• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

Do we include Europeans and Asians who are not military coming anywhere near Somalia?

If so, we got ourselves a deal. Sink them all or none.
Piracy is the only response available to them and I won't condemn them

How you deal with incursions within those 12 miles is your business. Deal.

They are not hostile to the Christian religion... mostly the Muslim religion

And that is from a member of the GOP... The party has been infected by many nonconservative principles... Telling citizens to not practice their religion on their own private property isn't exactly small government or government in favor of individual freedom and liberty. The right was quick to defend Dr Laura for calling a woman a racial slur on the radio... freedom of speech, but the Muslims, no.. they won't defend Muslims at all.

That's generally my understanding also but when the term is being used for Gay Rights issues then that might be a leap too far.

That is pretty much how I defined the term and you argued with me.... I only argued that not defending gay rights was not a Libertarian thing to do. It's not really a neocon thing to do or not do. However, a lot of Christian Conservatives are attracted to the neocon principles like waging war on the east and stating the US is their country, and the Muslims have no place...

Last edited:

Do you have anything at all, stats for example, to support your contentions?

Do you have anything at all, stats for example, to support your contentions?

Grant,

I don't know why you want to prove me wrong so bad... Pretty much everybody here who has had something to say about our exchange has agreed with me on what the definition of Nonconservative is. You can go back and reread the thread again.

I am also entitled to my opinions, which is that the GOP has been largely infected by Nonconservative principles.... look at the way the GOP acted under the Bush Admin and supported his foreign policy. Who supported his policy in the GOP... the Christian base.

I am also not alone in this opinion, as I quoted a member of the GOP above... so what's your beef with my opinion? Can you argue I am being wrong?

Please don't be offended by a difference of opinion, SheWolf, and I mean no disrespect.

When we are debating an issue it seems to me that we have to first start with some mutually agreed upon facts and then draw our conclusions and points of view from that. But if we are just offering opinions without relying on any real facts then it makes it more difficult to offer an opposing pont of view, and I'll just have to let it go. I feel we are involved on these boards to have our opinions challenged in order that we can better know what might be true and what is just a belief. We're all anonymous here so it is never really anything personal, so please don't take it that way.

Regards. Grant

Wouldn't it be true to say that gay rights are compatible with libertarianism and neo-conservatism, but not with traditional conservatism? Fighting and/or actively defending them would be compatible and even likely from a libertarian, but, for pragmatic (some would say opportunistic) reasons, Neo-cons would be only likely to argue for gay rights in states to which they wish to export 'democracy'. They appear hot on it while criticising Moslems, but are decidedly lukewarm about it at home. I don't know about the US, but that tends to be how they all operate over here.

Last edited:

I hope US does not recognize Somaliland anytime soon.
Somaliland should not and will not disrupt further ties with our neighboring Somalis just to try and get in the West's good books. It is not worth it.

And yes I support some of their action. I thought I made that clear in this thread and previous ones :shrug:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…