• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canada GDP up in May

Alberta’s sucked, and right now they are planning on having in school teaching. I doubt they are putting much effort into distance learning right now, so if they go that route I expect a poor learning experience at least at elementary levels.

Our Premier is just as bad as some US governors. He stated that we should not be to concerned about Covid 19 because the majority of deaths were among people older than 82 and the life expectancy is 81.

Yeah, I mean, you guys are ****ed, I'm sorry. If anyone in Alberta is listening to their government right now, they're in trouble. Non-conservatives in Alberta need to either move or organize at the community level, because you're not being represented whatsoever.

Alberta’s sucked, and right now they are planning on having in school teaching. I doubt they are putting much effort into distance learning right now, so if they go that route I expect a poor learning experience at least at elementary levels.

Our Premier is just as bad as some US governors. He stated that we should not be to concerned about Covid 19 because the majority of deaths were among people older than 82 and the life expectancy is 81.
My God! He's perfect for a slot in the Trump administration!

Still out in the mountains?

Nah.

But man, I can’t imagine what they’re going through now.

Even before all this, the practical destruction of the old structure of TFW and Sponsorship made it all but impossible to staff, especially Housekeeping.

Being in situation where you’re telling people that arrive at 8pm at night they don’t have a room ready is... Awkward to say the least and post COVID... Whether we’re talkin Big White, Revie, Banff, Jasper, doesn’t really matter where we’re talking, they’re all screwed, I don’t even know how they can even operate.

I hope they're not winning the milk war now.

To be honest, I'm nervous. The obsession we're seeing with getting kids back to class (rather than prioritizing remote learning, despite it being an option) will lead to a second wave that I'm not sure we're prepared for. This is the eye of the storm...we should be using the time to prepare, but instead we're all going sailing. Here's hoping we flattened the curve enough...but I'm not sending my kid back to class to be the canary in the mine.

Well Quebec have had kids going back to school for a while now and so far that seems to be fine. I imagine once the weather becomes cold again, so in like a month, we will see even lower rates of infection.

Well Quebec have had kids going back to school for a while now and so far that seems to be fine. I imagine once the weather becomes cold again, so in like a month, we will see even lower rates of infection.

Why is that?

Usually colds and the flu increase in the cold months

Yes, this is true. But that was due to a federal leadership strategy that is currently being abandoned by our provincial governments - particularly in Ontario, which is under, surprise surprise, conservative control. From what I've read, America actually has a better back to school plan in place - I mean, it's totally unfeasible, and the recommendations are almost impossible to implement, but the plan itself is better.

Not a fan of Doug Ford by any means and I think his management was overall underwhelming as most of the provinces go, but things are pretty well under control in Ontario, and frankly it's a bridge too far to accord all or even majoritarian credit to the federal government when so much pivoted on provincial leadership (as is clearly seen by the wild disparities between provinces).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom