• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boss ‘joked’ about shooting Black people, and worker who complained was fired, feds say

There are a lot of people upset with the direction the country has been going.
There are a lot of stupid people who have no clue of the direction the country is going.
People who want this country to be better.
Like those who want to deny rights to some people, impose their religion on others, who think that integrity and intellect is a bad choice. Well those should go and **** themselves.
A subset of those support Trump, who you could call "MAGA" based on his political slogan.
Nothing connected to Trump can lead to anything better.
There are also a small number of racist stupid people.
No, sadly there are lots of them
These groups don't always overlap. Painting them all with the same brush is stupid.
Well, 74 million of the voted for Trump. 1.7 million in Georgia voted for Walker. How is it that they do not overlap?
Only one large brush should be used for those degenerates.

There are a lot of people upset with the direction the country has been going. People who want this country to be better. A subset of those support Trump, who you could call "MAGA" based on his political slogan.

These groups don't always overlap. Painting them all with the same brush is stupid.

Can we at least acknowledge that David Alcorn, is a registered republican in Oklahoma and was promoted to president of the company? Can we also acknowledge that he cost the company $250,000 and a microscope up the companies ass for the next three years?

I didnt call you either a conservative nor a MAGA but you suggested someone who made comments about MAGA was equating that to "conservatives." There is a reason we "progressives" use the MAGA term. WE do realize the difference. We also believe if it quacks like a duck it must be a duck.
no that is untrue, I have noticed many references to MAGA and racism that applies only to conservative principles, such as having a secure border where <GASP> not eveyone might be able to be let loose in the country until they have had their asylum hearing and won it, YET MANY of your associates here kneejerk THAT opinion as MAGA and racist when it is merely a different opinion out of concern for the current citizenry and our economy, of ALL races.

Thus I would conclude that many of them DO NOT know exactly what MAGA is and use the term much too loosely , just as with the current "racism" call word.

no that is untrue, I have noticed many references to MAGA and racism that applies only to conservative principles, such as having a secure border where <GASP> not eveyone might be able to be let loose in the country until they have had their asylum hearing and won it, YET MANY of your associates here kneejerk THAT opinion as MAGA and racist when it is merely a different opinion out of concern for the current citizenry and our economy, of ALL races.

Thus I would conclude that many of them DO NOT know exactly what MAGA is and use the term much too loosely , just as with the current "racism" call word.
The thread title is:

Boss ‘joked’ about shooting Black people, and worker who complained was fired, feds say​

BUT...................

You want to use this thread as a soapbox to whine about how MAGAs are talked about? Like I said, if it quacks like a duck.......................

Funny guy. He should try open mic night some time.
I have tried using wit and sarcasm, satire and just plain being funny with the crowd here, but alas, the Righties get too easily ticked off and usually go on a tangent when I do :(

I think its absolutely wrong.

you have a skewed view of conservatives.

I am thinking of the deplorables in trump nation, where bigotry, and race baiting are coin of the realm. Trump ran on it, and made it a core principle.

Whataboutism gives a clue to its meaning in its name. It is not merely the changing of a subject to deflect away from an earlier subject as a political strategy; it’s essentially a reversal of accusation, arguing that an opponent is guilty of an offense just as egregious or worse than what the original party was accused of doing, however unconnected the offenses may be.

The tactic behind whataboutism has been around for a long time. Rhetoricians generally consider it to be a form of tu quoque, which means "you too" in Latin and involves charging your accuser with whatever it is you've just been accused of rather than refuting the truth of the accusation made against you. Tu quoque is considered to be a logical fallacy, because whether or not the original accuser is likewise guilty of an offense has no bearing on the truth value of the original accusation.

Whataboutism is an argumentative tactic where a person or group responds to an accusation or difficult question by deflection. Instead of addressing the point made, they counter it with “but what about X?”.

Or, more succinctly, “I am paper you are glue, whatever I say sticks to you”

There are a lot of people upset with the direction the country has been going. People who want this country to be better. A subset of those support Trump, who you could call "MAGA" based on his political slogan.

Racism and MAGA go together hand in glove. Donald Trump worked to appeal to angry white bigots from the day he rode the esculator, till this very day.

And the bigots loved him for it.

They’re all here on this thread celebrating it, even as they try and deflect from it.

And the very same people are abolutely gleeful about Abbot dumping refugees in single digit weather. Mexihate never looked more deplorable.

Or, more succinctly, “I am paper you are glue, whatever I say sticks to you”
wouldn't whatever I say stick to paper? since the mechanism for making something stick is the glue?

The thread title is:

Boss ‘joked’ about shooting Black people, and worker who complained was fired, feds say​

BUT...................

You want to use this thread as a soapbox to whine about how MAGAs are talked about? Like I said, if it quacks like a duck.......................
nice deflection. after trying to allude that all conservatives are MAGA in a way, you now try to invoke some sort of deflection to the very point that everyone you call MAGA , is not.

yeah the OP guy who joked about Black people is probably a racist, but calling him a MAGA until you know for sure is non sequitur.

Nah, he meant the supervisor must be a Democrat, because, you know, NO Republican would EVER behave that way :ROFLMAO:
The supervisor was most likely someone like David DePape

Racism and MAGA go together hand in glove. Donald Trump worked to appeal to angry white bigots from the day he rode the esculator, till this very day.

And the bigots loved him for it.

They’re all here on this thread celebrating it, even as they try and deflect from it.

And the very same people are abolutely gleeful about Abbot dumping refugees in single digit weather. Mexihate never looked more deplorable.
No, that's hyper partisan noise from the far left.

No it isn't. If someone supports a racist scumbag being put into office to impose anti American policies that kill people, erode confidence in our government, and on the world stage while at the same time undermining the core values of our democracy then they are of the same brush.

This idea of people didn't like the direction so it made sense to sell out all of their values to see how a racist, wife abusing moron would fare at running the country and signing executive orders designed solely to split the country is idiotic at best.

Those who support Trump do not want to see a better country. Trump is the destruction of our country. If you don't want to be in the painted with the racist, America hating brush, then perhaps you shouldn't be standing arm and arm with the other racist America hating boards on the wall being painted.

No it isn't. If someone supports a racist scumbag being put into office to impose anti American policies that kill people, erode confidence in our government, and on the world stage while at the same time undermining the core values of our democracy then they are of the same brush.

This idea of people didn't like the direction so it made sense to sell out all of their values to see how a racist, wife abusing moron would fare at running the country and signing executive orders designed solely to split the country is idiotic at best.

Those who support Trump do not want to see a better country. Trump is the destruction of our country. If you don't want to be in the painted with the racist, America hating brush, then perhaps you shouldn't be standing arm and arm with the other racist America hating boards on the wall being painted.
That's more hyper partisan noise.

1) We're talking about a guy in Oklahoma - not Trump. I don't think anyone is condoning what he did.

2) It's not accurate to call Trump, 'MAGAs' or people who want this country to be better, 'racist America-haters'.

3) Again, there are racists and other bad people in ALL groups. To try to bucket this guy in OK in with these other groups based on what we know here is silly.

That's more hyper partisan noise.

1) We're talking about a guy in Oklahoma - not Trump. I don't think anyone is condoning what he did.

2) It's not accurate to call Trump, 'MAGAs' or people who want this country to be better, 'racist America-haters'.

3) Again, there are racists and other bad people in ALL groups. To try to bucket this guy in OK in with these other groups based on what we know here is silly.
no i explained it.

Not one single person who supports Trump or believes in that Maga mind controlling bullshit wants America to be better so your argument is invalid. Maga supporters are terrorists. Nothing else.

no i explained it.

Not one single person who supports Trump or believes in that Maga mind controlling bullshit wants America to be better so your argument is invalid. Maga supporters are terrorists. Nothing else.
As I said...
2) More hyper partisan noise.

Donald Trump blew the Mexihate dog whistle the very day he announced. He has pandered to bigots ever since (and before that, as well).

Racism is the core MAGA principle. It’s the one thing that unties his almost entirely white base.

”Secure Borders” is a trope. Not one person in MAGA world gives a damn about ”securing” the Canadian border.

You just have to keep the brown people out.

Don’t insult anyone’s intelligence by trying to pretend that the MAGA world would actually welcome any of these people if they had been granted asylum.

Just look at the usual suspects on another threat positively gleeful that Gregg Abbott got some innocent people to get on a bus, and dumping them off on Massachusetts Ave on the coldest night of the year.

That is exactly what I thought.
Just what exactly do you think you have learned here...
That you can be TRIGGERED and led around by the nose by HangLOW...

You've learned something if you can answer a question
that you could not have answered previously...

That is the only lesson I will administer to you...
Now run along and play with your little friends...
-Peace

you of the weak mind...
may want to proofread your work before submitting it...
1672278405253.png

Last edited:
Just what exactly do you think you have learned here...
That you can be TRIGGERED and led around by the nose by HangLOW...

You've learned something if you can answer a question
that you could not have answered previously...

That is the only lesson I will administer to you...
Now run along and play with your little friends...
-Peace

you of the weak mind...
may want to proofread your work before submitting it...
You think me laughing at your silly posting style, ie only posting other peoples twitter posts, has me triggered. How pathetic.

Maybe someday come up with an original thought.

Back
Top Bottom