• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

British scientist visiting Atlanta suburb killed by stray bullet while lying in bed

British Scientist Killed in Sleep by Stray Bullet While Visiting U.S. |  PEOPLE.com

"The death also shocked Brookhaven, a city of some 55,000. In 2017, a home security organization named it the tenth-safest city in Georgia and the safest in populous DeKalb County — a ranking based on metrics including FBI reports, crime trends, the number of law enforcement officials and unemployment levels. The police have urged witnesses to come forward with any information related to the shooting."

Dang, I'm sure his loved ones had that talk about gun risk in America before he left. Sucks. :(

Isn't it odd....... only loaded guns kill people and isn't it odd only people can load the guns obviously
the two do not mix.

Our fabulous Gun Nuts will tell us that he would have eventually died of something someday anyway!
No big deal, everyones gonna die anyway!

PRAISE GUN!!!!!🙏
Stop complaining and find the dumbass that was firing random shots. The gun didn't fire itself, some ass did it. Put them in jail. Soft on crime is the problem.

Stop complaining and find the dumbass that was firing random shots. The gun didn't fire itself, some ass did it. Put them in jail. Soft on crime is the problem.

And when they do the gun will be taken out of circulation too. Funny that they do that when ‘guns don’t kill people, people do.’ I mean you’d think they’d put the innocent firearm up for adoption in a better foster home after being so recklessly abused in the hands of a miscreant m’right?

That poor man and his devastated family.

"The Briton’s killing made headlines in Britain, which has one of the lowest gun homicide rates in the world and some of the strictest firearms laws, including comprehensive background checks. By contrast, 2020 was the deadliest gun violence year for the United States in decades, with nearly 20,000 Americans killed, according to data from the Gun Violence Archive."

Last edited:
And when they do the gun will be taken out of circulation too. Funny that they do that when ‘guns don’t kill people, people do.’ I mean you’d think they’d put the innocent firearm up for adoption in a better foster home after being so recklessly abused in the hands of a miscreant m’right?
I think crime guns otherwise legal to own should be auctioned and resold. That’s a very common sense way to dispose of them

I think crime guns otherwise legal to own should be auctioned and resold. That’s a very common sense way to dispose of them

Well, that’s not what happens is it, because dangerous weapons need to be taken out of circulation.

Well, that’s not what happens is it, because dangerous weapons need to be taken out of circulation.
No they don’t.

In many states that’s exactly what happens. When I lived in Kitsap County the sheriffs department auctioned all the evidence guns as long as they were legal to own otherwise.

There is no need to take a gun “out of circulation” if the same model can be legally owned

Take guns out of circulation, and shit like this doesn't happen. Guns are in a category all by themselves in terms of risk, and they should be regulated like it. It's pretty hard to accidentally kill a stranger with a knife....
Maybe “shit like this” is an acceptable price to pay for a civil Liberty.

This type of death is exceedingly rare, so rare to the point where driving to the house from work is a bigger danger. Take the cars out of circulation and that won’t be a risk

Our fabulous Gun Nuts will tell us that he would have eventually died of something someday anyway!
No big deal, everyones gonna die anyway!

PRAISE GUN!!!!!🙏
Nevermind that some dysfunctional, fatherless gangbanger - the product of the left's war on the family - was who was firing, right??

Oh, no wait... it must have been a racist, white supremacist, huh??

I've had guns my whole life - somehow managed to shoot exactly no one. Go figure.

What a horrible tragedy. Too many innocent people being killed.

You're an absolute monarchist. By definition, you don't believe in civil liberty.
No, that’s an invalid argument. Your conclusion does not follow from the premise.

Back
Top Bottom