• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can You Get COVID Or Any Virus By Touching Your Face? Then Why Wear A Mask?

Its beyond me how its become a political statement to refuse to wear a mask and ignore the science. The jackass of Pennsylvania Avenue has destroyed this country. I am not opposed to many of the platforms of the Republican party, but because they have selected a total jackass as their leader, they have lost their way. Its possible to hate the jackass, but not his party.

Same here.

however, there is no more republican party, it is now Trumpism.

It's like St. Ronnie never existed.

(How fast a fall from grace was Ronnie!)

Your comments never make much sense, other than most of them seem to be efforts to run away from earlier ones. But that one is just plain gibberish.
My comments make perfect sense and I dont run away from anything so you are left with no other option than to lie. Make an intelligent comment for once and see where it goes.

Same here.

however, there is no more republican party, it is now Trumpism.

It's like St. Ronnie never existed.

(How fast a fall from grace was Ronnie!)
False. And stupid. Not a single republican has lost an ounce of respect for Ronald Reagan. Stop listening to stupid people on tv then coming here and repeating what you heard.

False. And stupid. Not a single republican has lost an ounce of respect for Ronald Reagan. Stop listening to stupid people on tv then coming here and repeating what you heard.

Dude, when was the last time St Ronnie was mentioned by any cultist?

Dude, when was the last time St Ronnie was mentioned by any cultist?
Who are the cultists? And what sort of topic would lead one to bring up Reagan?

Who are the cultists? And what sort of topic would lead one to bring up Reagan?

Well let's see, I heard the name Ray-Gun daily in every forum and every GOP talking head for 30 years, then poof!

Trumpism is a cult and you know this, why play dumb?

Well let's see, I heard the name Ray-Gun daily in every forum and every GOP talking head for 30 years, then poof!

Trumpism is a cult and you know this, why play dumb?
No, the cult argument is made only by morons and if there is a topic where invoking Reagan is appropriate people will do so. The guy has been dead for 30 years so he doesnt pop up much in discussions of current events :rolleyes: Seriously, does everything have to be spelled out for you?

Last edited:
My comments make perfect sense and I dont run away from anything so you are left with no other option than to lie. Make an intelligent comment for once and see where it goes.
Your delusions are fun to observe.

No, the cult argument is made only by morons and if there is a topic where invoking Reagan is appropriate people will do so. The guy has been dead for 30 years so he doesnt pop up much in discussions of current events :rolleyes: Seriously, does everything have to be spelled out for you?

head in the sand much?

dude, Trumpism is a cult, it is what it is as your president says

None of your graphs even remotely address what I said, nor do any of your dopey comments. Try again.

Yes, I'm sure that you "think" that they don't.

After all, they don't parrot the latest version of the currently operative, officially sanctioned, "Team Trump" approved, White House issued, truth-of-the-day the way that every patriotic, right-thinking, patriotic, hard working, patriotic, honest, patriotic, real, patriotic, true, patriotic, conservative, patriotic, Christian, patriotic, White, patriotic, American, patriotic, patriot has been told to do?

This has nothing to do with Reagan at all. The fact that Trump is a jackass as leader of the republican party is incredible to me. He has hijacked the party. He completely lacks dignity and empathy; he is only out for himself. No other president in history has divided this country as much as the jackass; no one has made an art form of lying like him. We simply cannot afford four more years with him as leader. Its as simple as that.

So according to that math, the US has done better with Covid than 51 countries. I can name one of those pathetic countries that have done a worse job than the US in handling the virus: Yours. Yet you still have the nerve to show up here and criticize the US for its handling of the virus. 😂

Do you realize that a person picked at random in the UK actually has a lower chance of dying from COVID-19 than does a person picked at random in the US?

20-09-23 B2 - Death by Ability to Pay TABLE.JPG
[please ignore the 24 SEP 20 line, it was included by accident and it's too late to change it.]

While the UK is still within the ±5% window with the US regarding "Chance of Death", if the current trends continue unchanged, the UK will be outside that window (on the good side) someplace around 02 OCT 20.

Or maybe you'd like to look at this set of data and correlations

20-09-23 A3 - Comparison of Ratios TABLE.JPG

which shows that the UK has a higher overall (look at the two rightmost columns) ranking than the US does.

The US ranks worse than the UK in terms of "Deaths per Million", "Tests per Million", and "Deaths per Million vs Tests per Million".

On the other hand, since the facts don't support the latest version of the currently operative, officially sanctioned, "Team Trump" approved, White House issued, truth-of-the-day that all patriotic, right-thinking, patriotic, hard working, patriotic, honest, patriotic, real, patriotic, true, patriotic, conservative, patriotic, Christian, patriotic, White, patriotic, American, patriotic, patriot have been told they are to believe, possibly you won't.

I wear my mask like a responsible American that loves her country, unlike you.
So if the CDC says tomorrow, close all the non-necessary businesses for at least 6mo to, so call flatten the curve. Should they?

So if the CDC says tomorrow, close all the non-necessary businesses for at least 6mo to, so call flatten the curve. Should they?
we don't need to close everything for 6 months...1 month of compliance will work and requiring limited travel based on ID numbers, etc can work...also no non essential travel period...meaning your medication or a call in order to pick up groceries...pharmacy and grocery stores open only on alternating days by APPOINTMENT only.

I see quite a few calling him, the Bush family and McCain family RINO...which is anything but true.

Well, think of it in simpler terms. If you break your arm and the doctor tells you to not use it for several weeks, you can either follow that advice and have it heal within a normal time frame. If you choose to use your arm despite the instructions not to, it will take longer for your arm to heal and you could potentially injure it again. The one thing that's been clear is phased reopening policies which ease restrictions gradually tend to fare better than those which don't.

Well, think of it in simpler terms. If you break your arm and the doctor tells you to not use it for several weeks, you can either follow that advice and have it heal within a normal time frame. If you choose to use your arm despite the instructions not to, it will take longer for your arm to heal and you could potentially injure it again. The one thing that's been clear is phased reopening policies which ease restrictions gradually tend to fare better than those which don't.
Is that a yes?

we don't need to close everything for 6 months...1 month of compliance will work and requiring limited travel based on ID numbers, etc can work...also no non essential travel period...meaning your medication or a call in order to pick up groceries...pharmacy and grocery stores open only on alternating days by APPOINTMENT only.
It could be 6mo are you ok with it?

I see quite a few calling him, the Bush family and McCain family RINO...which is anything but true.
Ive not seen anyone do it, but if I do, Ill be the first to call that person out. McCain is a whole different story

And if you need your right arm to survive, you are going to use it. You are going to have to learn to live with this virus whether you like it or not. Destroying everyones lives and livilihood in the process is beyond moronic. Thank God we had Trump in office or we would not only be living through a global pandemic, but a global depression on top of it.

Over 80% of those who wear a mask misuse it. So the big question is, is the mask doing more harm than good? Are we preventing COVID or helping it?

It's about risk reduction. There is no sure fire way of not getting it unless you stay in your house.

And if you need your right arm to survive, you are going to use it. You are going to have to learn to live with this virus whether you like it or not. Destroying everyones lives and livilihood in the process is beyond moronic. Thank God we had Trump in office or we would not only be living through a global pandemic, but a global depression on top of it.

I got a flu shot the other day. I mention this because it doesn't mean for sure I won't get sick. It's part of "living with this virus" (actually more than one in the case of the flu).

Gathering in large maskless crowds is not living with it. It's denying it. What do you think the economy would be like if nobody could go to work?

Back
Top Bottom