• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush is considered most important problem facing the country

Dogger807

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Bush is considered most important problem facing the country...well 4% of those surveyed offered our current president when asked "What do you think is the most important problem facing this country today?"

http://pollingreport.com/prioriti.htm

Now before we get partisan on this one , I'd like to point out no other president has ever made the list before. I've said it before, I've never seen a president so throughly hated by half (now maybe a majority) of our population.

People are quick to bring up the fact that Clinton had a big scandal in his presidency , but this presidency seems to one big scandal after another.

The most recent disturbing one (at least to me )
“Bush is slashing social service spending across the board and using the faith-based initiative to divert attention from the cuts,” said Lynn. “This initiative is a scam, and I hope America’s religious leaders and the American people don’t fall for it.”

http://www.au.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=8095&abbr=cs_

Well there is more to it than that, so do your research before you bash the source. It's my experience people who support bush don't like this organization.

Let's face it.. this guy is not uniting us ... he's splitting us further and further apart.

OK.. I'm done.. you can start making excuses for him now.

It's not Bush that is divding us. The ones dividing us are the liberal democrats who are undermining this administration for political gain. If you keep yelling and saying the same thing over and over and over and over, a lot of people are going to believe it. The Clinton presidency was the most scandalous presidency in the history of this nation. The fact is, this nation is at war. We should have been at war during Clinton's administration, but he didn't have the stomach for it.

Bush has done nothing that is impeachable.

Alias said:
It's not Bush that is divding us. The ones dividing us are the liberal democrats who are undermining this administration for political gain. If you keep yelling and saying the same thing over and over and over and over, a lot of people are going to believe it. The Clinton presidency was the most scandalous presidency in the history of this nation. The fact is, this nation is at war. We should have been at war during Clinton's administration, but he didn't have the stomach for it.

THe liberal dems are causing the divide? hmm, so is it the dems that are responsible for starting this war by misleading the public? were it the dems that claim that there's no such thing as global warming? were it the dems that are so closely linked with corrupt lobbyists (probably, but none have pled guilty YET)? Were it dems that advocated torture? Were it dems that advocated illegal wiretaps on US citizens? Were it the dems that denied any accountability for Katrina? The list goes on and on. This administration has not been honest with the american public since the first day they took office.
Is it then any wonder why the public is so pissed at these liars?
Naturally granted that the dems are probably no more better, however that's not the premise and that's deffinetely not the cause of why this president is so dispised.

Alias, these are exactly the tactics that are rewarded on election day...can you really blame the players who remain in the running for using the tools that work, as opposed to fading into anonymity along with everyone else who doesn't use them?

sure, his lawyers are probably good enough to keep things on the politically advantageous side of legality, but I think alot of people are upset by the questionable morality of his actions. You know, kinda like how you dislike Clinton and think of him as the most scandalous president in our history despite the fact that he came off with a clean record.

jfuh said:
THe liberal dems are causing the divide? hmm, so is it the dems that are responsible for starting this war by misleading the public? were it the dems that claim that there's no such thing as global warming? were it the dems that are so closely linked with corrupt lobbyists (probably, but none have pled guilty YET)? Were it dems that advocated torture? Were it dems that advocated illegal wiretaps on US citizens? Were it the dems that denied any accountability for Katrina? The list goes on and on. This administration has not been honest with the american public since the first day they took office.
Is it then any wonder why the public is so pissed at these liars?
Naturally granted that the dems are probably no more better, however that's not the premise and that's deffinetely not the cause of why this president is so dispised.

Let's start with your second sentence..."THe liberal dems are causing the divide? hmm, so is it the dems that are responsible for starting this war by misleading the public?

First of all, Bush did not start this war. Saddam started this war when he iinvaded Kuwait in 1990. Saddam never surrendered. There was a cease fire wtih conditions. Saddam continued shooting at planes for the next 12 years, funding terrorism, now proven he interacted with terrorists and let them train there, and the oil for food scandal. You want to talk about Bush's scandals, but the biggest scandal in recent history was taking place between the UN, Russia, and Iraq and a few other countries. Democrats voted to give Bush the right to use force and he did. Therefore, you entire argument is based on a mistake that Bush started this war. That spin has worked a lot for you guys, but not today.

Befuddled_Stoner said:
Alias, these are exactly the tactics that are rewarded on election day...can you really blame the players who remain in the running for using the tools that work, as opposed to fading into anonymity along with everyone else who doesn't use them?

sure, his lawyers are probably good enough to keep things on the politically advantageous side of legality, but I think alot of people are upset by the questionable morality of his actions. You know, kinda like how you dislike Clinton and think of him as the most scandalous president in our history despite the fact that he came off with a clean record.

Here is something that you should read:

http://www.prorev.com/legacy.htm

dogger807 said:
OK.. I'm done.. you can start making excuses for him now.

Bush Derangement Syndrome is alive and well.

"Diane Rehm: ``Why do you think he (Bush) is suppressing that (Sept. 11) report?''

Howard Dean: ``I don't know. There are many theories about it. The most interesting theory that I've heard so far -- which is nothing more than a theory, it can't be proved -- is that he was warned ahead of time by the Saudis. Now who knows what the real situation is?''

-- ``Diane Rehm Show,'' NPR, Dec. 1 "

Alias said:
Here is something that you should read:

http://www.prorev.com/legacy.htm

Man I almost heard a **SMACK** sound with that one.

CLINTON MACHINE CRIMES
FOR WHICH CONVICTIONS
HAVE BEEN OBTAINED

Drug trafficking (3),
racketeering, extortion, bribery (4),
tax evasion, kickbacks, embezzlement (2),
fraud (12),
conspiracy (5),
fraudulent loans,
illegal gifts (1),
illegal campaign contributions (5),
money laundering (6),
perjury,
obstruction of justice.

Alias said:

Wow, you are a hardline supporter of the Bush neocons. Well good for you. Stick to your guns!

However, Bush's popularity will continue to decline in the general public. Katrina broke the seal on this illusion of security they have worked so hard to conjure up. The opinions of people who actually believe the things you are saying (like liberal democrats are dividing, blah, blah, blah - you know Ann Coulter style rants), well those people will start to matter less and less as more people CONTINUE to wake up.

So I applaud your blind support of the president as he hides behind the troops , runs American crediability on a global stage into the ground, while pushing money to his croonies and leaving the bill for your grandchildren. You are a trooper!

Anybody know how that impeachment is coming along?

KCConservative said:
Anybody know how that impeachment is coming along?

Slowly but surely....it would seem:

"28 members of US Congress have now signed on to H Res 635, including US Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), the original co-sponsor, Atlanta Progressive News has learned. Meanwhile, US cities of Arcata, Santa Cruz, and San Francisco, each in California, have passed resolutions recommending Bush’s impeachment.

US Rep Martin Sabo (D-MN) was the latest member of Congress to sign Conyers’s resolution, which would create a Select Committee to investigate the grounds for impeaching President Bush. Phone calls to Sabo’s press secretary Friday were not immediately returned. Sabo is the first member of US Congress to sign on to the bill since February 16, 2006."

http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_matthew__060304_28_us_reps_want_bush.htm

akyron said:
Man I almost heard a **SMACK** sound with that one.

CLINTON MACHINE CRIMES
FOR WHICH CONVICTIONS
HAVE BEEN OBTAINED

Drug trafficking (3),
racketeering, extortion, bribery (4),
tax evasion, kickbacks, embezzlement (2),
fraud (12),
conspiracy (5),
fraudulent loans,
illegal gifts (1),
illegal campaign contributions (5),
money laundering (6),
perjury,
obstruction of justice.

Compared to robbing the people of the properly elected administration in 2000? Compared to dropping the ball on intelligence leds left by the previous administration that would have prevented 9/11? Compared to twisting facts to start a war that killed at least 30,000 civilians and has injured 17,000 Americans, and killed approaching 3,000, and cost $300 BILLION! Compared to no-bid contracts being awarded in plain site to croonies worth billions of dollars? Compared to running up a deficit that will burden the US for a generation or so (take a look at how it has grown under Bush)?

Please. We could argue all you want about he did this and he did that.

Bottom line is Clinton's approval rates never got ANYWHERE NEAR the level that Bush's are at right now. And if it wasn't for the fact there wasn't a Dem candidate with Clinton's appeal and skill in 2004 (and 2000), Bush would not be in office right now.

You may not want to see it, but you better pray for a Clinton like candidate to win in 2008, or a McCain like canadidate from the GOP; cause the strength of the US isn't infinate and I doubt it could take another term from a Bush like administration and still be the world's leading power.

tecoyah said:
Slowly but surely....it would seem:

"28 members of US Congress have now signed on to H Res 635, including US Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), the original co-sponsor, Atlanta Progressive News has learned. Meanwhile, US cities of Arcata, Santa Cruz, and San Francisco, each in California, have passed resolutions recommending Bush’s impeachment.

US Rep Martin Sabo (D-MN) was the latest member of Congress to sign Conyers’s resolution, which would create a Select Committee to investigate the grounds for impeaching President Bush. Phone calls to Sabo’s press secretary Friday were not immediately returned. Sabo is the first member of US Congress to sign on to the bill since February 16, 2006."

http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_matthew__060304_28_us_reps_want_bush.htm
Two more democrats. Surprise, surprise. Let's see, in a Republican held Congress, do you think you'll have the numbers to impeach?

How low do his approval ratings have to get before he resigns? :2razz: Any predictions?

KCConservative said:
Two more democrats. Surprise, surprise. Let's see, in a Republican held Congress, do you think you'll have the numbers to impeach?

Redistricting is the only thing that will allow the GOP to keep congress in 2006. Look at the popular votes and you'd think that they would lose it.

KCConservative said:
How low do his approval ratings have to get before he resigns? :2razz: Any predictions?

He'd never resign. Because he doesn't care what the public thinks. The neocons have nothing but contempt for the constituion. They have their agenda and they will push it until the physically can't anymore. It will run the US into the ground, but they see it as the path to American destiny - to bring freedom to the world with bombs and line the pockets of the bomb makers.

If you don't change your direction, you are likely to end up where you are headed.

KCConservative said:

Well, you did ask how it was coming....and so I answered. "I" wont have the numbers to impeach...and really dont want an impeachment, as I think it would be very bad for the country. I do think there is reason to hold Mr. Bush accountable for numerous deficiencies in either Policy, or action, but the politics of an impeachment would not be a good Idea in my view.

KCConservative said:
So, if I'm reading what you're saying, the Republicans' allegiance to their party is more important than what's right for the country. That's nice. Real nice.

shuamort said:
So, if I'm reading what you're saying, the Republicans' allegiance to their party is more important than what's right for the country. That's nice. Real nice.

Alliegiance to the GOP is mostly from people being told what is right for the country as oppose to thinking for themselves.

It would be pretty hard for a party that benefits a minority to win a majority, if their supporters actually thought about what was best for the country when they voted in the first place.

KCConservative said:

He's ordained by God isn't he? Polls mean nothing.

python416 said:
Wow, you are a hardline supporter of the Bush neocons. Well good for you. Stick to your guns!

However, Bush's popularity will continue to decline in the general public. Katrina broke the seal on this illusion of security they have worked so hard to conjure up. The opinions of people who actually believe the things you are saying (like liberal democrats are dividing, blah, blah, blah - you know Ann Coulter style rants), well those people will start to matter less and less as more people CONTINUE to wake up.

So I applaud your blind support of the president as he hides behind the troops , runs American crediability on a global stage into the ground, while pushing money to his croonies and leaving the bill for your grandchildren. You are a trooper!

It's because I love America, not Bush. The alternative is too abhorrent to even think about.

Alias said:
The alternative is too abhorrent to even think about.

And in this failure to think....we see true weakness, and the cowardess that kills nations.

tecoyah said:
And in this failure to think....we see true weakness, and the cowardess that kills nations.

Go **** yourself loser. This country is going down the drain because of asswhipes like you who twist the truth and lie to achieve power. You're nothing but a nit on a gnat's nut. If you don't understand what that is, it's a pretty small organism.

I don't have to turn around and look in the toilet to see what's in there after I'm done. Obviously you do.

Alias said:
Go **** yourself loser. This country is going down the drain because of asswhipes like you who twist the truth and lie to achieve power. You're nothing but a nit on a gnat's nut. If you don't understand what that is, it's a pretty small organism.

welcome to the basement. :2wave:

Alias said:

I don't have to turn around and look in the toilet to see what's in there after I'm done. Obviously you do.
Moderator's Warning:
Go f yourself indeed? There's no call for that type of "debating" in this forum. You've been warned already today. One bit of advice, knock it off.

Back
Top Bottom