All-share deal will create world’s largest weed company, as industry hopes for further liberalisation in US

Two of the leading players in Canada’s booming cannabis sector have announced merger plans that will create the world’s largest weed company, as the industry hopes for further liberalisation in the US under Joe Biden.

Tilray and Aphria announced an all-share deal giving the new entity a stock market value of C$4.8bn (£2.8bn), with the two companies’ combined revenues over the past 12 months amounting to an industry-leading £507m.

Both firms are based in Canada, where the legalisation of both medicinal and recreational marijuana has given birth to a fast-growing industry right on the doorstep of the potentially lucrative US market.
=========================================================================
After years of heavy use, I gave it up as the local variety was so potent that I was getting paranoid, which is not fun. Recently I got my Medical Marijuana card & carried a 4-pound bag of goodies from the local dispensary. After only a couple of days of use I actually experienced some interesting visual hallucinations. I was also so disoriented I had to ask my wife where to find the bathroom. This kind of 'over the top' reaction would not be good for newbies or automobile drivers. So have reservations about the spread of Cannabis.

I am looking forward to the day (someday) when we can shop across state lines, and from Canada & other countries. That said, I'm not fond of these big mergers as it has the potential to turn some strains into the equivalent of Budweiser, and make it hard to find other strains.

Back
Top Bottom