• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can anyone remember a better few weeks for Conservatives?

RenoCon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
What a run! As a conservative, I am almost tired of winning:

IG report on FISA
"The Justice Department's inspector general offered a withering account of the FBI's handling of multiple surveillance requests for former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page...The report described a process as so dysfunctional..."
IG report: FBI accused of dysfunction, missteps in Carter Page wiretap

FISA Court gives Comey et. al. additional slap down.
"The FISA court officially acknowledged Thursday that the FBI submitted false information when obtaining warrants to surveil Trump campaign aide Carter Page. Therefore, the FISA warrants that were issued are invalid."
its-official-the-fisa-warrants-issued-against-carter-page-were-not-valid-n2560007

USMCA passed.
"President Donald Trump on Wednesday signed his signature trade deal with Mexico and Canada into law..."
Trump shuns Democrats as he signs bipartisan USMCA - POLITICO

China cuts tariffs after Trump exerts trade pressure.
"China announced Thursday it will cut tariffs on $75 billion of U.S. imports by half, starting next week."
China to cut tariffs in half on $75 billion of U.S. goods - MarketWatch

Trump acquitted by Senate.
"President Donald Trump was acquitted from both of House Democrats' partisan articles of impeachment on Tuesday..."
Trump Acquitted From Democrats’ Partisan Articles Of Impeachment | The Daily Wire

Trump gives rousing SOTU.
"President Trump gave his second State of the Union address Tuesday night, and only the most blinkered partisan could deny that the speech was a success."
The State of the Union was Trump's best speech in two years

Pelosi throws fit.
"Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) filed an ethics complaint against Pelosi...Pelosi's "conduct was beneath the dignity of the House, and a potential violation of law (18 USC 2071).""
https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/p...check/67-a98ed5b1-a08e-4945-ac57-1af5cb837a67

Even James Carville is critical of Democrats.
"...Democratic operative James Carville criticized the Democratic party for the handling of the primary process and how former Vice President Joe Biden has hurt the party."
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...back_or_we_have_four_more_years_of_trump.html

Utah Republican moves to oust Romney from the Republican Party.
"A Utah lawmaker has filed a bill to allow Utahans to recall an elected United States senator...Sen. Mitt Romney, who has been among the few Republican senators publicly critical of President Donald Trump."
https://www.ksl.com/article/46711309/utah-lawmaker-files-bill-to-allow-recall-of-sitting-us-senator

Iowa Democratic caucus is a total debacle.
"The Democratic Party's first big showing in the 2020 election has been an unmitigated disaster.""
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...y-on-hillary-clintons-former-campaign-manager

Biden, the DNC favorite, finishes a disappointing 4th (we think) in Iowa.
"Former Vice President Joe Biden came in fourth place in the Iowa caucuses with about 13% of the vote...underperforming his recent polling."
https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-biden-flopped-in-the-iowa-caucuses-2020-2?op=1

DC Circuit Court throws out emoluments case
"The U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit on Friday threw out Democratic members of Congress' lawsuit alleging President Donald Trump is violating the Constitution's Emoluments Clause."
https://www.law.com/nationallawjour...-trump-and-his-hotel/?slreturn=20200108001456

Vindman fired.
Sondland recalled.

"... Mr. Trump ordered Gordon D. Sondland...recalled from his post as the ambassador to the European Union on the same day that Lt. Col. Alexander S. Vindman...was marched out of the White House by security guards."
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/07/us/politics/alexander-vindman-gordon-sondland-fired.html

Democrat infighting continues.
"Despite an initial tout of unity from Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vermont, at the beginning of the debate, it didn't take long for the opponents to take aim against one another."
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/key-takeaways-abc-news-democratic-debate/story?id=68839504

Can any Conservatives out there recall a better couple of months than this? I recall the Reagan years as a slow roll of success, but do not recall this kind of winning at any time in my life.

Trump is a marvel.

Trump has always been a marvel.

Have your fun while you can, the pandemic is here, and a global depression likely follows.

FUN TIMES!

Why do you believe a narcissist is such a marvel?

The two are in no way exclusionary for starters.

Then too Trump is not a narcissist in any way that is bad, he is actually a low ego person......Trump The BiG Man is a show that was put on for you, because Trump wants something from you, and this tends to work. He knows because he has spent his life being extremely busy experimenting.

Trump did not get to be one of the if not the best politician of his generation by accident, he worked very hard to get to be this good.

Last edited:

Then too Trump is not a narcissist in any way that is bad, he is actually a low ego person......Trump The BiG Man is a show that was put on for you, because Trump wants something from you, and this tends to work. He knows because he has spent his life being extremely busy experimenting.

Trump did not get to be one of the if not the best politician of his generation by accident, he worked very hard to get to be this good.

, he is actually a low ego person.

You made my day bud!

Trump is not a narcissist in any way that is bad,

I have never witnessed "Narcissism" so soften up before

Wow! Just wow!

You made my day bud!

I have never witnessed "Narcissism" so soften up before

Wow! Just wow!

You offer Zero, WHY IS THAT?

I did my best to help you!

On the contrary, it was you who offered "Zero"

I offered an argument.

Clearly you turned up incapable of understanding it, recognizing it.

GOOD TO KNOW!

Wanting to be president, involves at least some small measure of narcissism.

It could be sense of duty, or not being capable of watching America crash without making an effort.

Which is what it is with Trump.

It could be sense of duty, or not being capable of watching America crash without making an effort.

Which is what it is with Trump.

Which could still involve narcissism, simply because he's the one who think's he is the only one capable of doing it.

Notice how thin your posts are...

Can you do better?

Well, some get to the point right away

Some on here write books and never fully say what they need to

I believe it was a poor one at that

Given that you did not bother to test out your theory by besting my argument perhaps you are wrong.

You are not afraid of me are you?

Given that you did not bother to test out your theory by besting my argument perhaps you are wrong.

You are not afraid of me are you?

I'm not afraid of anyone who still believes in our broken political system starting with it's very citizenry.

Is that you?

Which could still involve narcissism, simply because he's the one who think's he is the only one capable of doing it.

Come on man, you are better than this.....no one else was stepping up, it turns out that Washington is so corrupt now that the swamp was able to shiv all who refused to sing the proper songs, but because Trump never subcontracted out his head as the Modern Morons do , and because is was a builder in NYC and not in the swamp, and because he is DJT, and because he had a lot of money he was able to go around the swamp...THE FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA.

Did you ever listen to Carlin....he got it...."It is a club, and you are not in it"....Trump is not in it either, and not for lack of trying. .

Trump is there because no one else over a lot of years was willing to do it.

This is chore to him.

Last edited:
Come on man, you are better than this.....no one else was stepping up, it turns out that Washington is so corrupt now that the swamp was able to shiv all who refused to sing the proper songs, but because Trump never subcontracted out his head as the Modern Morons do , and because is was a builder in NYC and not in the swamp, and because he is DJT, and because he had a lot of money he was able to go around the swamp...THE FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA.

Did you ever listen to Carlin....he got it...."It is a club, and you are not in it"....Trump is not in it either, and not for lack of trying. .

Trump is there because no one else over a lot of years was willing to do it.

This is chore to him.

It probably is a chore to him. I just can't ignore the fact that after all these years, we've seen him act like this for decades and I'm not saying that such is necessarily a bad thing.

In the past he was a typical New York democrat, which covered many bases and now that he's become more of a populist. He's lost favor with all of the democrats that he was rubbing elbows with for the last twenty years.

I'm more than willing to give him the next four years, all things considered.

Wanting to be president, involves at least some small measure of narcissism.

Lets revisit this again?

"The first one put at the helm will be a good one, Nobody knows what sort may come afterwords" - Ben Franklin

I know what sort comes after Mr. Franklin

I read him the same but come out with a difference regarding his audience. Trump "is a show" because he has no self, or feels he has no self, other than what he is able to reflect in others. It's why he never reads. A book has no interest in its reader. In his mind truth is strictly what he can make others believe.

But what explains you? Why is someone with low self esteem who makes it in the world by playacting your idea of a good national leader or even a good politician?

Last edited:
Why do firings, recalls, political infighting, reports of FBI malfeasance, acquittals in corruption cases, caucus debacles, gambits in trade wars, and politicians throwing fits fail to lift my spirits?

Losing less than the other guy may technically be "winning", but it's a Pyrrhic victory.

Why do firings, recalls, political infighting, reports of FBI malfeasance, acquittals in corruption cases, caucus debacles, gambits in trade wars, and politicians throwing fits fail to lift my spirits?

Losing less than the other guy may technically be "winning", but it's a Pyrrhic victory.

becasue we need to know more about what is really going on in washington, at least us US citizens do.. this is opening the door. we need to oppose China and make sure our trade is conducted fairly and without underhanded espionage. we need to know if the FBI is working FOR the people of the US or against them. without all of this we would not know.

Back
Top Bottom